Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2011
Style : Glam Sleaze Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 136 mb

Bio:

Sister from Stockholm, Sweden has been working hard during the last years to earn the reputation of being one of the best live acts out there.Sister deliver raw, heavy and energetic punk/metal to the audience that are on their path on the numerous tours they have done in the UK, Germany, Italy, France, Spain and the rest of Europe.Alan "Nemtheanga" Averill from Primordial discovered Sister through their EP "Deadboys Making Noise" and signed them to Metal Blade Records 2010. Their first full-lenght album "HATED" was released in June 2011.HATED was recorded by Martin Sweet and mixed by Tobias Lindell (Hardcore Superstar, Crashdiet, Europe) and got critical acclaim from all over the world.Since then they have toured with bands like U.D.O., Hardcore Superstar, Wednesday 13, CrashDiet and Fozzy.They have played at festivals like Sonisphere Spain were they opened the big stage and Bang Your Head festival in Germany.From the album HATED Sister has released three music videos: "Bullshit & Backstabbing", "The Unlucky Minority" and "Spit on Me".In the autumn of 2013 Sister recorded the follow up to HATED together with Martin Sweet and Linus Nirbrant.The release date is set to January 21st, 2014 and the single "Sick" already out there. The single was released on a limited edition color vinyl in October 2013 together with a video shortly before their second tour with Wednesday 13 in Europe started."Sick" really shows were the band are all about with their heavy, raw sound and attitude.

Album:

During the last ten years a new wave in music, which brought back to life the whole Glam Metal subgenre, especially in Sweden, has taken its toll. The new wave of Glam Metal has been bringing fresh and heavier sound with sleazy singing and uncompromising attitude. There were many similarities to MOTLEY CRUE but I would say the newly beasts has been nastier and dirtier than how this subgenre was in the past.Some of the pioneers in the Sleaze Glam scene in Sweden, who started the new wave, were CRASHDIET, HARDCORE SUPERSTAR, VEINS OF JENNA and NASTY IDOLS among others, which kept the past engines warm from the 80's till the present. In 2006, SISTER, a new band that came out from nowhere and started to attack with their new Punk Rock / Sleaze Glam style while touring all over Sweden and abroad later on. SISTER released their debut EP "Deadboys Making Noise" in 2009, and straight after came the big buzz around them. Soon after they released a video clip for their song "Too Bad For You" and signed with Metal Blade Records. Through their giant new label they released their full-length debut, “Hated”.Jamie, SISTER's singer, got one of the most unique sleaze voice patterns voices I have ever heard. Imagine Stephen Pearcy’s voice mixed with Donnie Vie and Steve Summers on the Punk / Glam Metal tracks. The songs of SISTER are full of energy and power, the music is always flowing without a single stop, very driving with gang shouts that accompanied the singer.Even if I was able to call their music by name, it was still hard to describe SISTER’s genre. I could hear the MOTLEY CRUE influence side by side to Punk Rock bands, and even some modern Thrash Metal bursts. I have to admit that they brought something new, something mean, evil with kicking attitude in each song. On the other hand I can't ignore the simple and dull guitar riff. I could actually hear three, maybe four, chords played with any signs of development throughout the material.Of course that there is no need to be cleverly special but at least that something would make an interest. AC/DC made a whole career from that same simplicity but every simple chord felt huge and the harmony between them that made the songs to be strong, just as it is on the opening riff of "Back In Black". Another example lies on the lead section. Although I didn't ask for a Jake E. Lee solos but those same licks that could take the songs to a different emotional place were absent. Unfortunately, the only thing that I could give the band a true positive credit is their gang shouts.If I had to consider this album as a classic Glam Metal album I would say that it is far from what has been going on in the 80s when SKID ROW, WHITE LION and RATT were scorching stages. But if I would refer the album as a Punk Rock album, SISTER made a good work in overall. The songs were simple as Punk songs should be with a heavier and dirtier sound both in music and lyrics. The production which was made by Martin Sweet and Calle Fäldt gave it the right sound which makes it so tough. SISTER got a lot of potential and I definitely hope they will come forward with it in their next album.

Line Up:

Jamie - Vocals
Lestat - Guitar & Backing Vocals
Rikki - Bass & Backing Vocals
Cari - Drums & Backing Vocals

Production:

Recorded At – Studio 4 Staffanstorp
Recorded At – sweet studios
Recorded At – Decibel Studios
Mixed At – Studio Bohus
Mastered At – Bohus Mastering
Cover [Art] – Kim Oktavia
Mastered By – Dragan Tanaskovic
Mixed By – Tobias Lindell
Music By – Daniel Engström (tracks: 2, 9), Sister (6) (tracks: 1, 3 to 8, 10, 11)
Music By, Lyrics By – Cari* (tracks: 2, 7, 9), Lestat* (tracks: 1, 3 to 6, 8, 10, 11)
Photography, Layout – Axel Engström (2)
Producer – Calle Fäldt, Martin Sweet, Sister (6)

Tracklist:

01. Radioactive Misery
02. Body Blow (Pissed Off N' Beautiful)
03. Bullshit & Backstabbing (We All Were Born Lobotomized)
04. Hated (The Snakes You Thought Were Safe Spit In Your Face)
05. Motherfuckers (Like You) (Can't Destroy Me, Can't Hold Me Down)
06. Werewolves On Blackstreet (Peel The Skin From Your Broken Bones)
07. Spit On Me (You Ain't Got What It Takes To Stay In Hell)
08. The Unlucky Minority (That's Why I Tore Out My Eyes)
09. Would You Love A Creature (Hypnotized Alcoholized)
10. Too Bad For You (A Living Disease, Too Hard To Please)
11. Drag Me To The Grave (Bottoms Up At The Edge Of The Fall)

+ Video "Bullshit & Backstabbing" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2011 / NEWS 2011"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní