Burn - Global Warning (2007) (Japan Edition 2008)

hudební novinky 2008 / music news 2008
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Apr 2023, 06:27

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2007 (Japan Edition 2008)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 133 mb

Bio:

Burn was formed in by brothers Barney and Marc Stackhouse out of the remnants of Loughborough band Renegade. Mutual friends Jeff Ogden, Karl Bee and Rab Devenney completed the original line-up. The band’s first album, So Far, So Bad, released in 1993, was very well received by critics and lovers of classic melodic rock alike. The release received no less than a 5K review in Kerrang, along with many other glowing tributes, and went on to sell north of 10,000 copies. This was no mean feat, as the band’s independent release fought against the wave of Grunge sweeping all before it in the music world at that time.The band followed up the debut release with Spark To a Flame in 1995. Unfortunately, this album, despite having many notable moments, failed to have the same impact as the previous release and momentum stalled.Towards the end of the decade the band started to write songs for their third album but they were dealt a hammer blow when Drummer Karl Bee was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident in 2001. This devastated the close-knit band and all Burn activities were put on hold. Rab decided that he no longer wanted to continue and left the band.It was in 2005 that Barney took up the reins again and started to rebuild Burn. In possession of a part finished album of songs he brought in Zodiac Mindwarp drummer Rob Vomm and former Rogue Male Lead Guitarist Julian Nicholas to complete the line-up. The band started playing live again and Barney and Julian set about finishing off the album.In the meantime, on the recommend of Jeff, Barney contacted Phil Hammond, who had once been a member of Leicester band Alien. Jeff remembered that Phil was the main songwriter in Alien and thought he may be an option to bring additional new material to the band. The timing was perfect as Phil had just started writing again after a 15 year break from music.The band started working on the original songs that had been recorded and Julian and Phil brought in new material to bolster the album. Their influence also led to the Burn sound becoming significantly more muscular. Along with the new tracks the original songs were partly re-recorded to add much heavier guitars and epic keyboards. Jeff Ogden’s stunning vocal performance across the material, new and old, took the band’s sound to a whole new level. Rob Vomm was replaced in the meantime by American drummer, Benjamin Reid (ex-Kick, Debbie Bonham, Ted Nugent)The finished album was titled Global Warning and it was released in May 2007.The album was extremely well received by the rock media with review after review praising the songs, the performances and the production. The album sold particularly well in Japan, where advance orders numbered 2500 following a glowing review in the influential Japanese magazine, ironically called, Burrn!The band took to the road in 2007 and 2008 as a 6 piece, culminating in a triumphant appearance at Firefest V in Nottingham.Although the album sold relatively well and live reviews encouraged people to go out and see the band when they could, momentum once again stalled. The band members drifted apart and Burn effectively ceased to be at the end of 2008. The planned follow-up album to Global Warning was put on indefinite hold.Marc and Jeff formed a local band, Benj joined Letz Zep and the others drifted off into other things.Once again Barney was the one to drag Burn from its slumber. Phil had been writing and demoing songs in the intervening years and in 2012 they started to construct the fourth Burn album. By 2014 they were ready for someone to sing the songs. Jeff had effectively ruled himself out of the band and so Barney and Phil started the search. Finding someone of a high enough calibre was proving difficult until a conversation with Eden’s Curse mainman Paul Logue led to Phil contacting Steve Newman. Steve has a catalogue of highly regarded solo albums to his name and his vocal style seemed to be just what the Burn version of melodic heavy rock required. Fortunately, Steve liked the material and was excited to get involved in a band for the first time in many years.Steve was the perfect fit and his vocal performances left Phil and Barney in no doubt that they had found their ideal frontman.On Steve’s recommendation Phil approached Chris Green (Tyketto, Pride, Furyon, Rubicon Cross) to fill the lead guitar berth. To say that Phil and Barney’s jaws hit the floor when they heard the first solo Chris presented to them would be an understatement. Once again, the perfect fit. Chris subsequently recorded a string of solos for the album that should leave listeners in no doubt that he is one of the very best lead players out there.The new line-up was complete, and so was the album.In order to make sure that the finished tracks reached their full sonic potential, Grammy Award Winning Swedish Engineer Tobias Lindell (H.E.A.T., Europe, etc)was brought in to work with the band to complete the final mix.So here we are. Burn’s fourth album is ready for release. It is called Ice Age and it is a work of which all the guys are extremely proud. They can’t wait to share it with you. We are sure that it will be worth the wait.

Album:

Third full-length album.This is one of the times I wonder why our kind publishing editor gave the specific album to me for a review. He usually gives me only extreme stuff, something you have probably understood until now, or Ferret's crap. This time an album that belongs to his field ended up in my hands. Not that I really care. It is always nice to have a break and listen to some more melodic stuff.The UK based rockers have released their third full-length album and I admit that we have some quality melodic Hard Rock here. Even though I tried to search for some info about Formula One Records I found no site neither a Myspace page, so I suppose it is a label formed by the band to release its own stuff.So what would you say about some catchy music with sing along choruses, great riffing and a kick ass singer? Oh, I almost forgot to add the 'environment friendly' lyrics the band has written. Something that is obvious from the album's title. I guess that if you are looking for some modern melodic Hard Rock that brings back memories of DOKKEN, FOREIGNER, HAREM SCAREM as well as some newer stuff like GOTTHARD, then BURN is the best choice for you.The songs are really catchy and there will be many times that a riff or some lyrics will be stuck in your mind for some days. Thumbs up for Julian's great work on the solos, that make the tracks sound even more kick ass. The only bad thing I can say is that the band should work a bit more on the drums, since the PC sound is really obvious. I think that this kind of music should be played with physical instruments so the energy would be carved on every note.Nothing more to be said. BURN are not here to change the history of music as we know it, but they can surely change your day making it more rock and more roll! Don't have second thoughts. Just go get the album now and you won't regret it!

Line-Up:

Jeff Ogden - Vocals
Julian Nicholas - Lead Guitar
Phil Hammond - Guitar
Marc Stackhouse - Bass
Barney Stackhouse - Keyboards
Benjy Reid - Drums

Tracklist:

01 Shadow Of The Satellites
02 Dangerous Times
03 Forgive Me
04 Down In Flames
05 Meltdown
06 Made That Way
07 Pray For Rain
08 In Another Lifetime
09 Weight Of Expectation
10 I Don't Mind
11 Give Me Tonight
12 Need A Little Loving (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2008 / NEWS 2008"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 2 neregistrovaní