Iron Kingdom - Curse Of The Voodoo Queen (2011)

hudební novinky 2011 / music news 2011
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Nov 2022, 11:01

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2011
Style : Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 115 mb

Bio:

A Traditional Heavy Metal band from Surrey, B.C. Canada bringing back the classic sounds of 70s and 80s Metal. Inspired by groups such as Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Blind Guardian, The Scorpions,and Rush. This group was formed in 2011 by Chris Osterman, along with Amanda Osterman and Leighton Holmes. Chris brings star power and is an exhilarating guitarist with a wide vocal range that leaves audiences wanting more. Amanda (Chris' sister) has been classically trained, laying the refined beat that sets the dynamic foundation for the group. Bass guitarist Leighton Holmes brings poetically dark lyrics and classic finger style playing that adds to the tight rhythm section. In the fall of 2011 Kenny Kroecher joined the group adding the excitement of duel lead guitars and intricate guitar rhythms that compliment Chris' guitar style. Their debut album 'Curse Of The Voodoo Queen' was released December 14, 2011. Shortly after the release IK was featured on National TV for Canada's Got Talent. Iron Kingdom quickly went back into the studio to record their 2nd full length album titled 'Gates of Eternity' which was released on April 26th 2013. Since then Iron Kingdom has toured through Canada, Western USA and Europe (Including a performance at the Iconic KEEP IT TRUE XVII in Germany) and is now preparing to release not one but two new albums, 'Ride For Glory' their 3rd studio release as well as 'Unleashed At The Kraken (Live In Seattle)' a Live album only available on Vinyl, these two new releases will be available July 30th / 2015. IRON KINGDOM has electrifying stage presence, intricate musical melodies, and the ability to bring back the classic sounds of Traditional Heavy Metal."Do you sometimes wish 1988 was still around! Well 1988 visited me Friday night in the form of a 'new' band, IRON KINGDOM, just real young guys and a beautiful CHICK on drums... They are a TOTAL MUST SEE. You can thank me now. Their live performance made me smile the whole time." -Aimee Stanley

Album:

This album came out late, late in 2011 and although I had heard about this great new band from Surrey, BC I didn’t have the opportunity to check it out until now. Iron Kingdom is a young quartet of true Metal warriors that have put out their debut album CURSE OF THE VOODOO QUEEN.The album looks pretty well done for an independent act. The album cover is eye-catching and a classic ‘metal’ font logo is in place. The package is nice, with lyrics, photos and all that stuff. The album runs 48 minutes and as many albums, it starts with an instrumental intro and finishes with a 10+ epic called ‘Montezuma’. The production is commendable, it sounds good, everything in it’s place and they have captured a nice warm tone, not too sterile or digital.CURSE OF THE VOODOO QUEEN I s really straight ahead Metal without many flourishes. That is not a bad thing, it’s pretty pure to the traditional sound of Metal, which is the bands intended goal as stated on the inside tray of the CD case where it says ‘Hail A Long Forgotten Sound, with Crash Of Steel and Bass Drum Pound’. Although the band does not have an extremely original sound, my regular readers know that is not an issue for me. I’d rather have a well-executed version of the form than something weird just for the sake of being weird. Accordingly, I’m really enjoying this album with it’s fine mix of blazing guitars, pounding drums and soaring vocals. There are some acoustic flourishes, as heard on ‘The Heretic’ and some spoken word bits to add some distinction. Iron Kingdom have a really good early 80’s American Metal sound, bringing comparisons to any number of bands like Medieval Steel, Obsession, Jag Panzer, Virgin Steele, Warlord, Manilla Road and bands of that style.Chris Osterman handles the song-writing, singing and lead guitar. He has some nice solos and his voice sits in the higher range. The lyrics tell tales of True Metal especially a mid-tempo pounder called ‘Legions Of Metal’, a classic anthem if I have ever heard one. Amanda who handles the drums adds some backing vocals at times as well.Iron Kingdom are on of many young Canadian bands that have thankfully, in my mind anyway, avoided the trap of following the trend of the hipster scene, and are not a part of the glut of no name MeloDeath bands, and generic Death Metal bands. They have struck out on their own path doing a sound that is not contemporarily popular (in North America at least) and CURSE OF THE VOODOO QUEEN is a breath of fresh air. We need more albums like this and bands like Iron Kingdom to wave the flag of Metal.

Line Up:

Chris Osterman - Guitar (lead), Vocals (lead) (2011-present)
Leighton Holmes - Bass, Vocals (backing) (2011-present)
Jordan Wright - Guitar
Amanda Osterman - Drums

Tracklist:

01. The Ritual 01:21 instrumental
02. Voodoo Queen 04:23
03. Legions of Metal 06:05
04. Unleash the Kraken 02:29 instrumental
05. The Heretic 05:00
06. From the Ashes 06:27
07. Fired Up 03:11
08. The Nightrider 03:38
09. Lord of the Twilight 02:40
10. Montezuma 13:04

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2011 / NEWS 2011"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní