Thunder And Lightning - Demonicorn (Digipak Edition) (2019)

hudební novinky 2019 / music news 2019
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 26 Apr 2022, 14:46

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019
Style : Heavy Metal , Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 148 mb

Bio:

Heavy indeed but with harmony, old-school but not self-limiting traditionals - here are THUNDER AND LIGHTNING from Berlin.Screaming vocals with, tons of riffs, delicate solos and pounding drums are the main reasons for THUNDER AND LIGHTNING being a live band, which nobody can take their eyes and ears of.The quintet exists since 2004, 2005 the debut "Gathering Storm" came out and in 2006 the LP "Written in Stone" followed, Vocalist Norman Dittmar joined THUNDER AND LIGHTNING 2007 and with his unbelievable voice range he was a real enrichment to the band.In 2008, with the new drummer Steve Mittag (Ex-Orth) a line-up was formed, which made it possible to transfer the songs to a new level - now the band is able to present their version of Power / Thrash to the Metal scene, and place it in the glorious line of their archetypes. The new lineup released the album "Purity" in october 2008, which was highly regarded by the press and stated the band high potential and outstanding songwriting.In 2010 another big step came with the “Dimension”, and with it the signing of the first record deal, with Hammersound Records. The album got again great reviews and shows all over europe, like Rock In Schroth Festival, upportshows for THE SWORD and PRO PAIN and clubshows in Austria and Poland THUNDER AND LIGHTNING opened for the heavy metal legend GRAVE DIGGER in late 2011. Bandleader Marc Wüstenhagen, who has worked together with metalacts like WAR FROM A HARLOTS MOUTH and POSTMORTEM in the past, just finished the mix of the new album “In Charge Of The Scythe” which is schedule for a release in august 2013. The album's overarching theme involves the story about a young woman named Mary, who's kills the grim reaper and takes over his duties as the angel of death. Be aware...the band was never so full of energy and packed with surprising ideas - and the rumbling engine is just getting warm...

Album:

Thunder And Lightning has proven to be quite a considerable force in the world of metal, with both of their prior albums being quite successful, boosting the band's prominence in portion of the world, which is a very pleasing thing to hear for someone with such fondness for this band as myself. Though the previous album, The Ages Will Turn, was generally considered a good, strong release, it was agreed that 2013's album, In Charge of the Scythe was a staggeringly good album that showed the kind of power this band possessed. So, six years later and with small lineup changes, there's certainly ab intrigued desire from myself when I started listening to this album; as much as I love Scythe, as I shall simply refer to it as, I think it's perhaps foolish to make comparisons to it and everything else from Thunder And Lightning, as I did in my review of The Ages Will Turn. With that in mind, the album Demonicorn: Now, if you, like me, had seen the cover art for this album and the music video for the track Demonicorn itself, and remembered the fact that a member of Alestorm was featured in the previous album, then you might have had concerns that Thunder And Lightning was about to take a turn into the lands of silly/joke metal bands. Well, lay those concerns to rest; Demonicorn is an absolute kick-ass album and is very distinct from the rest of the band's discography. It pulls a bit of surprise right off the bat with the opening track, All Your Lies, being an actual song rather than an into track, done before only by Scythe, in addition to the song being six minutes long - longer than most TnL songs get. It's a song of good length and quality, allowing the new guitarist, Fabrizio Agabiti, to show his stuff, which is good and blends seamlessly into the music, meaning that without being specifically told, I don't think anyone would even notice the difference in guitars. To some that might be bad, as it means this musician isn't leaving much of his own mark on the band, but for me it's good because he shows his ability to adapt to different bands and match it.As well as this longer opener giving us a taste of a new guitarist, it also gives us the undeniable best part of the album: Norman Dittmar. Truth be told, he hasn't really been my favorite singer, but I enjoy his very recognizable and strong voice, as most power metal singers I hear either sound like Marc Hudson or Jens Carlsson. But I have to say, after only the first few songs, I absolutely loved Dittmar's vocals here; I can think of now better word to describe him on Demonicorn than fierce; when it rains it pours, and indeed when he shouts, he fucking roars, and it's great. Honestly, he sounds great from start to finish, be it while raising his voice to the sky or whilst simply coldly speaking his lines. He's never sounded bad in the past, but he's never sounded this good either.Now, as for the album itself rather than the people on it, the title track is a perfectly enjoyable, if slightly uninspired song, being the second shortest on the album and seemingly just used to promote the album. But, as implied, it's not a bad listen and I have no impulse to skip it when listening to the album. The funny thing is that all four of the songs the follow it are incredibly good; Demmin has a slower, darker build up than the openers with a very memorable chorus. The Temple of Death is probably the hardest hitting track to be found here and it's an absolute blast. This probably would've been a better song to advertise the album with, despite being the second longest song on the album. God For a Day, my personal favorite track from the album, is the closest to a ballad the album has, with almost two minutes of slow music with softly sung lyrics, which leads into my next note:While The Ages Will Turn offered quite a variety of speeds and approaches throughout, Demonicorn is pretty much all thrashing power metal all the time. This may divide some people as this can be seen as both a pro and a con; the album never stops and barely slows, you're not given many chances to breathe from start to finish, and will come down to personal taste weather or not this works for the album. Some people like sheer relentlessness, and it's less common in power metal compared to some other genres, so it's more special here, but if you want to just take a break and unwind a little, you won't really find a chance here. Personally, since the the heaviness is done so well, I think it's perfectly fine to hit this hard. The coupling of fewer, longer songs with the intensity that Demonicorn has really shakes up Thunder And Lightning's formula in good, effective ways.That remark I made about the album being relentless isn't entirely true if you, like I, helped fund the album and got the extended, backer's version, which features two bonus tracks, a cover of I Heard it Through the Grapevine, and, most significantly, a piano version of All your Lies. Though, being so close to the end of the album, perhaps it shouldn't be counted. Either way, it's a good rendition of the song and may invoke memories of their acoustic version of Horizon seen in 2014's Slice of Life. The first impressions from this album based on the cover art and the title track's music video left me with concerns about the path my favorite band might take, and now here I am, blasting the album every other day. Demonicorn will blast your doubts even more than it does your speakers and shows only Thunder And Lightning in the best of light. Thunder And Lightning, I'm sorry I ever doubted you. See you all in 2022, yeah? If the release pattern keeps up, that is.

Line-Up:

Norman Dittmar - Vocals (lead)
Robert Rath - Bass
Marc Wüstenhagen - Guitars, Vocals
Fabrizio Agabiti - Guitars (lead) (2017-present) - See also: Airlines of Terror, ex-Noumeno
Steve Mittag - Drums - See also: ex-Orth, ex-Agutate

Tracklist:

01. All Your Lies
02. Demonicorn
03. Demmin
04. The Temple of Death
05. God for a Day
06. Heaven's Gate
07. Salt to the Wounds
08. Telltale Signs

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2019 / NEWS 2019"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 7 neregistrovaných