Steel Breeze - Heart On The Line (1996) (AOR Heaven Classix Edition 2010)

hudební novinky 2010 / music news 2010
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 01 Feb 2022, 07:08

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1996 (AOR Heaven Classix Edition 2010)
Style : Melodic Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 119 mb

Bio:

Steel Breeze is an American rock band from Sacramento, California, who in 1982-1983 hit the American Top 40 Pop Singles charts with "You Don't Want Me Anymore" and "Dreamin' Is Easy," both from their album Steel Breeze, produced by Kim Fowley.Taking their name from a phrase in Pink Floyd's song, "Shine On You Crazy Diamond",the six-member band from Sacramento, California comprised—in its "classic" lineup—Ric Jacobs (vocals), Ken Goorabian and Waylin Carpenter (guitars), Rod Toner (keyboards), Vinnie Pantaleoni (bass guitar), and Barry Lowenthal (drums), released their self-titled debut album in 1982 on RCA Records. "You Don't Want Me Anymore", the first single from the album, quickly jumped into the Top 20 on the Billboard Hot 100 supported by a video that was a favorite of early MTV, and peaked at No. 16. The next single, "Dreamin' Is Easy", also made it into the Top 40 but went no higher than No. 30.The group originally had a different lineup a few years earlier and enjoyed some local success with "You Don't Want Me Anymore" with the work of manager John Wiseman before catching the attention of producer Kim Fowley and attorney David Chatfield, who recorded the band's first album at Rusk Studios in Hollywood and secured Steel Breeze their recording contract with RCA Records. On the March 12, 1983 edition of American Top 40, Casey Kasem described how Fowley discovered Steel Breeze while going through approximately 1200 demo tapes that were about to be discarded by a local Hollywood night club, Madam Wongs. Chatfield and Fowley flew up to Sacramento and signed the band after Chrysalis Record executive Tom Trumbo told Chatfield he was looking for a band like Journey. Chatfield left Trumbo's office and went to Fowley's home where Fowley pulled out the Steel Breeze demo of "You Don't Want Me Anymore," which they both knew was a hit.The band's lineup has shifted considerably since the release of the debut album, with keyboardist Rod Toner remaining in the band the longest of anyone from the classic lineup days. In 1984, Steel Breeze (now with ex-707 vocalist Kevin Chalfant and keyboardist Loren Haas as members) released their second album, Heart on the Line on an independent record label, but the record went unnoticed despite guest appearances by Bruce Springsteen's saxophonist, Clarence Clemons and Santana's vocalist, Alex Ligertwood. Five years later, a third Steel Breeze album, Cry Thunder came out with Bobby Thompson on vocals, Rick Lowe and Robbie Bickford on guitar, Toner on keyboards and Paul Ojeda on drums. In 1991, Still Warrior was released with yet another lineup, just as Chalfant had a small hit with a similar act, The Storm. In 1994, Peace Of Mind was issued.Richard "Ric" L. Jacobs (born December 30, 1956, Moline, Illinois) died on January 17, 2018, Oakwood Hills, Illinois, at age 61.

Album:

As part of the now sadly discontinued AOR Heaven Classix series, here’s the requested “Heart On The Line“, second album by STEEL BREEZE digitally remastered for the first time (now out of print).This Sacramento act released a nice radio friendly self-titled debut via RCA, but the label dropped STEEL BREEZE soon after. “Heart On The Line” is their second effort, definitely AOR in style (1983) published by themselves in limited quantities, but never officially released until 1996.With new vocalist Kevin Chalfant – if you ask me, one of greatest AOR vocalists of all time – who left the band 707 after recording the excellent Megaforce album, STEEL BREEZE opted for “Heart On The Line” a sound & style according to times; smooth AOR in the best American tradition akin PREVIEW, FRANKE & THE KNOCKOUTS, BALANCE, and even some LOVERBOY at places.There’s some classy melodic tunes here such as the stupendous “Try A Little Harder” (with some SHERIFF / Freddy Curci on it), “I’m Here”, the rocking “Temptation Eyes”, the title track, and “I Remember”.We find a lovely dose of Pomp as well on the terrific “Survivor” with some beautiful keyboards / synths runs in the vein of NEW ENGLAND.The band had 2 keyboardists here, so expect a lot of ivory all over the record.Chalfant would shine later in TWO FIRES, but especially with THE STORM (an AOR institution) but here showcases as well his unique vocal smoothness, elevating the quality all over “Heart On The Line”.Classy ’80s AOR really well remastered by AOR Heaven Classix.Steel Breeze is the self-titled debut album by the group Steel Breeze released by RCA Records in 1982. "You Don't Want Me Anymore," the first single from the album, entered the Top 20 on the US Billboard Hot 100.

Line Up:

Kevin Chalfant – vocals
Waylin Carpenter – guitar
Ken Goorabian – guitar
Rod Toner, Loren Hass – keyboards
Vinnie Pantaleoni – bass
Barry Lowenthal – drums

Tracklist:

01. Heart On The Line
02. Easy Way Out
03. Survivor
04. I Remember
05. Hard To Get
06. Temptation Eyes
07. Never Again
08. I’m Here
09. Communication
10. Try A Little Harder

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2010 / NEWS 2010"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní