Rick Springfield - Living In Oz (1989) (Rock Candy Remastered 2008)

hudební novinky 2008 / music news 2008
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Dec 2020, 18:03

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Rock Candy Remastered 2008)
Style : Melodic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos
Size : 137 mb

Bio:

Rick Springfield (born Richard Lewis Springthorpe; 23 August 1949) is an Australian musician, singer-songwriter, actor and author. He was a member of the pop rock group Zoot from 1969 to 1971, then started his solo career with his début single "Speak to the Sky" reaching the top 10 in Australia in mid-1972, when he moved to the United States. He had a No. 1 hit with "Jessie's Girl" in 1981 in both Australia and the US, for which he received the Grammy Award for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance. He followed with four more top 10 US hits, "I've Done Everything for You", "Don't Talk to Strangers", "Affair of the Heart" and "Love Somebody". His two US top 10 albums are Working Class Dog (1981) and Success Hasn't Spoiled Me Yet (1982). As an actor, he portrayed Dr. Noah Drake on the daytime drama General Hospital, from 1981 to 1983 and during 2005 to 2008 and 2012, returning in 2013 for the show's 50th anniversary with son and actor Liam Springthorpe. In 2010, Springfield published his autobiography, Late, Late at Night: A Memoir.

Album:

Here's RICK SPRINGFIELD's "Living In Oz", one of his best '80s albums 'Remastered & Reloaded' by Rock Candy Records."Living In Oz" appeared at a time when Rick had made name for himself as a beloved actor in various TV series and as a rock&pop artist, having released the multi-platinum albums Working Class Dog and Success Hasn't Spoiled Me Yet.After that he wanted a lot more Rock credibility and started to write harder-edged material that would take his (already) outstanding career to a new level.Recorded with such luminaries as incredible guitarist Tim Pierce, drummer Mike Baird (Stan Bush, Journey) keyboardist Alan Pasqua, Richard Page & Tom Kelly doing backing vocals, etc, and produced by Bill Drescher and Springfield himself, it was another album that reached the platinum status, even though it differed a lot from the ones previously released."Living In Oz" showcased a slightly different creative tack for Springfield, who opted to modify his existing sound with deeper, more personalised lyrical themes, yet still retain a glossy melodic sheen.The album boasts two major hit singles in the brilliantly evocative guitar-driven ‘Affair Of The Heart’ and the instantly catchy ‘Human Touch’ which excellently mixed state-of-the-art sound of the era with warm vocals.'Affair Of The Heart' with its brilliant string arrangement is one of my all time favorite poppy AOR songs from the '80s. 'Motel Eyes' is marked with solid-edged beat, while title track 'Living In Oz' is an excellent rocker starting from heavy guitar riff and another favourite of mine.'Souls' rocks strongly, while 'I Can't Stop Hurting You' is another fabulous track: Rick (or the song's protagonist, take your pick) cops to mistreating the woman he loves, and laments the fact that he can't seem to stop doing so.'Like Father, Like Son' ends the album on a somber note, but one that should have listeners thinking about the tradition of families to mindlessly carry on stifling, even cruel traditions in the name of religion. This song is a tribute for his lost father."Living In Oz" is probably one of the best rock&pop / melodic rock albums from the US first half of the '80s scene, and one of the best in Rick Springfield's career. It is a truly exceptional and quite brilliant work.
This Rock Candy remaster sounds great, crisp.

Line Up:

Rick Springfield: vocals, guitar, bass, backing vocals
Tim Pierce: guitars
Mike Seifrit, Dennis Belfield: bass
Mike Baird: drums
Alan Pasqua, John Shenale, Mitchell Froom: keyboards
Jack White: electronic drums
Richard Elliot: sax solo on "Human Touch"
Michael Fisher: percussion
Richard Page, Tom Kelly: backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. Human Touch
02. Alyson
03. Affair Of The Heart
04. Living In Oz
05. Me & Johnny
06. Motel Eyes
07. Tiger By The Tail
08. Souls
09. I Can't Stop Hurting You
10. Like Father, Like Son

+ Video "Affair of the Heart" (Official Video)
+ Video "Human Touch" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2008 / NEWS 2008"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných