Arch Enemy - Rise Of The Tyrant (2007) (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2011)

hudební novinky 2011 / music news 2011
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 08 Mar 2021, 15:07

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2007 (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2011)
Style : Melodic Death Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 156 mb

Bio:

Formed by ex-Carnage, Carcass, and Candlemass guitarist Michael Amott (concurrently of Spiritual Beggars) with his brother Christopher (Armageddon), Arch Enemy took a straight-ahead approach to death metal reminiscent of Entombed or late-period Carcass, blending catchy, classic-style metal riffs with crushing grooves for an intense yet accessible sound. The group's charter lineup was rounded out by bassist/vocalist Johan Liiva (Carnage, Furbowl) and drummer Daniel Erlandsson (Eucharist, session work for In Flames); they released their debut album, Black Earth, in 1996. For their second album, 1998's Stigmata, Armageddon bassist Martin Bengtsson took over those duties from vocalist Liiva, while Armageddon drummer Peter Wildoer sat in for Erlandsson. More personnel turnover ensued, as Mercyful Fate reunion bassist Sharlee D'Angelo (also formerly of Witchery and Dismember) joined up for 1999's Burning Bridges, which also featured the return of Erlandsson. Wages of Sin from 2001 found Johan Liiva departing and replaced by Angela Gossow.After touring extensively across Europe and Japan, the band returned to the studio and released Anthems of Rebellion in 2003. The EP Dead Eyes See No Future was released by the end of the year and featured a mix of cover versions and live tracks. The album Doomsday Machine landed in July of 2005 right as guitarist Christopher Amott announced he was leaving the band. Former Tiamat member Fredrik Åkesson replaced him, though the two would switch places again two years later with Åkesson leaving the band to join Opeth, and Amott taking back his spot on guitar. The band then released its seventh album, Rise of the Tyrant, in 2007. The album would be Arch Enemy's most successful album to date, and they followed up the release by heading out on tours with Swedish metal giants Opeth and Dark Tranquillity. In 2009 the band looked back to its older material with The Root of All Evil. The album featured tracks from the band's first three albums that were re-recorded with current singer Angela Gossow. Arch Enemy reported they were entering the studio at the end of 2010, planning to release their ninth album in mid-2011.

Album:

Aggressive, melodic, original, awe-inspiring, dripping with hatred, and wonderfully executed. My past dislike of Angela has dissipated and there are no more ill feelings towards her taking over in the vocal department with Johan fired for reasons unknown to me. Nevertheless, I'd have to say that this album is way better than "Doomsday Machine" and very much thought out more lyrically and musically. A great production sound and just pure furious hatred spewed forth alongside Michael Amott's melodies accompanied by his brother's incredible leads with utmost technicality. There were no real parts on the album that didn't dissuade me from liking the release.Loved the ongoing heavy guitar riffs which (I think) are B or C-tuned and solid. Tremolo picked frenzies along with melodies that are just rampant and miraculously composed. The vocals went well with the music and everything seemed to fit here. Varying degrees of tempo changes, but not very drastic. Michael just flexing out that wah-pedal with precision. This album brings me back to the days of "Black Earth" and "Stigmata" minus Johan. It's taken me literally years to accept the fact that he's no longer with the band and it's okay now that I hear Angela over Johan. I suppose that they really chose her because her aggression was far more than his.There aren't any tracks that I dislike on this release, it's heavy pretty much all the way through. A great turn for the band and it's like reliving the "Wages of Sin" era, which I think isn't as good as this one even though my previous contention was that it was the only release I could tolerate with Angela doing the vox. But I suppose that fans didn't lose interest in the band and they continued to grow musically and getting a mixing/production gem-like in precision with no real flaws that I'd conclude with. A true damn heavy melodic death release and their best album in years.The whole album has a combination of 3-4 different guitar variants: thick/chunky rhythms, some clean bits (but not many), wah-pedal melodies along with the chunky guitar bits. They really take the music and fire off some unimaginable songs that just own you. The technicality is there too, especially Christopher's lead work. Michael writing pretty much the most of the music/lyrics and Angela belting out heavy throat that turns the AE melodic death into a more extreme metal, death like in nature. Way more all encompassing than Johan ever was. I've heard the talk about the "sex sells" the music referring to Angela, but my view is now to a point to where I see it working with her.If you have been following AE and have this, you'll probably conclude that like me this is their best release in years. With Christopher out of the band now and their latest "Khaos Legions" dismay, you'll find that this one is their last great effort. I'd conclude that the first 4 albums are monuments and this one belongs in the monuments section as well. If you lost interest in the band when Angela joined, give this one a try because you'll find all of the makings of a great album here triumphantly. A definite gem, emotion filled with Michael's amazing melodies mixed in with Angela's fury that keeps them in "heavy" mode accompanying the great guitar work here. Own it!

Line-Up:

Angela Gossow - Vocals
Sharlee D'Angelo - Bass
Michael Amott - Guitar (1995-present), Bass (1996), Keyboards (2007) - See also: Spiritual Beggars, ex-Carnage, Black Earth, ex-Candlemass, ex-Carcass, ex-Entombed (live), ex-Disaccord
Christopher Amott - Guitar
Daniel Erlandsson - Drums (1996, 1998-present) - See also: Eucharist, ex-The End, Black Earth, ex-Armageddon, ex-Brujeria, ex-Carcass, ex-In Flames, ex-Revengia, ex-Diabolique, ex-Liers in Wait

Tracklist:

01. Blood On Your Hands
02. The Last Enemy
03. I Will Live Again
04. In This Shallow Grave
05. Revolution Begins
06. Rise Of The Tyrant
07. The Day You Died
08. Intermezzo Liberte
09. Night Falls Fast
10. The Great Darkness
11. Vultures
12. The Oath (bonus' Kiss cover) (Japan Bonus Track)
13. The Book Of Heavy Metal (bonus' Dream Evil cover) (Japan Bonus Track)
14. Dark Insanity (bonus' Live) (Japan Bonus Track)
15. I Will Live Again (bonus' Live) (Japan Bonus Track)
16. We Will Rise (bonus' Live) (Japan Bonus Track)

+ Video "Revolution Begins" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2011 / NEWS 2011"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 7 neregistrovaných