Dirty Looks - Dirty Looks (1984) (FnA Records Edition 2010)

hudební novinky 2010 / music news 2010
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Mar 2021, 15:53

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1984 (FnA Records Edition 2010)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 132 mb

Bio:

Danish born vocalist/guitarist Henrik Ostergaard formed Dirty Looks in Erie, Pennsylvania before heading to the bright lights of San Francisco, California. While in California, and upon their return home, the group had a revolving door membership yet managed to release an EP and three independent (and hard to find) albums before Atlantic records came calling. The band then relocated to Rochester, NY and became local favorites at places like The Penny Arcade. For their major label debut Dirty Looks consisted of Paul Lidel (guitar), Jack Pyers (bass) and Gene Barnett (drums). The resulting album, Cool From The Wire, proved to be one the band's biggest successes and even found its way onto the Billboard charts.In 1990 Gene Barnett left to join Lillian Axe, and a new rhythm section of Brian Perry (bass) and Jim Harris (drums) were recruited for Five Easy Pieces. The group broke up following this release, with Ostergaard forming Rumbledog, Lidel hooking up with Dangerous Toys (and later Broken Teeth) and Perry resurfacing in Bubble. Ostergaard began recording under the Dirty Looks moniker again in 1994 releasing several albums without any information on who was playing on them. The classic "Cool from the Wire" line-up reformed in 2007 to record "Superdeluxe".While working on 2010's I.C.U. album, new Dirty Looks bassist Greg Pianka was stabbed to death in a bar fight but appears on the album posthumously.Henrik Ostergaard, lead singer and frontman for Dirty Looks, passed away Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 9:18 a.m. from natural causes.

Album:

Great CD reissue label FNA Records....reissue of an obscure gem by a band that deserves some attention and is still going strong, namely Dirty Looks. FNA recently reissued the debut, self-titled album by Dirty Looks.With these types of reissue campaigns it is important to recognize that these releases may have limited appeal to fans of the bands from the first time around. Accordingly, it is critical that the label present a quality package to attract potential new fans and to entice buyers and the older fans who may already own the original pressing. Fortunately FNA recognizes this the package is really nice. Good graphics, nice layout, lyrics, photos etc make for a quality package. The debut happens to be a digi-pak. I would have liked to see some liner notes, essay, or maybe some commentary by the band talking about the origins of the album but you can’t have it all.The Dirty Looks debut came out way back in 1984 as an indie release on the Sticky Label and was probably never issued on CD. Included as a nice, little bonus is the incredibly rare and obviously out of print debut 4-track EP, also called Dirty Looks. For 15 tracks clocking at just under an hour it is a good deal.Musically, the band entered the Hard Rock, melodic Metal sweep-stakes quite early and had a few independent releases before getting picked up by a major label and coming to broader attention. This is pretty raw and primitive Hard Rock but you can hear the beginnings of what was to become a very popular and long running band. The songs fall into the 3-5 minute range, fun drinking songs, with some groove, lots of sex and fun, easy lyrics. The vocals of mainstay Henrik Ostergaard have always, in my mind, been one of the major attractions of the band. His unique delivery and vocal phrasing add a dimension to the band that makes them instantly recognizable. Good times sleazy rock ’n’ roll!.It might be pretty hard to find original master tapes that are over a quarter-of-a-century (!) old and remix and re-master them into something better but the label did a good job. The drums sound big and boomy and everything is nice and clear. As a fan from the early days myself, it is a real treat to hear these songs on CD. My old cassettes were getting worn pretty thin! If you are familiar with the band's recent work and want to explore their roots, or perhaps you only heard the few, big-label albums in the late 80s, or just want to discover some great driving, classic melodic rock this is an excellent place to start.

Line-Up:

Henrik Ostergaard vocals, guitar
Jimmy Chartley bass
Paul Anthony Dulle drums

Tracklist:

01. You Can't Take Me
02. Crazy, Crazy
03. Get Back
04. She's a Rocker
05. Get Off
06. Wild Child
07. Told You So
08. Get Ready
09. On Your Back
10. I Love You
11. And I Do (Bonus Track)
12. Hold Tight (from the Dirty Looks EP) (Bonus Track)
13. She's On Top (from the Dirty Looks EP) (Bonus Track)
14. My Time (from the Dirty Looks EP) (Bonus Track)
15. Tell Me (from the Dirty Looks EP) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2010 / NEWS 2010"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných