SkeleToon - They Never Say Die (Digipak Edition) (2019)

hudební novinky 2019 / music news 2019
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Feb 2021, 11:14

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019
Style : Melodic Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 174 mb

Bio:

"SKELETOON" were born in 2007, as a Helloween (Kiske era) Tribute Band, by the Singer "TOMI FOOLER", under the Previous Name "JACK o' LANTERN". After a long period playing live over Italian Stages & Shows, with different changes in Original Line-Up, TOMI decided to record his own Music, sharing studio with many musicians he knew during Live Shows with the Band. "THE CURSE OF THE AVENGER" was Born in 2015, with a Sound Half way between German Power Metal an a Classic Heavy, maintaining the original Mood of Making Fun of everything, as much as possible. "HAPPY METAL MUSIC" can be a right definition of their Sound.THE CURSE OF THE AVENGER, is written as it was a real, nowadays "NERD" Secret Diry, telling all the struggling battles a Geek has to Challenge in everyday Life, not forgetting to quote some typical "clue" like 80's Videogames (Title Track is dedicated to the Lucas Art Masterpiece "THE CURSE OF MONKEY ISLAND"), Superheroes Movies or Tv Series like "THE DOCTOR WHO".Their first Album saw participations of Great Musicians like ROLAND GRAPOW from MASTERPLAN, DIMITRI MELONI from INSIGHT and CHARLIE DHO, from THE FALLEN ANGEL, while Mixing and Mastering have been developed by Mr. DENNIS WARD (UNISONIC, PINK CREAM 69).

Album:

SKELETOON, now that’s a goofy name. But in Power Metal goofiness and eccentricity is not something that people will raise eyebrows about. Especially in its European incarnation the genre relishes in being over the top and ridiculously awesome/awesomely ridiculous. Italy is a country with a quite strong standing in Power Metal history. Sure, Euro-Power Metal started with HELLOWEEN and STRATOVARIUS, and Germany and Sweden are powerhouses that dwarf everyone around them, but Italy gave the world one of the most iconic Power Metal bands, RHAPSODY OF FIRE, and has quite a few bands that reached international success (LABŸRINTH, ATHEMIS or WHITE SKULL). It seems to me that the Italians have a knack for this melodic – and melodramatic – stuff, the sound of Italian bands is distinctive, it has an extra flare, so to speak.SKELETOON write albums about – you’ve guessed it – about skeletons, their third album “They Never Say Die” has cute “Pirates of the Caribbean” meets Tim Burton sort of pirate theme. The music is firmly rooted in the Euro-Power Metal sound of bands like STRATOVARIUS, EDGUY or SONATA ARCTICA, but also has a bit of a Hard Rock edge to it in the vein of AVANTASIA. The band is quite open about their inspiration by AVANTASIA actually, the album even has a cover of “Farewell” on it. Many of the songs have catchy, high-octane choruses that are on the sugary side of the Power Metal spectrum – the choruses of the opener “Hell-O” or the third song with the absolutely metal name “The Truffle Shuffle Army: Bizardly Bizarre”, for example, are made of the same cheesy ingredients used in FREEDOM CALL’s kitchen.As I’ve mentioned already, some songs have a bit a Hard Rock vibe to them not dissimilar to AVANTASIA. “Last Chance” is one of those songs, as is “The Chain Master” that gives me a strong “The Metal Opera” vibe. The album obviously must have one 80s Hard Rock ballad on it, and SKELETOON know how to pull it off: “To Leave a Land” is a nice song, it is sentimental as hell obviously, but calls forth more emotion than embarrassment, as these songs often do. Some other songs to mention is the title track. There is a very over the top goofy synth melody, that interestingly contrasts with a very cool sounding Hard Rock (ish) verse. The chorus has the typical Euro-Power driving rhythm and catchiness – it’s sheer bombast. One little surprise on the album is the eight minutes long “When Legends Turn Real”. It has some compositional shifts, with some parts reminding me a bit of SYMPHONY X or later SONATA ARCTICA, so it’s basically a Power/Prog song. Oh, and there is a CYNDI LAUPER cover too.I’ve honestly enjoyed this album a lot, and not just because I’m getting burned out on Technical Dissonant Blackened Death-Grind etc. All the songs on the album are catchy and well written, the music is over the top, but it is done with such an attitude that it is entertaining rather than annoying. The only reservation I have is about the AVANTASIA cover – I don’t see that they add anything new to the original song and the album is a bit overlong, so its exclusion might be a good idea, but that’s my only reproval. “They Never Say Die” is a quality Euro-Power release by a super talented band. I’m sure these Italian buccaneers will go places and that plunder and glory awaits them beyond the horizon.

Line-Up:

Henry "SYDOZ" Sidoti – Drums
Andrea Cappellari – Guitars
Davide "Lord Dave" Piletto – Guitars
Tomi Fooler – Vocals
Jack Stiaccini – Bass

Tracklist:

01. Intro/Hell-O
02. Hoist Our Colors (feat. Ivan Castelli as “Capt. Jack Sparrow”)
03. The Truffle Shuffle Army: Bizardly Bizarre (feat. Alessandro Conti as “Chunk”)
04. To Leave A Land
05. They Never Say Die
06. Last Chance (feat. Michele Luppi as “Jake Fratelli”)
07. I Have The Key (feat. Morby as “Chester Copperpot”)
08. The Chain Master (feat. David Arredondo Gomez as “Sloth”)
09. When Legends Turn Real (feat. Mark Basile as “One Eyed Willy”)
10. Farewell (Avantasia Cover feat. Melissa Bonny)
11. Goonies R Good Enough (Cindy Lauper cover feat. Giacomo Voli)

+ Video "They Never Say Die" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2019 / NEWS 2019"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 11 neregistrovaných