Peter Cetera - Solitude Solitaire (1986) (Japan Forever Young Series 2010)

hudební novinky 2010 / music news 2010
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Apr 2023, 11:43

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1986 (Japan Forever Young Series 2010)
Style : Hard Rock , Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos
Size : 126 mb

Bio:

Peter Paul Cetera (/səˈtɛrə/ sə-TERR-ə; born September 13, 1944) is an American singer, songwriter, and bassist best known for being an original member of the rock band Chicago (1967–1985),before launching a successful solo career.His career as a recording artist encompasses seventeen albums with Chicago[4] and eight solo albums.With "If You Leave Me Now", a song written and sung by Cetera on the group's tenth album, Chicago garnered its first Grammy Award.It was also the group's first number one single.As a solo artist, Cetera has scored six Top 40 singles, including two that reached number one on Billboard's Hot 100 chart in 1986, "Glory of Love" and "The Next Time I Fall"."Glory of Love", the theme song from the film The Karate Kid Part II (1986), was co-written by Cetera, David Foster, and Diane Nini, and was nominated for both an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award for best original song from a motion picture.In 1987, Cetera received an ASCAP award for "Glory of Love" in the category, "Most Performed Songs from Motion Pictures".His performance on "Glory of Love" was nominated for a Grammy Award for best pop male vocal.That same year Cetera and Amy Grant, who duetted on "The Next Time I Fall", were nominated for a Grammy Award for best vocal performance by a pop duo or group.Besides David Foster and Amy Grant, Cetera has collaborated throughout his career with other nationally known and internationally known recording artists from various genres of music including: The Beach Boys, Billy Joel, Karen Carpenter, Paul Anka, Agnetha Fältskog, Richard Sterban, Bonnie Raitt, Madonna, David Gilmour, Az Yet, Cher, Chaka Khan, Crystal Bernard, Ronna Reeves, and Alison Krauss. His songs have been featured in soundtracks for movies and television.In 2014, Chicago's first album, Chicago Transit Authority (Columbia, 1969), featuring Cetera on bass and vocals, was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame.[16] Cetera was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Chicago in April 2016,and he, Robert Lamm, and James Pankow are among the 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame inductees for their songwriting efforts as members of the group.

Album:

Solitude/Solitaire is the second solo album by former Chicago bassist and vocalist Peter Cetera, and his first album after leaving the band in 1985. It was released in June 1986. The album includes the hits "Glory of Love" and "The Next Time I Fall" (with Amy Grant); both reached the No. 1 position on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.Solitude/Solitaire was produced by Michael Omartian,who later co-produced Cetera's 2001 album, Another Perfect World.Cetera co-wrote eight of the nine songs on the album, "The Next Time I Fall" being the exception.Because Cetera had been a prominent songwriter for Chicago, many of the songs on Solitude/Solitaire were rumored to originally have been slated for Chicago 18, especially "Big Mistake" and "Daddy's Girl".The album was Cetera's greatest solo success, peaking at No. 23 on the Billboard 200 chart.It was certified platinum by the RIAA, selling over one million copies in the U.S.Solitude/Solitaire marked a high point in Cetera's career, where he achieved success for the first time on his own. It sold more copies than Chicago 18, Chicago's first album without Cetera, which peaked at No. 35.Japanese remastered version of PETER CETERA‘s “Solitude / Solitaire“, released as part of the Forever Young Series, now out of print. Perhaps the best solo album from the former CHICAGO bassist & vocalist, with a typically Eighties sound (1986) and featuring exquisite session musicians like guitar master Dann Huff and TOTO’s Jeff Porcaro.This is Peter Cetera first solo album after leaving CHICAGO in 1985, with most the songs co-written by him with guru producer Michael Omartian. Because Cetera had been a prominent songwriter for his former band, many of the songs on “Solitude / Solitaire” were rumored to originally have been slated for Chicago 18 album.In fact, “Solitude / Solitaire” marked a high point in the singer’s career, and sold more copies than Chicago 18, the first album without Cetera.Capitalizing a little cross-marketing for the movie The Karate Kid – Part II, Cetera’s gallant “Glory Of Love” (track 3 here) served as the film’s theme and became a major hit, as well as defined his post-Chicago sound - essentially without the horns, with one ultra-slick L.A. producer in Michael Omartian.Indeed, “Solitude / Solitaire” is a a slickly recorded and produced album with a pristine, crystal clear sound so mid-80s and highlighting Cetera’s excellent tenor vocals and gift for melody.This album is best known for the two #1 singles that define Cetera’s solo career for many people: the mentioned “Glory Of Love” , and “The Next Time I Fall,” his duet with singer Amy Grant. Had these songs been performed by almost any other mainstream singer I probably would have dismissed them, but because of his unmistakable vocals I unabashedly adore them both.But “Solitude / Solitaire” is much more than those singles, mostly ranging from upbeat rock&pop to lite AOR with Westcoast touches, all with the expected sheen of the era.Great rhythm guitars drive “Big Mistake”, a track that shows off a more aggressive vocal approach that fans of Cetera previous album would enjoy, and “They Don’t Make ‘Em Like They Used To” is a radio-friendly track which might have been a hit if fans and record label not been clamoring for more ballads.“Queen Of The Masquerade Ball,” “Daddy’s Girl”, title track and “Wake Up To Love” are all essentially synth-based songs with smooth grooves that are elevated by his voice and some catchy melodies.This Japanese remaster corrects the flat sound of the original CD release, and everything comes out in full.“Solitude / Solitaire” is pure ’80s, and while stubborn rock fans may hate it, Peter Cetera’s solo material is worth checking out, especially if you ever loved his voice during his Chicago years.Production is top notch, as well performances of all involved.Track 2 is titled ‘They Don’t Make ‘Em Like They Used To’… Indeed.

Line Up:

Peter Cetera - lead vocals, bass - see also: ex-CHICAGO
Amy Grant - vocals on "The Next Time I Fall"
Michael Omartian - keyboards
Dann Huff - guitar
Ray Parker Jr. - guitar
Paul Leim - drums
Chester Thompson - drums
Jeff Porcaro - percussion
Kenny Cetera - background vocals, percussion
Erich Bulling - programming

Production:

Art Direction, Design – Jeri McManus
Computer [QXI computer], Synthesizer [Yamaha synthesizer], Drum Programming [Drum programs] – Erich Bulling
Engineer [2nd engineer] – Britt Bacon, Khaliq Glover, Laura Livingston, Ray Pyle
Engineer, Mixed By – John Guess, Terry Christian
Management – DeMann Entertainment, Inc.*, Fred DeMann*
Mastered By [Originally mastered by] – Steve Hall
Percussion [Additional percussion] – Kenny Cetera
Performer [All songs performed by] – Peter Cetera
Photography By – Herb Ritts
Producer – Michael Omartian
Programmed By [Fairlight programs] – Will Alexander
Programmed By [P.P.G. programs] – Steve Azbill

Tracklist:

01. Big Mistake
02. They Don't Make 'Em Like They Used To
03. Glory Of Love (Theme From The Karate Kid Part II)
04. Queen Of The Masquerade Ball
05. Daddy's Girl
06. The Next Time I Fall (w. Amy Grant)
07. Wake Up To Love
08. Solitude/Solitaire
09. Only Love Knows Why

+ Video "Glory of Love" (Official Video)
+ Video "The Next Time I Fall" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2010 / NEWS 2010"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 2 neregistrovaní