Giant - Promise Land (Digipak Edition) (2010)

hudební novinky 2010 / music news 2010
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Okt 2022, 09:07

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2010
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos
Size : 280 mb

Bio:

Giant is an American melodic rock band that was formed in 1987. The band originally consisted of founding members Dann Huff (lead vocals and guitar) and Alan Pasqua (keyboard), and had Dann's brother David Huff on drums and Mike Brignardello on bass. The Huff brothers were part of the founding members of the Christian rock band White Heart.The band scored one hit, the 1990 power ballad "I'll See You in My Dreams",written by Alan Pasqua and Mark Spiro.Giant disbanded in the early 1990s after recording two albums, but resurfaced in 2000 minus Alan Pasqua and released the album III in late 2001.In December 2009, Frontiers Records announced that they would release Giant's fourth studio album Promise Land in 2010. The band included Terry Brock (Strangeways, Seventh Key) on lead vocals and John Roth (Winger) on guitars. Dann Huff was not a part of the band due to his busy schedule, but he co-wrote seven songs and guested on guitar on two. The album was released on February 26, 2010 for Europe and March 9, 2010 for the US.Giant is expected to release their first studio album in 12 years, entitled Shifting Time, on January 21, 2022.

Album:

GIANT? With a new album? Hell yeah! Ooops…wait a minute…no Dann Huff on the list? Hmmm…OK, permanent lineups do not last forever but this is a critical action for this American Rock outfit. David Huff and Mike Brignardello remain in this revamped GIANT lineup and "Promise Land" is a new studio release after many many years the band was put on ice. 2001’s "III" record was released with GIANT being - I think - inactive and long gone are the days of the unsaid success of both "Last Of The Runaways" (1989) and "Time To Burn" (1992).As said in the official Press release, "it became apparent that Dann Huff could not be a full part of this concept \[…] original members drummer David Huff and bassist Mike Brignardello \[…] started an endless research for the right musicians that could be part of a renewed GIANT lineup". These replacements are definitely good news for everyone deep in the melodic/hard Rock scene. John Roth (WINGER) and Terry Brock (STRANGEWAYS, SEVENTH KEY, SLAMER) are not names that can go unnoticed, but the crucial questions remains: are they capable of filling in for Dann’s absence at least (I had no hope Alan Pasqua would be featured in this 2010 rebirth)? Phew…this album needs a lot of attention to do some elementary justice.Nearly one hour of unheard GIANT material is featured in "Promise Land" and I must confess I had some sparkling demons torturing my verdict while listening to this CD again and again. The production is everything a GIANT fan would expect: clear, classic and powerful, it upgrades the music anyway. Terry’s voice is convincing and there should be no strong doubt ’bout it anyway since his deeds with both STRANGEWAYS and SEVENTH KEY are solid credentials to his value. The music, now, is OK…yeap, OK. There’s melody allover, there are some great leads shining in front of a conscious rhythm section and the overall result is surely good. Fast rockers, mid-pace groovers, calm AOR-like melodies…the band’s style is not altered in regards to the classics delivered years ago (the video for "Promise Land" shown below is a good proof) but I have the impression GIANT has chosen some more in-your-face plain paths to build their melodies upon. I do not know if this due to Dann Huff’s absence or it was intentional anyway while writing stuff for the new album. And that’s just a remark and nothing you should be afraid but surely keep in mind, of course.Dann himself is performing some leads in two songs and shares songwriting credits for some cuts and I wonder what the whole album would sound like with his voice/technique. The sweetness of "Promise Land", the firmness of "Two Worlds", the attitude of "Plenty Of Love" and the simplicity of "Through My Eyes" will possibly put a spell on you and - to sum it up - this new GIANT effort is worth your interest. Still, if you feel you’re betrayed not seeing Dann Huff in the lineup I do not know how much strength the tunes themselves should carry in order to bring you comfort. There’s some nice safe music here but nothing intriguing, to put it straight.

Line Up:

Terry Brock - Vocals
John Roth - Guitars
Mike Brignardello - Bass
David L. Huff - Drums

+ Guests:

Dann Huff - Lead Guitars ("Believer (Redux)" & "Save Me")
Tim Lauer, Jack Holder - Keyboards

Tracklist:

01. Believer
02. Promise Land
03. Never Surrender
04. Our Love
05. Prisoner Of Love
06. Two Worlds Collide
07. Plenty Of Love
08. Through My Eyes
09. I’ll Wait For You
10. Dying To See You
11. Double Trouble
12. Complicated Man
13. Save Me

+ Video "Promise Land" (Official Video)
+ Video "The Making Of Giant"

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2010 / NEWS 2010"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 2 neregistrovaní