Skid Row - Skid Row (1989) (Japan SHM-CD Remastered Edition 2009)

hudební novinky 2009 / music news 2009
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 10 Mar 2020, 18:38

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Japan SHM-CD Remastered Edition 2009)
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 160 mb

Bio:

SKID ROW — Johnny Solinger (vocals), Scotti Hill (guitar), Rachel Bolan (bass), Dave "Snake" Sabo (guitar) and Rob Hammersmith (drums) — will release its new seven-song EP, "Rise Of The Damnation Army - United World Rebellion: Chapter Two", on August 5 via Megaforce Records.After a hiatus that started in 1996, SKID ROW returned to the big stage — literally — opening for KISS in 2000. Exhilarated to tour with the heroes who rallied them in the first place, the band was reinvigorated by being underdogs who needed to come out fighting to prove themselves."When we put the band back together, we needed to reintroduce SKID ROW as relevant without relying too much on past success," explains SKID ROW bassist Rachel Bolan. "We wrote songs and hit the road. We sunk our heart and soul into it, letting people know we weren't doing it for lack of something better to do."2003's "Thickskin" and 2006's "Revolutions Per Minute" were battle plans for hundreds of live shows with new singer Johnny Solinger out front, every night being a hard fought battle to win new fans and convince the old ones. "United World Rebellion - Part 2" is SKID ROW coming out swinging. Rachel and Sabo tapped again into the potent songwriting collaboration that built the band. Sabo says they were eagerly up to the challenge. "We seem to be at our best when we're faced with adversity. It's us against the world again — and by us I mean the band and the fans who stick with us and carry the SKID ROW torch without fail."New plans came together in an Atlanta recording studio. But it's a different time, a different industry, so they decided to record a series of EPs. "The idea really appealed to me," says Bolan, "especially with the constantly changing musical climate. I like the idea of a steady flow of new music, as opposed to releasing a full-length album then riding it for the next two years."That guerrilla burst of recording a concise EP fostered a focused intensity that was liberating, says Snake. "The pressure seemed to be lifted. That immediately set me at ease and it became really exciting."Exciting and potent, prompting Solinger to exert the full range of his ability. "The third time in the studio as the voice of SKID ROW was the proverbial charm, and the proof is in the tracks. 'United World Rebellion - Part 2' is the most meaningful work I've done with the band. It's definitely the most I've been challenged, vocally.""Rise Of The Damnation Army - United World Rebellion: Chapter Two" will also contain covers of QUEEN and AEROSMITH classics as bonus tracks. Asked why they chose these tracks to cover, SKID ROW said: "These songs fit seamlessly into the subject matter of 'United World Rebellion: Chapter Two'. They both have that 'get up and fight' attitude."These songs were from our youth that meant a lot, and as far as we know, no one has covered them, and more important, the songs are still exciting and fit perfectly with the attitude of all other songs on the album."

Album:

Self-titled debut from SKID ROW in Japanese Edition on high quality SHM-CD, remastered, featuring 4 bonus tracks and in a Cardboard Sleeve / mini LP replica of the original album art.Sadly, this was a strictly Limited Release, now out of print and reaching impressive prices at eBay."Skid Row" is probably one of the best US melodic hard rock / hair metal CD's ever.Make no mistake. This album rocks aloud with screaming guitar licks and powerful vocals from frontman Sebastian Bach. The album contains all killer/no filler hard rocking tracks that have a borderline metal feel particularly from some of the guitar solos by Dave "The Snake" Sabo & Scotti Hill.But the band packed all with a terrific sense for awesome melodies, and quite interesting lyrics too.“18 and Life” was the perfect song to define the band. Angry and a little rough around the edges, but with crisp guitars and drums set off by one of the best voices in the scene. It had one of those videos that made you sit and watch it all the way through because it had a sincerity that made it seem honest rather than preachy.But then songs like, “Here I Am,” which was just this cheeky little number that seemed so simple but was so damn catchy, would be such a direct contrast. It kept a good balance between hot-headed self-righteousness and just fun hair metal rush.“I Remember You” has the honor of being one of the stronger power ballads ever written. Mostly because it’s not really a ballad. The guitar solos never veer into overblown, masturbatory territory and Bach’s vocals are just… there are no words. I once attempted the really long “You” note around 4:33 into the song and almost passed out.The glory that is “Youth Gone Wild” represents the perfect anthem for disgruntled folks, or, you know, just going through puberty. I have yet to meet a person who doesn’t involuntarily yell 'Skid Row' listening to this assassin song.This Japanese remaster of "Skid Row" on SHM-CD delivers an impressive sound. The guitars wail, the rhythm section come punchier than never before and you feel the sensation to have Sebastian Bach shouting in your living room.The bonus tracks are recordings taken in a show at the Marquee in 1989 showcasing how aggressive, hot & crunchy Skid Row sounded live at their beginnings. Without a doubt a worthwhile material.If you find a copy at a reasonable price, buy it with eyes closed.

Line Up:

Sebastian Bach – lead vocals
Dave "The Snake" Sabo – lead and rhythm guitars, backing vocals
Scotti Hill – lead and rhythm guitars, backing vocals
Rachel Bolan – bass, backing vocals
Rob Affuso – drums, percussion

Produced, engineered & mixed by Michael Wagener

Tracklist:

01. Big Guns
02. Sweet Little Sister
03. Can't Stand The Heartache
04. Piece Of Me
05. 18 and Life
06. Rattlesnake Shake
07. Youth Gone Wild
08. Here I Am
09. Makin' A Mess
10. I Remember You
11. Midnight/Tornado
12. Makin' A Mess (Live at the Marquee, 1989) (Bonus Track)
13. Big Guns (Live at the Marquee, 1989) (Bonus Track)
14. Here I Am (Live at the Marquee, 1989) (Bonus Track)
15. Youth Gone Wild (Live at the Marquee, 1989) (Bonus Track)

+ Video "18 And Life" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2009 / NEWS 2009"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných