Midas Touch (SWE)

Thrash Metal, Speed Metal, Groove Metal.....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Midas Touch (SWE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 28 Apr 2022, 05:50

Midas Touch - Presage Of Disaster (1989) (2CD) (Deluxe Edition 2012)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Deluxe Edition 2012)
Style : Technical Speed , Thrash Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 241 mb

Bio:

If you thought Sweden's musical heritage could be measured by just one soulless stadium export, then think again. Since their inception, Midas Touch have been struggling for individuality within an often-anonymous Speed Metal scene. Inspired if never directly influenced by the heavenly Metallica, Slayer and a cast of many including industrial jazz and classical, this young Swedish quintet took three years to perfect their lyrical and musical masterplan. Careful in the selection of musicians, determined not to be lumped into the abyss of the mindless many, bassist Patrik Sporrong and his cousin Rickard were to prove that Speed did not have to sacrifice Soul. Formed in the summer of ´85, it wasn´t until 1988 that Midas Touch leapt to the attention of the European underground Radio and Press with "Ground Zero" - their first recorded works. Swayed by such roots groundswell, Noice International were quick to sign the band in the autumn of ´88 for a five year development deal.Midas Touch spent Christmas in Skytrak studio with producer Roy Rowland (Sabbat, Kreator). The results can be heard on the uncompromising debut album "Presage Of Disaster". Taking a cocerned lyrical stand against the arm´s race, drugs and apartheid, Midas Touch have succesfully married the intelligent to their brutal and complicated music. Think again. Presage Of Disaster was released in March 1989 on album, cassette and CD.

Album:

When I first enjoyed the instant blaze of MIDAS TOUCH on Noise International Records in 1989, I had not known of too many Thrash acts who hailed from the North, and I certainly was not a fan of the more successful rockin' acts like EUROPE, or aware of the more cult bands like 220 VOLT, BISCAYA or OVERDRIVE at this time.These shreddin' Swedish deliberate strangers at once impressed me with their MEKONG DELTA meets GRAVE DIGGER inclinations. In fact, given my ignorance back then, I thought that they hailed from Russia given the voice-overs found on “Accessory Before The Fact”. Once I heard “Aceldama – Terminal Breath” on the “Doomsday News II” Compilation, I instantly sought out the cassette, which I played numerous times.As a true believer in all Noise Records releases of that era, when I finally found the then lost paradigm CD for dirt cheap, I was so grateful, even if the band had signed their own sepulchral epitaph. Thankfully, now DiveBomb Records have released an excellent two CD re-issue of “Presage Of Disaster” which includes high quality re-mastered music and a ton of hard to find demos! I was so excited with what they did with the D.A.M. re-issues, and I sincerely hope the retro label attain the rights to even more killer Noise International Records rarities.Like “Deception Ignored” by DEATHROW, “Weird Visions” By ADX, “No More Color” by CORONER, “Cracked Brain” by DESTRUCTION, “Trapped” by RAGE, “Changing Times” by MANIA, “Terminal Earth” By SCANNER, “Choir Of Horrors” or “Rotten Perish” by MESSIAH, “Art In Motion” by SECRECY, or the self-titled by HELICON, or any other Noise Records releases of the late '80s and early '90s, this is fast, technical, well-executed Metal.The lyrics penned by drummer Bosse Lundström and bassist Patrik Sporrong (brother of guitarist Rikard) are well-written and just plain witty. Just check out the pertinent wording on the insightful “Sinking Censorship”, or the criminally under-rated “Accessory Before The Fact”. In keeping with all the Evangelical Religious scandals of the time, in the vein of “Leper Messiah”, “Corporate Preacher” by ANVIL, “Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind” by ANTHRAX, or “No Believers” by SACRED REICH, “True Believers Inc.” continues the masquerade with that backlash against Christian hypocrites like Jim and Tammy Fay Baker who riddled our TV screens with their inane moral corruption.The second disc demos almost have a bit of that raw, primitive Thrash approach to them. With each terminal breath, Partick Wiren enunciates with a grittier, gruff delivery similar to some cult Swedish, Swiss, and German legions who may have influenced him. He strives for some level of lucid expression, and his English is surprisingly sound.Just hearing those “Ground Zero” 1987 demos was a real treat for me, and several of the songs strike me with some sense of longing, as I had never experienced them previously. I am actually surprised how “Pow-Wow”, “(The Shape) Of Rage”, “Instant Blaze”, “Strikezone” or “M.A.D. (Armed For Justice)” were not included on the original release, or at least a pending second full-length effort.Apparently, they did at least record a 1990 demo, and the last three bonus tracks on Disc 1 are culled from this less aggressive, dicey, and even more technical exercise in mobility and experimentation. These three cuts are not as fast, and more drawn out, with less suggestive soloing. They also lack the lyrical expertise, and in some sense set a precedent for what Swedish Death acts like ENTOMBED, AT THE GATES, MESSHUGAH, etc. would go on to create. As the adage goes, so shall you sow, so shall you reap!”I do not have any source of discontent; however, I do prefer the album versions of “Forcibly Incarcerated” and “True Believers Inc.” to the original demos. Overall, if you have not heard this rare gem, you truly must join the cycle of rebirth. If you know this sublime album all too well, then reminisce because it is well worth reliving the precious re-mastered sound and celebrating all of those delicious demos.

Line-Up:

Patrik Wirén - Vocals (lead) (1987-1989) - See also: ex-Misery Loves Co., ex-Alpha Safari, ex-Washoe
Patrik Sporrong - Bass (1985-1989) - See also: F.K.Ü., The Hidden, ex-Lost Souls
Rickard Sporrong - Guitars (1988-1989) - See also: ex-Misery Loves Co.
Lasse Gustavsson - Guitars (1989)
Bosse Lundstrom - Drums (1985-1989)

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. The Arrival (1:11)
02. Forcibly Incarcerated (3:57)
03. Sinking Censorship (3:46)
04. When the Boot Comes Down (4:21)
05. True Believers Inc. (3:28)
06. Reminiscence (1:20)
07. Sepulchral Epitaph (4:04)
08. Lost Paradise (1:17)
09. Accessory Before the Fact (5:32)
10. Aceldama - Terminal Breath (3:55)
11. Subhumanity (A New Cycle) (2:47)
12. The Deliberate Stranger (5:53)
13. Source of Discontent (5:33)
14. So Shall You Reap (4:34)

CD2:

01. Involuntary Custody (4:00)
02. Pow Wow (3:44)
03. True Believers Inc. (3:36)
04. When the Boot Comes Down (4:21)
05. (The Shape) Of Rage (4:00)
06. Pow Wow (4:32)
07. (The Shape) Of Rage (3:33)
08. When the Boot Comes Down (5:56)
09. Subside Vision (0:33)
10. Strikezone (4:46)
11. M.A.D. (Armed for Justice) (4:59)
12. The Dice (3:42)
13. Masquerade (5:19)
14. Instant Blaze (2:59)
15. Tatsch Tooo Matsch (0:48)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "THRASH Metal, SPEED Metal, GROOVE Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 21 neregistrovaných