Karo - Heavy Birthday II & III (2CD) (2019)

hudební novinky 2019 / music news 2019
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 16 Jún 2021, 09:19

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 252 mb

Bio:

Hard rock band from Berlin, Germany active from 1985 to 1988.Great melodic Hard rock band from Berlin. Sadly, this 1988 album was the bands one and only release and it has since earned the status of a “cult classic”. Commercial Hard Rock was their thing and they had this special flair, which turned good songs into pretty great catchy tunes. The keyboard had an important part alike at many Hard’n Heavy bands, although it wasn’t too bombastic and too much used alike at many Wannabe Metal bands.The singer Lutz Salzwedel alias Dan Lucas may sound familiar to some because he recorded three albums later under the name Dan Lucas that was more melodic rock/AOR. If you’re into German 80s AOR with fluffy keyboards and hookladen songs with catchy bombastic refrains and brilliant melodies -you should get their hands on this one.

Album:

Berlin based Hard Rock outfit KARO put out their only album “Heavy Birthday” in 1988. Praised by critics and fans alike for their melodic but somehow rough style was met by great songwriting and musical talent. It has been an open secret that KARO recorded over 30 songs between 1987 and 1989, of which only 10 ended up on their debut. KARO played support for MEAT LOAF but was dropped by their label in 1989. The idea to put out “Heavy Birthday II & III” as a double decker CD was born. With Holstein and Bosien having passed away already, this is the ultimate legacy of KARO.Producer Tony Platt worked with the band back in the day, having already gained experience with AC/DC. The sound can be best described in the context of the many Glam and Hard Rock bands of the 1980’s. With a siren for a vocalist, and sensible riffing with noticeable keys, it fits in with the times, with a big chorus full of backing vocals. Part RATT, part WHITESNAKE, and part HURRICAINE, the melodies are easy to grasp, and it’s the kind of music that is easy listening but with an edge or a bite as well.With 25 tracks to listen to, let’s get to some of the highlights on this double decker sandwich. “Breakout” has a lot of energy, fueled by shrieking vocals, and guitars and keys trading off, and with a nasty riff, it is full of melody but with a gritty snarl. “All the Way” leads off with melodic keyboards and a positive sound that makes you feel good. I am starting to wonder why this band didn’t have more success. Keys weren’t uncommon during the late 1980’s, but they feature them more fully. “Blind Love” shows a more tender side of the band, with a slower cadence and more emotional vocals. The vocals are especially expressive here, digging deep with emotional peaks in his smooth but raspy vocal style.“Turn the Trick” has a rough edge to it; a mid-tempo song with a big chorus, full of backing vocals and prominent keys. Keyboards are the key to their sound; they really know how to use them to shoot the melodies high. Take “Deceiver” as an example of this, opening with a steady keyboard presence followed by a guitar solo, and then a rough and heavy riff. Keys come back into play heavily here…with my approval. “Burning Alive” has a charging sound, again led by keys, and a strong vocal performance. He has just enough of a rasp to give the music that edge that they were talking about earlier.“Still Hate” opens with a pensive sound. It’s an unconventional sound in that the guitars or bass don’t have much of presence…it’s mostly keys and vocals. “Joyride” shows the more energetic side of the band, with a burning energy but not giving up the melodies. Salzwedel really hits some high notes with ease here. “Walking on Ice” is a mid-tempo number with plenty of balls. The chorus is big and full and I am reminded of SCORPIONS here. “Slow Dancing” features the guitar more prominently, but still with a lot of melody. There are several lead breaks here which add more layers to the music. “Saying Goodbye” wraps up the album, with a dual meaning. It has tough, sleazy sound, mostly from that dirty guitar riff.Overall, there was much to enjoy here on this double decker album. I am still scratching my head as to how this band didn’t enjoy the success of many others during these times. The only thing that I can come up with is their nationality. In the states during these times, we were oversaturated with bands in this style and couldn’t fit many more into our pocket. We as Americans tend to be too ethnocentric as well. Germany did produce ACCEPT and SCORPIONS, but KARO is more on the melodic side of the path. Unfortunately, we will probably never no why, but I highly recommend you pick this up and enjoy the ride.

Line Up:

Lutz Salzwedel alias Dan Lucas - Vocals (Ex-KARUSSELL, PASSION)
Erich Holstein - Guitars (R.I.P.)
Karo Straub - Keyboards
Dieter Seeburg - Bass
Ronald Bosien - Drums (R.I.P.)

Produced: Peter Hauke
Engineered and Mixed: Andy Lunn
Recorded at Hotline Studio, Frankfurt
Mastered: Christian Stegmaier at Teldec Mastering Studios

Tracklist:

CD1: (Heavy Birthday II)

01. FBTL
02. Breakout
03. Take Me Higher
04. All The Way
05. Don’t You Turn Me Back
06. Blind Love
07. Turn The Trick
08. Deceiver
09. Dancing On My Finger
10. Burning Alive
11. The Only Game
12. Still Hate
13. All The Fun (Bonus Track)

CD2: (Heavy Birthday III)

01. Coz I’m Hot
02. Joyride
03. Lost In The Crowd
04. Walking On Ice
05. Hit And Run
06. White Monkey
07. Slow Dancing
08. Metal Hero
09. Bad Things Come Back
10. Watch Out
11. Up And Down
12. Saying Goodbye

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2019 / NEWS 2019"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných