The Storm - Sweet Surrender (1992) (Retrospect Records Reissue 2010)

hudební novinky 2010 / music news 2010
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 28 Dec 2020, 14:18

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1992 (Retrospect Records Reissue 2010)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 103 mb

Bio:

The Storm! We all know that the best Melodic Rock and AOR was recorded in the 80s and early 90s and this release is no exception. Quite simply , this is a pure AOR masterpiece. Fronted by the golden vocal pipes of Kristina Nichols and complemented very nicely by the talent of keyboardist / vocalist Karen Childs as well as seasoned session musicians Joe Palmeri , Tad Dery and David Logeman , The Storm is a Melodic Rock lovers dream. For the first time ever on cd comes some of the most sought after recordings on the planet...The Storm! We all know that the best Melodic Rock and AOR was recorded in the 80s and early 90s and this release is no exception. Quite simply , this is a pure AOR masterpiece. Fronted by the golden vocal pipes of Kristina Nichols and complemented very nicely by the talent of keyboardist / vocalist Karen Childs as well as seasoned session musicians Joe Palmeri , Tad Dery and David Logeman , The Storm is a Melodic Rock lovers dream. How this band escaped a major deal is bewildering. Every song is a bonafide hit and a few of these were even covered by other bands of the era. Massive hooks , killer vocals , tasty guitars and plenty of rich keyboard work. I'm sure you will agree this is fantastic material and easily one of the best female-fronted AOR releases ever!!

Album:

Great Female-Fronted AOR album indeed!!The best album Retrospect Records have released lately is ?Sweet Surrender? from female-fronted band The Storm (not to confuse with Jeanette Chase?s Storm or the Kevin Chalfant variant). Dedicated followers of this here medium will surely remember how we raved about the immense demo of this band around the beginning of the 90s. At the time we never understood why this band didn?t get a record deal and even today ? after listening to ?Sweet Surrender? for the umpteenth time ? I?m still flabbergasted by the unbelievable quality of the songs and the execution of the band members. The Storm was a five-piece band that consisted of three guys and two attractive girls, being Kristina Nichols on lead vocals (what a set of pipes she has!) and Karen Childs on keys and backing vocals. All tracks of that brilliant demo are present as well as some others and ? whether you believe it or not ? there isn?t a weak song in sight. All ten tracks are ultra catchy and sound quite well (for refined demos). I still have that original demo somewhere in my attic, but you can?t believe how happy I am to finally have a version on CD. If female-fronted AOR is your thing, then hurry and make sure you order a copy pronto, before the whole hype is over. If someone of the band is reading this ? please consider making a comeback ? thousands of people will welcome that!

Line Up:

Kristina Nichols lead vocals
Karen Childs keyboards, vocals
Joe Palmeri lead guitars, vocals
Tad Dery bass, vocals
David Logeman drums & percussion

Tracklist:

01. Leave Well Enough Alone
02. I'll Be Lovin You
03. Hold On
04. Keep This Love Alive
05. Sweet Surrender
06. Do You Wanna Know
07. Walk the Line
08. Broken
09. The Last Time
10. Someone to Love

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2010 / NEWS 2010"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 8 neregistrovaných