Winter In Eden - Echoes Of Betrayal (2012)

hudební novinky 2012 / music news 2012
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 30 Mar 2022, 08:59

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2012
Style : Symphonic Metal , Female Vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 119 mb

Bio:

Band formed in 2007 hailing from the North East of England.Their music builds from delightful symphonic instrumentals to crunching aggressive rock. It is identifiable by its compelling vocals, muscular riffs, memorable hooks, swirling keyboards together with pounding bass and thunderous drums.Winter in Eden have released three full length albums, two EP’s and have entertained fans with numerous tours and festival appearances. The debut album 'Awakening' was recognised as one of the albums of the year. The track 'Lies', from 'Echoes of Betrayal' was awarded Classic Rock Magazine’s 'track of the day' and they have been nominated for ‘Best New Band’ (2012/2013), ‘Best Live Act’ (2013/2014) and ‘Best Female Singer’ (2012/2013/2014) at the annual Classic Rock Society Awards.Towards the end of 2014, Winter In Eden released their third studio album ‘Court of Conscience’. The album was recorded in Holland, produced by Ruud Jolie (Within Temptation) and mixed by Stefan Helleblad (Within Temptation), featuring guest vocals by Jermain van der Bogt (For All We Know/Ayreon) and an unmistakable narrative by multi-award-winning Damian Wilson. Guitar Techniques Magazine made it their ‘Album of the Month’ and Powerplay Magazine awarded it a full score of ten. The track ‘Before It Began’ has been playlisted on BBC Radio both regionally and nationally and was featured by ‘Whispering’ Bob Harris (OBE) on his BBC Radio 2 show.Now after a hiatus and with new guitarist Benji Lynch, Winter In Eden are due to release their fourth highly anticipated full length studio album “Social Fake” on 25th March 2022.Winter In Eden’s energetic live performances have been enjoyed throughout the UK and Europe alongside many artists including Stream Of Passion (NL), The Pineapple Thief (UK) and Coma (PL) and at festivals including performances at Cambridge Rock Festival, The Dames of Darkness Festival and FEMme (NL).

Album:

New Eden, Empires of Eden, Eden’s Curse, Winter In Eden, will it ever end? Winter In Eden is the latest in a long line of bands to feature Eden in their name, as well as the latest in a long line of symphonic/gothic, female fronted metal acts. I’ll be up front with you here in saying I didn’t expect too much from this act; I was however, a little surprised.Firstly, I have to say that the album cover is pretty cool. It totally looks like where Gandalf laid the smack-down on the Balrog in the Lord of the Rings movies – win! The album is largely quite charming, with some neat keyboard work that dances around the tracks in graceful fashion. The songs in particular have been well crafted, with some rather catchy choruses featured throughout. The guitars lack bite, although when dealing with this style I tend not to expect anything more than cursory rhythm lines. There are some particularly tasty solos though, especially in “The Awakening Chapter III – Regret”. The rhythm section is tight, although understated, which again is along the lines of expectation.Vocalist Vicky Johnson has a good voice, and certainly carries the songs along quite well. She’s cut from the same cloth as the likes of Floor Jansen and Simone Simons, although maybe not as strong as said vocalists. The main strength on Echoes of Betrayal, and what surprised me a little was just how strong and catchy the material was across the board. Whilst this isn’t a type of music I hold much love for, I’ve enjoyed this album well enough, and as such I’m sure fans of this style should find themselves enamoured with Winter In Eden.Overall a solid sophomore effort, fans of female fronted symphonic/ gothic metal and of course bands such as Within Temptation or Epica would do well to check Echoes of Betrayal out, anyone who can’t stomach this style would do well to steer clear though.

Line Up:

Vicky Johnson - Vocals (2007-present)
Ian Heddle - Bass (2007-present)
Sam Cull - Guitars (2007-present)
Steve Johnson - Keyboards (2007-present)
Wayne McAloon - Drums

Tracklist:

01. For the Few 04:51
02. Possession 04:46
03. The Awakening Chapter III - Regret 05:12
04. The Awakening Chapter IV - Torment 04:34
05. The Awakening Chapter V - Descension 03:55
06. Trapped 04:42
07. Lies 03:22
08. Suffer in Silence 04:48
09. What We Leave Behind 03:12
10. Eyes of a Child 04:37
11. Stone Cold 05:07
12. The Secret Room 05:23

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2012 / NEWS 2012"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 9 neregistrovaných