Whitesnake - 30th Anniversary Collection (3CD) (Tour Box Set Edition) (2008)

hudební novinky 2008 / music news 2008
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Apr 2021, 06:48

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2008
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 152 mb

Bio:

Whitesnake are a rock band, formed in England in 1978 by David Coverdale after his departure from his previous band, Deep Purple. Their early material has been compared by critics to the blues rock of Deep Purple, but they slowly began moving toward a more commercially accessible rock style.By the turn of the decade, the band's commercial fortunes changed and they released a string of UK top 10 albums, Ready an' Willing (1980), Come an' Get It (1981), Saints & Sinners (1982) and Slide It In (1984), the latter of which was their first to chart in the US and is certified 2x platinum.The band's 1987 self-titled album was their most commercially successful worldwide, and contained two major US hits, "Here I Go Again" and "Is This Love", reaching number one and two on the Hot 100. In 1988, Whitesnake was nominated for the Brit Award for Best British Group.Slip of the Tongue (1989), was also a success, reaching the top 10 in the US and UK, and receiving a platinum US certification.The band split up shortly after this release, but had a reunion in 1994, and released a one-off studio album, Restless Heart (1997).Whitesnake officially reformed in 2002 and have been touring together since, releasing two studio albums, Good to Be Bad (2008) and Forevermore (2011). In 2005, Whitesnake was named the 85th greatest hard rock band of all time by VH1.

Album:

The suitably titled 30th Anniversary Collection is a triple CD collection released in 2008, celebrating the 30th anniversary of Whitesnake. It was released by EMI and charted at number 38 on the UK Albums Chart.In 2003 the compilation album The Silver Anniversary Collection was released featuring two CDs to celebrate the band's 25th Anniversary, but this compilation celebrating the band's 30th Anniversary features as a box set compilation consisting of three CDs. Disc one is essentially the same as the compilation The Early Years, and disc two and three are "updated" versions of the two-disc compilation The Silver Anniversary Collection.Few bands defined the sound or the fashion of 80s hard rock more than Whitesnake, the band pieced together by former Deep Purple man, David Coverdale, in 1977. There was the look: the epic, bleach-blond curls and tight black leather. There were the sleeves: lurid, masturbatory images from a world before political correctness – see the cover to 1979's Lovehunter, a naked woman straddling a huge, coiled python. And there was the music: chugging, swaggering rock 'n' roll that updated the smoked sounds of 70s blues rock with added swagger, machismo, and pomp.Despite a thorough repackaging and remastering job, though, this 3CD collection shines a light on a catalogue that has not dated especially well. It's not just the issue of sexual politics, although their standpoint is undeniably outdated: ''Do I look the kind of guy who takes advantage of a woman like you?'' asks Coverdale on Would I Lie To You, before adding, with a leer, ''Or is that what you want?''.Musically too, though, Whitesnake's bluesier fare feels both slick and stiff, a bad combination. Wine, Women An' Song and Sweet Talker take a clod-hopping rhythmic approach that’s far closer to Status Quo than the much more inviting, sleazy swing of AC/DC, and there’s none of the smoky, psychedelic edge that made Coverdale’s work in Deep Purple so inviting.There are some moments: Here I Go Again is a cheeseball Guitar Hero classic in the waiting, building from an organ opening reminiscent of Procol Harum's A Whiter Shade Of Pale into a grand, polished rocker with an addictive riff and some neat, subtle guitar melodies. It’s probably worthwhile revisiting some of Coverdale’s songs with Jimmy Page (see Shake My Tree), too. Ultimately though, this is one for the fans, and even they might be put off by the occasional omission: take for example Whitesnake's cover of Bobby Bland’s Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City, which appears here only in its live incarnation.

Line Up:

David Coverdale - lead vocals
Reb Beach - guitars, backing vocals
Michael Devin - bass, harmonica, backing vocals
Tommy Aldridge - drums
Joel Hoekstra - guitars, backing vocals
Michele Luppi - keyboards, backing vocals

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Walking In The Shadow Of The Blues
02. Sweet Talker
03. Would I Lie To You
04. Trouble
05. Gambler
06. Love Hunter
07. Ready An' Willing
08. Child Of Babylon
09. Here I Go Again
10. Carry Your Load
11. Crying In The Rain
12. Rough An' Ready
13. Wine Women An' Song
14. Lie Down… I Think I Love You
15. Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City (Live)
16. Fool For Your Loving (Live)
17. ake Me With You (Live)

CD2:

01. Fool For Your Loving
02. Don't Break My Heart Again
03. Hit An' Run
04. Time Is Right For Love
05. Love Ain't No Stranger
06. Too Many Tears (Performed By David Coverdale & Whitesnake)
07. Pride And Joy (Performed By Coverdale Page)
08. Victim Of Love
09. Judgement Day
10. Is This Love
11. Take A Look At Yourself (Performed By Coverdale Page)
12. Straight For The Heart
13. Now You're Gone (Us Remix)
14. Looking For Love
15. Sailing Ships (Live)
16. Soldier Of Fortune (Live)
17. Walking In The Shadow Of The Blues (Live)
18. Ready An' Willing (Live)

CD3:

01. Slow An' Easy
02. Shake My Tree (Performed By Coverdale Page)
03. Guilty Of Love
04. Deeper Love
05. Blindman
06. Love To Keep You Warm
07. Love Is Blind (Performed By David Coverdale & Whitesnake)
08. Ain't Gonna Cry No More
09. Slave (Performed By Coverdale Page)
10. Lonely Days Lonely Nights
11. Give Me All Your Love
12. Till The Day I Die
13. Here I Go Again '87
14. Still Of The Night
15. If You Want Me
16. Best Years
17. We Wish You Well

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2008 / NEWS 2008"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní