Andy Taylor - Thunder (1987) (Japan Expanded Edition 2008)

hudební novinky 2008 / music news 2008
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Mar 2021, 13:07

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1987 (Japan Expanded Remastered Edition 2008)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos
Size : 235 mb

Bio:

Andrew Arthur Taylor (born 16 February 1961) is an English musician, singer, songwriter and record producer, best known as a former member of both Duran Duran and the Power Station.He has also recorded and performed as a solo artist, and served as a guitarist, songwriter and record producer for the likes of Robert Palmer, Rod Stewart, the Almighty, Thunder, Love and Money, Mark Shaw, Then Jerico, C. C. Catch, Paul Rodgers (with The Law), Belinda Carlisle, Gun and many more.Duran Duran began their rise to fame at a Birmingham club named the "Rum Runner". The club was owned by their managers and mentors, brothers Paul and Michael Berrow. It was centred on the music and ostentatious fashion of the era, particularly house & disco music, which had fused with punk and electronic to create the sound and look adopted by various "New Romantic" acts of the time. The band was heavily influenced by the 12 inch cuts of the day. Taylor says... "Anybody who is familiar with early DD (Duran Duran) will be aware of the Night Versions concept… the underlying influence of the 12" mix – Edwards & Rodgers – Giorgio Moroder ... It was all part of the matrix – we tested our first hits on the dance-floor before going anywhere near the radio – it was the way you defined your style and who you were, through the club you were associated with – where you hung-out ... I'm a rock fan, but the girls hung-out at the disco – I recommend a large portion of both."The band signed to EMI Records in December 1980, only seven months after completing the line-up. Their debut single "Planet Earth" was released shortly after that, with their self-titled debut album, Duran Duran, released in June 1981. By 1983, the band was a global success story.While Duran Duran were on hiatus in 1985, Andy Taylor and bassist John Taylor joined renowned session drummer and former Chic member Tony Thompson and Robert Palmer to form the band Power Station. Their eponymous album, recorded mostly at the New York studio after which the band was named, reached the top 20 in the UK and the top 10 in the US, and spawned two hit singles with "Some Like It Hot" (UK No. 14, US No. 6) and a cover of the T. Rex song "Get It On (Bang a Gong)" (UK No. 22, US No. 9). Palmer performed live with the band only once that year, on Saturday Night Live. The band toured, and even played Live Aid with singer Michael Des Barres after Palmer bowed out at the last moment to go back into the studio to further his newly revitalized solo career. Taylor also performed with Duran Duran at the Live Aid event.Palmer recorded the album Riptide in 1985, recruiting Thompson and Andy Taylor to play on some tracks and Power Station producer Bernard Edwards, who worked with Thompson in the group Chic, to helm the production. Robert recruited Wally Badarou, another Compass Point Star who had laid synthesizer tracks on the Power Station album, plus his long-term drummer, Dony Wynn, for this production as well.Taylor said: "I don't think any of us could have known at the time that this little venture would lead to the breakup of DD [v1.0] But it did or at least it exposed the cracks in the pavement. I think we were all surprised at the amount of success the project achieved, particularly Robert, whose career was reignited in the USA. It was an extraordinary time, everything we were associated with just flew off the shelves. As well as being the opportunity to express a major musical statement, I guess it was also as much of a statement against the label demands."After six years of being a member of Duran Duran, Taylor had realised both he and the band were in free fall. He and the other bandmembers rarely spoke to one another and the band were now living on three different continents. Taylor himself was now based in Los Angeles where he met with ex-Sex Pistols guitarist Steve Jones and they began collaborating for Taylor's forthcoming solo album.In the meantime, he recorded the hit single "Take It Easy" (US No. 24), which was recorded as the theme song to the movie American Anthem. Ex-Missing Persons members Terry Bozzio and Patrick O'Hearn performed drums and bass, respectively, on the song and video. Two other songs by Taylor/Jones also appeared on the album: "Wings of Love" and the instrumental "Angel Eyes". Taylor also contributed to the Miami Vice II soundtrack with the song "When The Rain Comes Down" (US No. 43). This was followed by his first solo album, Thunder (1987). O'Hearn again played bass for him on the album and during the following tour. Also on the Thunder world tour were guitarist Paul Hanson (guitarist) and drummer John Valen. Hanson, Valen & O'Hearn also appeared with Taylor in the music video for the second single from the Thunder album, "Don't Let Me Die Young". Despite moderate success in the US, Taylor's solo material failed to catch on in his native UK.Throughout 1987 and 1988, Taylor co-wrote and co-produced Rod Stewart's multi-Platinum album Out of Order along with Chic members Bernard Edwards and Tony Thompson (the latter of whom had also performed with him in Power Station), spawning the Billboard hits, "Lost in You", "Forever Young", and "My Heart Can't Tell You No".Taylor also contributed a cover of "Dead on the Money" to the Tequila Sunrise soundtrack in 1988 (Taylor's former band Duran Duran would also allow one of their own songs, "Do You Believe in Shame?", to be included on the album). A second solo album, this one consisting of entirely cover versions, entitled Dangerous, was released in 1990.Taylor then moved on to producing full-time, working with several successful UK bands throughout the 1990s. He produced the debut album Back Street Symphony by London rockers Thunder and their follow up Laughing on Judgement Day. This was followed by the Almighty album Soul Destruction, and then Mark Shaw's album Almost. Taylor based himself in his now refurbished Trident Studios in London with then manager and partner Rob Hallett, until 1994 when he returned to Los Angeles in order to write and produce tracks for a second Power Station album and the 1995 Rod Stewart album A Spanner in the Works.

Album:

Solo debut album “Thunder“ in limited Remastered & Expanded edition.While this reissue was managed by Duran Duran Fan Club, it is Taylor approved, released in Japan only and professionally mastered, silver-pressed and with a complete 8-page colour fold-out booklet faithfully replicating the original and alternate album sleeve artwork, including biography and song lyrics, plus cool OBI strip.Sound quality is excellent, and the best part of it includes 8 fantastic bonus tracks (standalone singles, B-Sides).Thunder is the first solo album by British guitarist and former Duran Duran and the Power Station member Andy Taylor, released in 1987 on MCA Records. It features former Sex Pistols guitarist Steve Jones on guitar.The album went out of print in 1990, but reemerged in a newly expanded version on online music services like iTunes when Taylor made his entire catalog available in 2010. In addition to the original version of Thunder, Taylor's previous solo singles such as "Take It Easy" were included as well.British hard rock band Thunder would later take their name in partial reference to this album.

Line Up:

Andy Taylor – lead vocals, guitars - See also: ex-Duran Duran , ex-The Power Station
Steve Jones – guitars
Mickey Curry – drums
Patrick O’Hearn – bass guitar
Brett Tuggle – keyboards
Paulinho Da Costa – percussion
Mark Volman – backing vocals
Howard Kaylan – backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. I Might Lie
02. Don't Let Me Die Young
03. Life Goes On
04. Thunder
05. Night Train
06. Tremblin'
07. Bringin' Me Down
08. Broken Window
09. French Guitar
10. Take It Easy (Bonus Track)
11. Wings Of Love (Bonus Track)
12. Angel Eyes (Bonus Track)
13. When The Rain Comes Down (Bonus Track)
14. Dead On The Money (Bonus Track)
15. Take It Easy (Vocal/Rock mix) (Bonus Track)
16. When The Rain Comes Down (Long version) (Bonus Track)
17. Take It Easy (Extended Dance version) (Bonus Track)

+ Video "I Might Lie" (Official Video)
+ Video "Don't Let Me Die Young" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2008 / NEWS 2008"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní