Rainbow - Anthology 1975-1984 (2CD) (2009)

hudební novinky 2009 / music news 2009
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 26 Jan 2021, 13:11

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2009 (Remastered Edition)
Style : Hard Rock , Classic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 132 mb

Bio:

Rainbow (also known as Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow or Blackmore's Rainbow) were a British rock band controlled by guitarist Ritchie Blackmore from 1975 to 1984 and 1994 to 1997. They were originally established with American rock band Elf's members,but Blackmore fired all the members except Ronnie James Dio who would leave in 1979.Three British musicians joined in 1979, singer Graham Bonnet, keyboardist Don Airey, former Deep Purple bassist Roger Glover, and this line-up gave the band their commercial breakthrough with the single "Since You Been Gone". Over the years Rainbow went through many line-up changes with no two studio albums featuring the same line-up. Other lead singers Joe Lynn Turner and Doogie White would follow, and the project consisted of numerous backing musicians. The band started out combining mystical lyric themes with neo-classical metal, but went in a more streamlined commercial style following Dio's departure from the group.Rainbow were ranked No. 90 on VH1's 100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock.The band has sold over 28 million albums worldwide and 4 million albums in the United States.

Album:

Digitally remastered Double CD retrospective of the legendary rock band.With Ritchie Blackmore being the only constant in their career I guess most people would associate different eras with the singer who sang the songs, with disc one covering the Dio years (‘Ritchie Blackmore’s Rainbow’, ‘Rising’, On Stage’ and Long Live Rock’n’Roll’) and disc two covering the Graham Bonnet and Joe Lynn Turner eras (‘Down To Earth’, ‘Difficult To Cure’, ‘Straight Between The Eyes’, ‘Bent Out Of Shape’ and ‘Final Vinyl’).Personally I found the debut album very patchy with only ‘Man On The Silver Mountain’ really standing the test of time, but you can’t really argue with ‘Tarot Woman’, ‘Stargazer’ and ‘A Light In The Black’ from ‘Rising’ – a true masterclass in dynamics and virtuosity with everyone, particularly keyboard player Tony Carey and drummer Cozy Powell, stepping up to the plate. As much as I like it, the lengthy live version of ‘Catch The Rainbow’ rather breaks the flow (unlike the awesome ‘Kill The King’) and I’m a bit non-plussed by the absence of ‘Long Live Rock’n’Roll’ rather than either ‘Lady Of The Lake’ or ‘L.A. Connection’ from the album of the same name, alongside the essential ‘Gates Of Babylon’.I’m afraid I find the second disc significantly less interesting, although at least you get something previously unreleased in a live version of the old chestnut ‘Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow’ alongside single b-sides ‘Weiss Heim’ and ‘Jealous Lover’. You get all the singles: ‘Since You’ve Been Gone’, ‘I Surrender’, ‘Stone Cold’, Street Of Dreams’ and a live version of ‘All Night Long’, and some great upbeat tracks like ‘Lost In Hollywood’ and ‘Death Alley Driver’. There are a handful of under-rated album tracks like ‘Eyes Of The World’, ‘Eyes Of Fire’ and ‘Can’t Let You Go’, but for me ‘Spotlight Kid’ is a glaring omission and I’m pretty much against mixing studio and live tracks on a compilation.The quality of Rainbow’s back catalogue pretty much eliminates the possibility of putting out a really substandard anthology, but as good as this double CD is, I still feel it could have been a little bit better.

Line-Up:

Ritchie Blackmore - guitar
Roger Glover - bass, percussion, producer
Joe Lynn Turner - vocals
David Rosenthal - keyboard
Chuck Burgi - drums

Production:

A&R, Coordinator [Co-ordinator] – Simon Li
Art Direction, Design – Hugh Gilmour
Consultant [Project Consultant] – Steve Hammonds
Photography By [Cover Photograph] – Fin Costello, Redferns
Production Manager – Jon Richards
Remastered By – Andy Pearce
Sleeve Notes – Jerry Bloom

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Sixteenth Century Greensleeves
02. The Temple Of The King
03. Man On The Silver Mountain
04. Still I'm Sad
05. Tarot Woman
06. A Light In The Back
07. Stargazer
08. Catch The Rainbow (live)
09. Kill The King (live)
10. Gates Of Babylon
11. Lady Of The Lake
12. L.A. Connection

CD2:

01. Eyes Of The World
02. Since You Been Gone
03. Lost In Hollywood
04. Weis Heim
05. Will You Love Me Tomorrow (live)
06. I Surrender
07. Vielleicht Das Nachste Mal (Maybe Next Time)
08. Jealous Lover
09. Stone Cold
10. Death Alley Driver
11. Eyes Of Fire
12. Can't Let You Go
13. Street Of Dreams
14. Snowman
15. Stranded (live)
16. All Night Long (live)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2009 / NEWS 2009"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 7 neregistrovaných