Suzi Quatro - In The Spotlight (2CD) (Deluxe Digipak Edition) (2012)

hudební novinky 2012 / music news 2012
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Feb 2023, 09:58

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2012
Style : Hard Rock , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 219 mb

Bio:

Susan Kay Quatro (born June 3, 1950) is an American rock singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and actress. She was the first female bass player to become a major rock star, breaking a barrier to women's participation in rock music.In the 1970s, Quatro scored a string of hit singles that found greater success in Europe and Australia than in her homeland. She reached no. 1 in the UK and other European countries and Australia with her singles "Can the Can" (1973) and "Devil Gate Drive" (1974). Following a recurring role as bass player Leather Tuscadero on the popular American sitcom Happy Days, her duet "Stumblin' In" with Smokie's lead singer Chris Norman reached No. 4 in the US.Quatro released her eponymous debut album in 1973. Since then, she has released fifteen studio albums, ten compilation albums, and one live album. Her solo hits include "Can the Can", "48 Crash", "Daytona Demon", "Devil Gate Drive" and "Your Mamma Won't Like Me".Between 1973 and 1980, Quatro was awarded six Bravo Ottos. In 2010, she was voted into the Michigan Rock and Roll Legends online Hall of Fame. Quatro has sold over 50 million albums[4] and continues to perform live, worldwide. Her most recent studio album was released in 2017 and she also continues to present new radio programmes.

Album:

In the Spotlight is the fifteenth studio album by the American singer-songwriter and bass guitar player Suzi Quatro.Mike Chapman, her original producer and composer of most of her hits, approached Quatro with plans to take her back to her roots. They made this album which is a modern take on Quatro's original attitude and shows the influence she has had on modern female artists. "Strict Machine", a song originally performed by Goldfrapp, even contains a two line teaser from Quatro's number one hit "Can the Can", to show the similarities of the two tracks.Her best new record in years plays to all her strengths. In America, we remember Suzi Quatro as the cool rock chick Leather Tuscadero on the sitcom “Happy Days,” and for a Top Ten duet in 1979 with Chris Norman, “Stumblin’ In.” But, overseas, she’s worshipped as a goddess. She was recently crowned one of the “Twelve Queens of British Pop” by the BBC, she hosts a weekly radio show over there, and has sold a staggering 50 million records worldwide. The disparity in her popularity from here to over the big pond is difficult to understand.Quatro’s initial fame grew out of the “glam” movement of the early Seventies, which also featured the Sweet and Gary Glitter, but since that music style never really caught on here, neither did Quatro, even though she released a string of great albums.Her 15th record, In the Spotlight, reunites her with long-time collaborator Mike Chapman (who also had success with Blondie and the Knack). Chapman wrote and produced many of her biggest hits overseas, so he knows her strengths and how to get the best out of her. He assembled an eclectic mix of covers and songs he wrote himself for the record. “A Girl Like Me,” written by Chapman, embodies everything she’s about – she’s still tough to tangle with after all these years: “A man like you / A girl like me / We don’t watch the meter / We can park for free.” “Whatever Love Is,” co-written with tune-magician Holly Knight, has one of those big choruses you want to sing along to.The other cover songs are equally diverse, digging into the Yeah Yeah Yeah’s back catalog for “Turn Into,” while “Hot Kiss” is an obscure song from actress Juliette Lewis’ band the Licks, and “Strict Angels” is a cover of the electronic duo Goldfrap, where she inserts a snippet of her very first hit “Can the Can” at the very end. The lone composition that Quatro penned herself is a heartfelt one – “Singing With Angels” is a lyrical tribute to her longtime inspiration, Elvis Presley. She cleverly weaves in several of Presley’s song titles, but it never comes off as cheesy. As an added bonus, the song features Presley’s longtime vocal group the Jordanaires on backup vocals, and his guitarist James Burton.The real highlight is Quatro’s take on a Rihanna album cut (yes!), “Breakin’ Dishes” – meaty drums and a dirty Rhodes piano start off the track, then a rabid-sounding Quatro screams “I don’t’ know who you think I am” over and over. If I was coming home late, like the man in this song, I’d rather deal with the younger Rihanna – this lady sounds downright NUTS.Kudos to Chapman for NOT trying to update Quatro’s sound – most tracks give the impression that they just set up a couple of mics in a room and let the guitar, bass, drums and organ go at it. Quatro’s raspy but confident vocals sound perfect in this setting. It’s the sympathetic production and go-for-broke delivery that makes In the Spotlight the best Suzi Quatro album in a long time.

Line-Up:

Suzi Quatro - Vocals, Bass
Nat Allison - Guitars, Backing Vocals
Jez Davies - Keyboards
Owen Martin - Drums

Mike Chapman - Backing Vocals
Ray Beavis - Saxophone (7)
Toby Gucklhorn - Trombone (7)
Dick Hanson - Trumpet (7)

"Singing with Angels"

James Burton – guitar
Steve Grant – production
The Jordanaires – backing vocals

Tracklist:

CD1: In The Spotlight

01. A Girl Like Me - 4:31
02. Whatever Love Is - 4:44
03. Spotlight - 3:22
04. Strict Machine - 3:11
05. Breaking Dishes - 4:02
06. Rosie Rose - 4:05
07. Hurt With You - 4:19
08. Hot Kiss - 2:47
09. Turn Into - 3:49
10. Hard Headed Women - 2:02
11. Singing With Angels - 3:55 (Bonus Track)

CD2: In The Dark

01. Empty Rooms - 3:36
02. Make Love To Me - 4:07
03. Why Do Rainbows Die - 3:54
04. Truck Stop - 3:32
05. If Ever There Was A Reson - 4:20
06. Touch The Child In Me - 3:17
07. Tree Time Loser - 3:10
08. One Dance Too Long - 3:26

+ Video "Strict Machine" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2012 / NEWS 2012"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných