Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2008
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 138 mb

Bio:

Steve Overland is a legend in his own lifetime and needs no introduction to any fan of British rock music.He has a musical history that goes way back into the late seventies and his first major recording was with the band “Wildlife” in 1980.Their first album “Burning” was a fine introduction to his vocal prowess while the second album “Wildlife” in 1983 extended his popularity.This album also featured Simon Kirke (Bad Company) on drums.After the demise of “Wildlife” Steve went on to form the cult British melodic rock band “FM”, a band that released many great albums throughout the eighties and nineties.Steve also released his first solo album in 2008 titled 'Break Away' and has released other albums on the Escape label for the FM spin-off band 'The Ladder'.FM are currently preparing themselves for a headline performance at the 2009 Firefest festival in Nottingham UK.

Album:

At last Shadowman finally sounds like the sum of its parts! Vocalist Steve Overland (FM) and multi-instrumentalist Steve Morris (Heartland) team up for their third record as Shadowman, but possibly the first that sound exactly as I had hoped the guys would – the perfect blend of current era Heartland mixed with classic FM.This is easily the best of the three Shadowman records and personally speaking it is already my favourite Steve Overland record to date.In a year where the stakes have been set high, the guys deliver another high classic melodic rock release that should rank as essential for all fans of FM, Overland and Heartland.This is a more uptempo record than previous releases and slightly heavier also, but still very much melodic rock. They aren't trying to be heavier than needed (such as the last Heartland record) nor too soft (such as the last album).This is perfectly balanced, engaging melodic rock, with energy and spunk and I love it.The rhythm section is a particular highlight here, with Thunder's Harry James really belting out the numbers. Steve Morris is filled with the great riffs that I thought were lacking on his last couple of record and Steve Overland simply sounds utterly phenomenal!This is one of the performances of the year.The record is mixed to perfection by Tommy Hansen and just sounds world class in every aspect.And credit to al, the songs on offer are the most engaging and catchy of the three records to date and some of the best material Morris has delivered full stop. I hope his run of inspiration lasts into the next Heartland record.Highlights are many once again – song of the year for 2008 is going to be a nightmare to adjudicate.Road To Nowhere and No Mans Land are both high on energy and big on rock and feature some outstanding choruses.Bad For You slows it down a little to inject some classic FM soul into proceedings. Colour Of Your Love is again high energy and catchy, catchy, catchy.The soulful and anthemic Fire And Ice is another highlight, especially the killer lead vocal. I've Been Wrong Before is simply one of the year's best ballads and just drips soul and emotion. Blues City has another instantly catchy hook and great uptempo flow.Little Miss Midnight is classic old-school Overland and closes the album with a bluesy uptempo swagger.Power, finesse, soul and emotion…everything Steve Overland is known for, wrapped up in a set of songs that sees Steve Morris also delivering his best. This is an essential purchase for fans of Overland, Morris, FM and Heartland. Well crafted British AOR/melodic rock with punch.

Line-Up:

Steve Overland (Wildlife, FM, So!, The Ladder, Overland, AOR) - Lead Vocals
Steve Morris (Heartland, Export, Grand Illusion, Message, Newman, Change Of Heart) - Guitars, Keyboards
Harry James (Thunder, Magnum, Russ Ballard, Terraplane) - Drums
Chris Childs (Thunder, Bowes and Morley, Broken Wings, Sledgehammer Ledge, The Union) - Bass
Steve Millington (Heartland, Sad Cafe, 10 cc, Wax) - Keyboards

Tracklist:

01. Road To Nowhere (4:28)
02. No Mans Land (3:53)
03. Bad For You (4:56)
04. Colour Of Your Love (4:15)
05. Fire And Ice (4:57)
06. Keeper Of My Heart (5:34)
07. I've Been Wrong Before (6:08)
08. It's Electric (3:44)
09. Blues City (4:47)
10. Outlaws (4:58)
11. The Hard Way (4:55)
12. Little Miss Midnight (4:12)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2008 / NEWS 2008"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných