Virgin Steele - Noble Savage (1985) (2CD) (25 Anniversary Re-Release) (Digipak Edition 2011)

hudební novinky 2011 / music news 2011
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Virgin Steele - Noble Savage (1985) (2CD) (25 Anniversary Re-Release) (Digipak Edition 2011)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 13 Feb 2023, 14:26

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1985 (25 Anniversary Re-Release) (Digipak Edition 2011)
Style : Heavy Metal , Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 278 mb

Bio:

Virgin Steele is an American heavy metal band from New York, originally formed in 1981.The band released a few career highlights albums (Noble Savage, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell Part I, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell Part II and Invictus). In recent years, they have enriched their sound with elements of musical theatre, progressive and symphonic metal, developing and writing projects such as the Metal Opera "The House of Atreus" (based on Oresteia and the Greek myth related to the Atreides) in 1999/2000 and the soundtrack for an imaginary movie Visions of Eden (A Barbaric Romantic Movie of the Mind) aka "The Lilith Project" (based on the Sumerian legend of Lilith) in 2006.

Album:

SPV/Steamhammer is proud to re-release Virgin Steele´s “Noble Savage” as a 2CD digipak.25th Anniversary Re-Release incl. 19 bonus tracks,(12 previously unreleased), new booklet, rare photos and liner notes by David DeFeis.Tracks 6 to 13 on CD 2 are not on vinyl release; they're all remixes, demos and early versions.Noble Savage is the third studio album of the American heavy metal band Virgin Steele, released in 1985 by Cobra Records. The album was reissued in 1997 on CD by Noise Records with six bonus tracks. The remastered edition of 2008 by Dockyard 1 added two other extra tracks. In May 2011, the album was reissued once more by Steamhammer Records, a subsidiary of SPV with the same track list as the 1997 release, but with an added bonus CD containing 13 additional tracks.Before the recording of Noble Savage, original guitarist Jack Starr resigned from the band and was replaced by Edward Pursino, an old friend of DeFeis, whose guitar playing immediately fit very well with Virgin Steele's music and style. Pursino's contribution came also in the form of new musical ideas and compositions, and he is still a mainstay in Virgin Steele's line-up. The band's frontman David DeFeis considers this album one of the most important in the history of the band.Noble Savage was the first album where the band was completely satisfied with its music and sound. It is also the first album on which the current musical style of the band is fully manifested, containing grandiose compositions with multi-layered keyboard sound and more sophisticated arrangements. Noble Savage has become one of the most popular Virgin Steele albums and it includes the songs "We Rule the Night" and "Noble Savage", which the band still plays in concert.And because the third album in the band's history is so popular, Steamhammer/SPV - after it had already been re-released in 1996 (via T&T/Noise Records) and again in 2008 (via Dockyard 1, but with a different cover, which only shows a band photo from that era) - have now decided to bring out what is probably the ultimate re-release of this classic. And it's really something: Styled as a double CD in a fat, fold-out digipak, the buyer not only gets the ten songs of the original album, but also what feels like mountains of bonuses. The first CD contains six additional tracks that were already included as extras on previous re-releases and come from the same recording session. Three of them (the driving "Obsession (It Burns For You)", "Come On And Love Me" and "Where Are You Running To", which I liked the most) should have been on the album, but due to the limited playing time for a single LP at that time, they were unfortunately left out. The other three tracks ("Love And Death", "The Spirit Of Steele" and the short orchestral outro "The Pyre Of Kings") were pieces that were subsequently reworked and ended up on later albums or for other reasons did not end up on the original version of "Noble Savage".The second CD now contains the very special treat for fans, the so-called "Extra Noble Ingredients": Here friends of the quartet will find a true paradise, because on this silver disc there are twelve previously completely unreleased tracks. The two tracks "God Of Violence Kill" and "Viking" are two completely new songs, in which David wanted to revive the spirit of the "Noble Savage" days, according to the booklet. The opener "To The Devil A Daughter" and "Bitches From Hell" are also from the "Noble Savage" era, but were written for the band Original Sin and used on their "Sin Will Find You Out" album. To top it off, there are several pre-production versions (of "We Rule The Night", "I'm On Fire", "Fight Tooth And Nail" and "Rock Me") and finally two rough mixes of "We Rule The Night" and "Noble Savage". So all collectors of 'Virgin Steel' should get wet dreams here. And to make the package ultimate, there is also a 20-page colour booklet with detailed liner notes from the boss, rare band photos and all the lyrics.

Line Up:

David DeFeis - Vocals, Keyboards, Bass, Orchestration, Guitars (rhythm) (tracks 1-8, 10, 11), Guitars (lead) (tracks 2, 6, 7, 10, 11), Guitars (acoustic) (tracks 7, 10), Percussion (track 9), Gong (tracks 3, 6, 8)
Edward Pursino - Guitars (rhythm) , Bass (tracks 12, 15), Guitars
Joe O'Reilly - Bass
Joey Ayvazian - Drums

Production:

Al Falcon – engineer
Artie Ware, Jerry Comito – assistant engineers
Steve Young – remastering engineer
Hugh Syme – art direction and design
Dimo Safari – photos

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. We Rule the Night 05:40
02. I'm on Fire 03:56
03. Thy Kingdom Come 03:41
04. Image of a Faun at Twilight 01:16 instrumental
05. Noble Savage 07:30
06. Fight Tooth and Nail 03:32
07. The Evil in Her Eyes 04:44
08. Rock Me 03:38
09. Don't Close Your Eyes 05:07
10. The Angel of Light 07:00
11. Obsession (It Burns for You) 05:37
12. Love and Death 04:26
13. Where Are You Running To 04:16
14. The Spirit of Steele 02:50
15. Come on and Love Me 03:51
16. The Pyre of Kings 01:17

CD2:

01. To the Devil a Daughter 03:27
02. God of Violence Kill 04:35
03. Viking 04:38
04. Ase's Death 01:39
05. Bitches from Hell 03:13
06. Fight Tooth and Nail (Roman Sword Re-Mix) 03:34
07. Tales from the Hammer 00:44
08. We Rule the Night (Live Pre-Production Rehearsal) 05:11
09. I'm on Fire (Live Pre-Production Rehearsal) 03:25
10. Fight Tooth and Nail (Live Pre-Production Rehearsal) 03:18
11. Rock Me (Live Pre-Production Rehearsal) 03:24
12. We Rule the Night (Bigger Gongs & Bombs - Early Rough Mix) 05:24
13. Noble Savage (Flanging to Eternity - Early Rough Mix) 06:55

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2011 / NEWS 2011"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných