Rick Springfield - Tao (1985) (Rock Candy Remastered 2008)

hudební novinky 2008 / music news 2008
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 16 Jún 2021, 06:21

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1985 (Rock Candy Remastered 2008)
Style : Melodic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos
Size : 137 mb

Bio:

Rick Springfield (born Richard Lewis Springthorpe; 23 August 1949) is an Australian musician, singer-songwriter, actor and author. He was a member of the pop rock group Zoot from 1969 to 1971, then started his solo career with his début single "Speak to the Sky" reaching the top 10 in Australia in mid-1972, when he moved to the United States. He had a No. 1 hit with "Jessie's Girl" in 1981 in both Australia and the US, for which he received the Grammy Award for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance. He followed with four more top 10 US hits, "I've Done Everything for You", "Don't Talk to Strangers", "Affair of the Heart" and "Love Somebody". His two US top 10 albums are Working Class Dog (1981) and Success Hasn't Spoiled Me Yet (1982). As an actor, he portrayed Dr. Noah Drake on the daytime drama General Hospital, from 1981 to 1983 and during 2005 to 2008 and 2012, returning in 2013 for the show's 50th anniversary with son and actor Liam Springthorpe. In 2010, Springfield published his autobiography, Late, Late at Night: A Memoir.

Album:

This is one of the best records from the 80`s. It has it all and is definatly the best Rick Springfield album ever.Tao album for sale by Rick Springfield was released Jul 04, 2011 on the Rock Candy label. Out of print in the U.S. ! Digitally remastered reissue of this 1985 album from the Pop/Rock hitmaker. Tao album for sale Features the hit singles 'State Of The Heart' (originally by fellow Australians Mondo Rock) and 'Celebrate Youth'. Rock Candy.2008. With Tao, Springfield decided to experiment with new wave and synthrock. Springfield noted in a 2012 interview, "Tao had a lot of European influences and I perhaps went a little bit too far in that direction. The production was more European orientated, with the massive synths and that stuff actually did it really well in Europe, especially in Germany, 'Celebrate Youth' was a hit." Springfield considers Tao to be his finest album to date. "We just had a lot of new ideas. It is probably the one I experimented on the most. Whatever I thought of we tried it. It was just when sampling was just starting, we got really into the drum sampling. But we started on just a DMX. A little DMX drum machine, all the original drum tracks were laid down on that, and then we triggered other drum samples from that. It was built up track by track. That is still my favorite album." Springfield recalls, "I had stopped listening to American rock by 1984. In fact, I was getting increasingly interested in what was going on in other types of music, especially with artists who were English."In the linear notes for the collector's edition CD of "Tao" Springfield comments, "I was going through a major depression back then, and had been for a few years. I was spiritually lost, and finding it hard to cope with everything that was going on. Even my success was causing me pain. I couldn't come to terms with earning so much money while others were struggling to find small change even to eat. It seemed so wrong, but what could I do about it? On top of that, I had real problems dealing with my father's death. It all meant that I was in such a mess, which is why the lyrics on the "Tao" album are definitely the darkest of my career."Tao was dismissed by Rolling Stone’s Wild as "an overwrought, misguided bid for respectability." Voicing similar concerns, Stereo Review contributor Steve Simels explained what he viewed as "production overkill" by suggesting that Springfield may have had "lingering suspicions that he’s a pretty face rather than a musician." Still, Simels did note that "when he’s dealing with relationships, Springfield is capable of writing with a fair amount of verbal facility and genuine feeling."

Line Up:

Rick Springfield (vocals, guitar)

Backing Vocals – Mike Seifrit, Tom Kelly, Tom Funderburk*
Bass – Pino Palladino
Drums – Mike Baird
Guitar Synthesizer – Jeff Silverman
Guitar, Guitar Synthesizer – Tim Pierce
Guitar, Synthesizer, Bass, Percussion, Backing Vocals – Rick Springfield
Percussion – Mike Fischer*
Synthesizer – John Philip Shenale, Mitchell Froom, Nicky Hopkins

production:

Recorded At – The Village Recorder
Mixed At – The Village Recorder
Mastered At – Artisan Sound Recorders
Photography By – Brian Aris
Producer – Bill Drescher, Rick Springfield
Remastered By – Jon Astley

Tracklist:

01. Dance This World Away (Backing Vocals – Edie Lehmann, Richard Page) 4:29
02. Celebrate Youth 3:51
03. State Of The Heart 3:59
04. Written In Rock 4:34
05. The Power Of Love (The Tao Of Love) 4:58
06. Walking On The Edge 5:09
07. Walk Like A Man 4:12
08. The Tao Of Heaven 1:26
09. Stranger In The House 4:01
10. My Father's Chair 3:23

+ Video "Dance This World Away" (Official Video)
+ Video "State Of The Heart" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2008 / NEWS 2008"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní