Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2010
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 163 mb

Bio:

Salute is the brainchild of Martin Kronlund (guitar, bass), Mikael Erlandsson (vocal,keyboard) and Imre Daun (drums)They have released 2 albums and you might say that they are the prequel to Lover Under Cover. If you like LUC you MUST check out SALUTE. There is always an element of excitement when a band breaks into the music scene, especially one with such a great line-up! Mikael Erlandsson is one of the best singer/songwriters in Sweden today with a successful career as a solo artist, especially in Europe and Japan.He has such a distinctive husky voice and many will recognise as the lead vocalist and keyboards player for “Last Autumns Dream”. Any fan of LAD will love Salute, simply because Mikael is the singer, “Toy Soldier” is a fantastic melodic rock recording in its own right. Many will already know that Martin Kronlund is a world class producer and guitar player and his work shows on this outstanding CD. Powerful harmonies, crunching guitars and beautiful keyboards are the order of the day. The presence of Imre Daun on drums is the icing on the cake, his pedigree traces back to Don Patrol and more recently Gypsy Rose. Salute are a band to watch out for, there is no doubt about that.

Album:

SALUTE had released their “Toy Soldier” debut a couple of years ago (or less?) which I didn’t have the chance to check out, hence it was a fresh relationship listening to their brand new “Heart Of The Machine” CD and write down some thoughts. The band hails from Sweden and one name friends of European Hard Rock shall probably recognize is songwriter/singer Mikael Erlandsson. This fine musician has already established a respected career in Scandinavia and Japan (these two go along most times!) and his deeds with melodic rockers LAST AUTMN’S DREAM and RADIOACTIVE surely cannot go unnoticed (HEARTBREAK RADIO’s self-titled 2005 release is a hidden gem, too).So, what’s up in SALUTE’s proposal? Well, we can possibly name this band as the ‘heavier’ act Mikael has participated in, since the songs here have enough volume and a pounding rhythm section giving a boost to the equally noisy guitars (don’t imagine anything extreme, of course). The production is heavy, too, makes you knocking your feet hard while listening to powerful melodic Hard Rock cuts like “A Falling Star”, “Heart Of The Machine” and “Train Of Rock ‘n’ Roll”. I did recall the amplitude of bands like e.g. PINK CREAM 69, post-80s MAD MAX or JADED HEART or STAGE DOLLS (or the most recent ELEVENER) but with a more up-to-date songwriting profile.45 minutes flow quite easily and the crossfire of rockin’ cuts with more emotional moments (“My Part In This Pain”, “Feed Your Hunger”) does not omit anything from the album’s general power. A sad fact is that you won’t - probably - find a song or two to call them your own, and this does possibly affect the CDs will to smash your brain. Nonetheless, it’s a decent release you won’t get bored of instantly. If we’d have to pick up the MVP of the lineup the Oscar would most likely go to Martin Kronlund, who has really laid down some impressive leads and licks that keep the balance between the AOR/melodic Rock and more in-your-face Hard Rock standards, also offering pieces of traditional Hard Rock music the European way.“Heart Of The Machine” is among the most representative releases of everything called Hard Rock in Northern Europe and has the essential elements of this genre: fine guitar work, a good mix of slower numbers and fast-paced semi-Metal moments and the same combination of clichés you’ve met in such bands the late years. I like this album for the fact that it has nothing to prove, but better music is also possible to be found elsewhere. Still, this album deserves a bit of credit for showing a good face.

Line-Up:

Mikael Erlandsson - Lead Vocals, Keyboards
Martin Kronlund - Guitars, Bass
Imre Daun - Drums and Percussion

Special Guests:

David Reece - Backing vocals
Henrik Thomsen - Bass (Overland, Jim Jidhed)

Tracklist:

01. Higher
02. A Falling Star
03. Feed Your Hunger
04. I Will Be There
05. Tearing Me Down
06. Heart of the Machine
07. The Long Haul
08. Shadows
09. Train of Rock N' Roll
10. My Part in This Pain
11. Your Servant Tonight

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2010 / NEWS 2010"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní