Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2009
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 155 mb

Bio:

David L. Reece is an American vocalist best known for his time with Accept and contribution to their 1989 album Eat the Heat.Reece grew up in Oklahoma, making his recording debut with Dare Force in 1989, although he had been singing for them as early as 1982. He also recorded vocals for a demo for Sacred Child. He was replaced by Astrid Young before their album recording, but the demos were included on a re-release of their debut.With Accept:See the article about Eat the Heat. After many auditions, Reece was chosen to be the new Accept singer. He and the rest of the band produced what has been regarded as a much different sounding album compared to the previous Accept albums. The '89-'90 tour with W.A.S.P and Metal Church was eventually cancelled, and he was let go as singer as Accept went on a hiatus.After Accept:After being sacked from Accept, he formed Bangalore Choir and released an album with them. The band included members of Hericane Alice - a band for which Reece had declined to record demo vocals earlier due to his involvement with Lillian X - a partnership which never resulted in any recorded material. The following years he released two albums with Sircle of Silence with Larry Farkas from Vengeance Rising, Jay Schellen from Hurricane and Greg Chaisson, formerly of Badlands.He then released an album with American band Stream.In 2007, Reece joined Swedish band Gypsy Rose, releasing an album with them the following year.Reece released his first solo album on August 28, 2009. His band consists of Andy Susemihl (ex-U.D.O.), Stefan Schwarzmann (formerly with U.D.O., currently also with Accept) and Jochen Fünders (ex-Holy Moses).With 11 NEW STUDIO tracks, the CD features a big name cast including bassist Ronnie Parkes (7 Witches), guitarist Jack Frost (7 Witches, Savatage, Metalium), keyboardist Paul Morris (Rainbow, Doro, Jurgen Blackmore), and special guests Christian Tolle and Andy Susemihl. The mix was handled by Joey Vera (Armoured Saint) and Martin Kronlund, with Martin also performing full mastering duties.

Album:

Don't let the uninspired artwork fool you, the music on Universal Language is anything but. This CD is the brainchild of vocalist David Reece, a man who fronted both Accept and Bangalore Choir, and seems have turned into somewhat of a work-a-holic since disappearing from the scene for a few years.What this CD sounds like to me, and this isn't a bad thing, is a David Coverdale solo outing. Reece sounds so much like Coverdale at times that it is uncanny, and other times I'm reminded of Glenn Hughes - a vocalist really can't go wrong if he sounds a bit like those two legends. The twelve songs presented here also show a wide spectrum of musical tastes, far more varied than Reece's previous recordings. Of course that means that there will be a few clunkers mixed in with the gems, but for the most part I am impressed with this album as you can tell it was a labor of love. The album kicks off with the Whitesnake inspired "Before I Die", which makes for a strong and melodic start. After the moody "All The Way" comes one of the disc's highlights, "Flying Close To The Flame". That track is up-tempo and has a killer chorus that anyone can sing along with. "The River" is another cool track, which has a Warrant "Uncle Tom's Cabin" type intro before tuning down, changing tempos, and then rocking throughout. "Rescue Me", "We Were Alive" and the beautiful acoustic ballad "Queen Of My Dreams" find Reece singing from deep within his soul, and show that his voice has definitely stood the test of time. David Reece could have played it safe with Universal Language, but instead has taken a slight detour. Fans of his previous works/bands will be able to find enough on this melodic rock CD to keep them happy though, even it isn't a direct copy of his more well-known releases. This CD represents David Reece expanding his horizons without turning his back on his past, and is a welcome addition to his recording legacy.

Line Up:

David Reece : Vocals (ex-Accept, ex-Bangalore Choir, ex-Gypsy Rose)
Stefan Schwarzmann : Drums (ex-Accept, ex-Helloween, ex-Krokus, ex-Running Wild, ex-UDO)
Andy Susemihl : Guitar (ex-UDO)
Jochen Fuenders : Bass (ex-Holy Moses)

Additional Musicians:

Thommy Bloch - background vocals
Horst Rock - background vocals
Manfred Rollinger - background vocals

Production:

Produced and mixed by Andy Susemihl. Mastered by Ulf Hattwig.

Tracklist:

01. Before I Die
02. All The Way
03. Flying Too Close To The Flame
04. Fantasy Man
05. The River
06. I’ll Remember You
07. Rescue Me
08. Once A Lifetime
09. We Were Alive
10. Flesh And Blood
11. Queen Of My Dreams
12. Yellow

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2009 / NEWS 2009"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných