The Arrows - Stand Back (1984) (Yesterrock Remastered Edition 2011)

hudební novinky 2011 / music news 2011
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 30 Jún 2021, 19:50

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1984 (Yesterrock Remastered Edition 2011)
Style : Hard Rock , Melodic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 165 mb

Bio:

After a short-stint as The Rejects, a name change to The Arrows and a musical shift to R & B helped the 6-piece act break into the easy listening 'Chicken Deli' dance club circuit in Toronto. They came to the attention of the fledgling El Mocambo Records and released an energetic cover version of "Treat Her Right" as a single. Their first independent EP, 'Misunderstood', was recorded at Grant Avenue studios with Daniel Lanois and released on Spontaneous Records as a means to expand into original material. With a severe downsizing of the group, vocalist/songwriter Dean McTaggart continued honing his craft along with behind-the-scenes songwriter David Tyson who produced the band's first full-length album 'Stand Back' for A & M Records in 1984 which featured the hit single "Meet Me In The Middle". Lightning struck twice with their successful follow-up LP in 1985 ('The Lines Are Open'), as the act expanded to a 6-piece once more with addition of Glenn Olive (bass) and Blood, Sweat & Tears' Bobby Economou (drums). The album was once again produced & co-written with David Tyson and featured the hit singles "Talk Talk" and "Heart Of The City". The band split up in the mid-80s with Dean McTaggart going on to a successful songwriting career for Amanda Marshall, Wynonna Judd and Terri Clark among others. He released a solo album called 'Drop The Needle In The Groove' in 2011; Glenn Olive would later join Paul Myers' Gravelberrys and Planet Earth around Toronto; Earl Seymour died September 28, 1999.

Album:

Some time ago YesterRock remastered the two celebrated albums by Canadian Melodic Rockers THE ARROWS, also officially appeared on CD for the first time. "Stand Back" was the first full length album by The Arrows released in 1984, that featured three hit Canadian singles.Having the chance to review albums like it's what truly makes my life worthwhile. Seriously, this band should have been huge with their brand of sweet AOR - to give you an idea, think early Honeymoon Suite / Mr. Mister.Originally coming out in 1984 "Stand Back" made gentle waves among the North American rock scene, with producer David Tyson nominated for a Juno Award for his production work on this album (You might recognise the Tyson name for being the co-writer of the Alannah Myles number one hit 'Black Velvet').That in itself should guarantee you take the time out and to have a listen to this album.This album is a lifeline to a time when rock and fluffy suits ruled the world together. And when an opener is as good as 'Meet Me In The Middle', man, I must admit, a tear came to my eye... they do not make music like this anymore. This song was their main hit back in 1984... Dean McTaggart's voice is sweet nectar to these ears.Next up is 'Say It Isn't True' which also goes to show how the music in the '80s ruled. Seriously, the hairs are currently standing up in salute to the awesomeness of this album.I don't care how cool you think you are, nothing gets past the neck hair challenge - if it doesn't move you enough to get those follicles up then forget about it!Each song on "Stand Back" is like your very own time capsule, only better as, with songs like 'Fallen Angel', 'Enough Is Never Enough' and 'I Owe You', Dean and chums prove how much they had and had to give.Alas it wasn't to be; after another album, 1985's 'Lines Are Open', the band split in 1986 leaving the world a duller place for their absence. Both of The Arrows albums are worthy of a place in everyone's AOR collection.The Arrows had it all; musicianship, class and superb songs. If you never heard about them better get this little gem right now.This re-release and remastering by YesterRock (now out of print) of this AOR cult classic is nothing short of divine.

Line Up:

Dean McTaggart - vocals, background vocals
Doug Macaskill - guitars
Rob Gusevs - keyboards
Peter Bleakney, Howard Aye - bass
Michael Sloski, Gary Craig - drums
Matt Zimbel - percussion
Earl Seymour - horns
Eddie Schwartz, Al Van Wart - background vocals
David Tyson - keyboards, background vocals

Tracklist:

01. Meet Me In The Middle
02. Say It Isn't True
03. Fallen Angel
04. Never Be Another One
05. Girl In 313
06. Stand Back
07. Enough Is Never Enough
08. I Owe You
09. Easy Street

+ Video "Easy Street" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2011 / NEWS 2011"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných