Romeo's Daughter - Romeo's Daughter (1988) (Rock Candy Remastered 2008)

hudební novinky 2008 / music news 2008
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Mar 2022, 11:51

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988 (Rock Candy Remastered 2011)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos
Size : 184 mb

Bio:

Romeo's Daughter are a British AOR mainstream rock band featuring Leigh Matty, Craig Joiner and Anthony Mitman. The band released two albums in 1988 and 1993 respectively. The band then reformed in 2009 and have toured extensively, as well as releasing new material: a live EP of past hits and an album of new material Rapture in 2012.The manager of the band was Olga Lange, then the wife of Robert John "Mutt" Lange. Mutt Lange was impressed by their song-writing abilities and agreed to produce (part of) their debut album. Hence, Romeo's Daughter was often seen as protégés of Mutt Lange.The first album contained the singles "Don't Break My Heart", "I Cry Myself to Sleep at Night", covered by Bonnie Tyler and Chrissy Steele and "Heaven in the Back Seat", the latter from the A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child soundtrack. The album was produced by Mutt Lange and John Parr. "Wild Child" (written by Mutt Lange) was later covered by Heart on the Brigade album, and "Heaven in the Back Seat" was covered by Eddie Money on his 1991 album, Right Here.The second album, Delectable was a more mature affair, although it was released on the smaller Music for Nations label so got less exposure. Mitman went on to work with FM and other bands while the band quietly broke up in the mid 1990s.

Album:

Easily among my favorite female-fronted Melodic Rock albums of all time, ROMEO’S DAUGHTER self-titled debut “Romeo’s Daughter” received a Rock Candy remastering treatment plus 3 bonus tracks.The sound quality on this remaster is simply awesome, no doubt one of the best done by this prestigious reissue label.Fronted with a marvelous sense of style by golden voiced Leigh Matty and supported by a team of grade-A band members and session musicians, “Romeo’s Daughter” blazed a path – with impassioned vocals, great production and songs to die for – through the Melodic Rock hinterlands during the late ’80s collapsing in an exhausted heap at the finishing line.Produced by the legendary Robert ‘Mutt’ Lange and songwriter/performer John Parr, two of the hottest names in the business, and signed to the emerging powerhouse of Jive Records, the odds were stacked very much in Romeo’s Daughter’s favour.Sadly, despite lashings of great press, radio play and an exploratory trip to the US market, the promise was never fully realised.Originally issued in 1989, the album courted instant critical praise not only for its quality and sophistication but also for the way it bought British Melodic Rock back into sharp focus after years spent in the doldrums.Compared with such mega luminaries as Heart and Def Leppard this album should have sold millions and propelled Romeo’s Daughter to fame and fortune.Instead, we have been left with a rare example of one of the most complete and criminally overlooked albums of the late Eighties.All songs on “Romeo’s Daughter” are pure gold, all Melodic Rock / AOR gems crafted with clinical precision and awesomely recorded / produced. Even the 3 bonus tracks were recorded live in 1990 with an incredible crystal clear sound.“Romeo’s Daughter” is simply fantastic, and as said, this remaster is Superb. Request fulfilled, place yours!

Line-Up:

Leigh Matty (vocals)
Craig Joiner (guitar, vocals)
Tony Mitman (keyboards)
Produced by “Mutt” Lange & John Parr

Tracklist:

01. Heaven In The Backseat
02. Don’t Break My Heart
03. I Cry Myself To Sleep At Night
04. Wild Child
05. Hymn (Look Through Golden Eyes)
06. Velvet Tongue
07. Stay With Me Tonight
08. Inside Out
09. I Like What I See
10. Colour You A Smile
11. Heaven In The Backseat (Live 1990) (Bonus Track)
12. Velvet Tongue (Live 1990) (Bonus Track)
13. I Cry Myself To Sleep At Night (Live 1990) (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Don't Break My Heart" (Official Video)
+ Video "I Cry Myself To Sleep At Night" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2008 / NEWS 2008"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní