Romeo's Daughter - Delectable (1993) (Rock Candy Remastered 2011)

hudební novinky 2011 / music news 2011
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Mar 2022, 11:15

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1993 (Rock Candy Remastered 2011)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 112 mb

Bio:

Romeo's Daughter are a British AOR mainstream rock band featuring Leigh Matty, Craig Joiner and Anthony Mitman. The band released two albums in 1988 and 1993 respectively. The band then reformed in 2009 and have toured extensively, as well as releasing new material: a live EP of past hits and an album of new material Rapture in 2012.The manager of the band was Olga Lange, then the wife of Robert John "Mutt" Lange. Mutt Lange was impressed by their song-writing abilities and agreed to produce (part of) their debut album. Hence, Romeo's Daughter was often seen as protégés of Mutt Lange.The first album contained the singles "Don't Break My Heart", "I Cry Myself to Sleep at Night", covered by Bonnie Tyler and Chrissy Steele and "Heaven in the Back Seat", the latter from the A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child soundtrack. The album was produced by Mutt Lange and John Parr. "Wild Child" (written by Mutt Lange) was later covered by Heart on the Brigade album, and "Heaven in the Back Seat" was covered by Eddie Money on his 1991 album, Right Here.The second album, Delectable was a more mature affair, although it was released on the smaller Music for Nations label so got less exposure. Mitman went on to work with FM and other bands while the band quietly broke up in the mid 1990s.

Album:

“Delectable“, ROMEO’S DAUGHTER second album fortunately remastered by Rock Candy with pristine quality including a bonus track.Romeo’s Daughter were UK’s answer to the popular American Melodic Rock bands such as Heart, Journey and Foreigner, with a slick sound designed by the incredible studio wizard John ‘Mutt’ Lange.‘Mutt’ Lange handled Romeo’s Daughter debut album and was slated to produce “Delectable” as well. Fate, however, had something else in mind.The band was delayed due to Mutt’s schedule and, eventually, had to move on without him. They also lost their record label and were forced to go the independent route.Unfortunately, “Delectable” arrived too late, when the musical climate already changed, and the band was unable to break in America and ended up as one of the bands in the ‘should have made it’ file.Switching to the independent Music For Nations label, they took the bull by the horns and got back to work crafting a stunning follow up to their critically lauded debut.“Delectable” is a record stuffed to the gills with choice songs and exceptional vocal performances from Leigh Matty, proving that the band’s worth was just as valuable if not more so.Among the pearls on this record there’s the upbeat “Have Mercy” which sounds like it could easily be reworked into a Def Leppard classic. “Addicted To The Animal” should have been a huge hit as sports an irresistible melodic line.The band sounds pretty Americanized on “Nothing But Love”, specially on the catchy chorus, “God Only Knows” is a heartfelt track as is the beautiful mid-tempo AOR “Treat Me Like A Lady”.Bonus track “Talk Dirty To Me” (originally a single B-side only) is just as tantalizing as the title sounds.Of All the British melodic rock groups operating out of the UK during the late ’80s Romeo’s Daughter were, undoubtedly, viewed as the great white hope; they were the saviours of the scene, the band most likely to succeed.Released in 1993, that “Delectable” ultimately failed to secure a foot hold to enormo-dome success was not the fault of the band or record, but more a sign of the times. Yet despite everything it remains one of the most revered Melodic Rock albums of the period.Really good Rock Candy 24-bit remastering from original source tapes, plus 3,000 word essay about the making of the album, interview with the band and additional photos spread out over a 12 page full colour booklet.

Line-Up:

Leigh Matty – Lead Vocals
Craig Joiner – Guitars, Backing Vocals
Tony Mitman – Keyboards
Andy Wells – Drums, Backing Vocals

another personnel:

Merv Goldsworthy – Bass
Simon Duffy – Producer, Backing Vocals

Tracklist:

01. Have Mercy
02. Attracted To The Animal
03. Nobody Like You
04. Nothing But Love
05. God Only Knows
06. Ready Or Not
07. Treat Me Like A Lady
08. Sugar Daddy
09. Dream In Colour
10. Dancing Slow
11. Talk To Dirty To Me (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2011 / NEWS 2011"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných