Satan - Court In The Act (1983) (Limited Edition 2008)

hudební novinky 2008 / music news 2008
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Feb 2021, 16:12

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1983 (Limited Edition 2008)
Style : NWOBHM , Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 176 mb

Bio:

Satan would change their name to Blind Fury after the release of their debut ''Court In The Act''. The former singer Brian Ross was replaced by Lou Taylor who was in Satan once before and himself was also, ironically, replaced by Brian Ross. After they released ''Out Of Reach'' they changed their name back to Satan and Michael Jackson joined on vocals. In 1988, they changed their name again, this time to The Kindred and then to Pariah. They recorded two more albums and then quit, with a reformed version of Pariah releasing a third album in 1997.Satan reuinted for a series of shows in 2004, and then again permanently in 2011.With regards to the band's name, Steve Ramsey said in a 2013 interview: "The judge was always part of it, the judge and the the devil. That’s the basic theme of the whole band, you know. Satan isn’t occult or anything like that, the whole idea of the band is injustice. It’s all about injustice."

Album:

Court In The Act seems to have gained a bit of a cult following, especially since the band reformed and have garnered many positive reviews for their latest output. I am very happy for their recent resurgence, but I'm at a loss as to how they never made the big leagues back in the day seeing as this record is close to being perfect in every way. Consider that Court In The Act was released the same year as "Kill Em All", "Piece Of Mind" and "Show No Mercy" and somehow is not revered in the same way as these other classic records. I would go as far as to say that Satan's debut offering is superior to the the three aforementioned debut platters. Sure, it's not as influential and might not have been if it had been correctly promoted but the songwriting, technical prowess, heaviness and overall vibe are undeniably jaw-dropping.One listen will easily hammer my point home, as the twin guitar attack of Tippins and Ramsey is stellar. Their precision playing and intertwined harmonies are what truly elevates this record to the status of "classic" and "must own". Every solo on every song is bursting with urgency and leaves a lasting impression. If you've not been smiling in utter joy and admiration of the guitar work then Brian Ross's vocals will surely do the trick. I admit, at first that he sounds slightly flat and one dimensional but his tone does fit perfectly and his high notes more than make up for it. (The fact that Brian can still hit all the highs to this day, seeing as he's knocking on the door to 60 is almost unbelievable.) Unsurprising that bass and drums are tight and flawless, though I won't go into detail when it comes to these instruments as I'm not too savvy compared with my knowledge of six strings and the backs of men's throats.Every song's a winner, absolutely no filler and the record is the perfect running time. The artwork does seem a bit goofy by today's standards but I really do like it. It looks creepy enough. The only negative issue I have which has prevented me from giving a perfect score is the production. I've heard a few different releases of this and it seems to be an almost quiet mix, thus meaning stereo volume is whacked right up and you can't make out much in the way of bass. Satan are back in business and some may say their newest releases top this one. Time will tell, but make no mistake they will remain the uncrowned kings of the NWOBHM movement and one of the best bands I've had the pleasure of listening to.

Line-Up:

Graeme English Bass - See also: Skyclad, ex-Blind Fury, ex-Pariah
Sean Taylor Drums - See also: ex-Blind Fury, ex-Warrior, ex-Blitzkrieg, ex-Raven, ex-Pariah
Russ Tippins Guitars - See also: ex-Blind Fury, ex-Pariah, ex-Tysondog
Steve Ramsey Guitars - See also: Skyclad, ex-Blind Fury, ex-Pariah
Brian Ross Vocals - See also: Blitzkrieg, ex-Lone Wolf, ex-Avenger, ex-Anvil, ex-Kashmir

Tracklist:

01. Into the Fire 01:44 instrumental
02. Trial by Fire 04:18
03. Blades of Steel 05:16
04. No Turning Back 04:01
05. Broken Treaties 04:44
06. Break Free 05:20
07. Hunt You Down 03:30
08. The Ritual 04:40 instrumental
09. Dark Side of Innocence 00:57 instrumental
10. Alone in the Dock 06:24
11. Dynamo 04:04 (Bonus Track)
12. Pull the Trigger 05:10 (Bonus Track)
13. Break Free (Single version) 05:23 (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2008 / NEWS 2008"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní