Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2012
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 184 mb

Bio:

Romeo's Daughter are a British AOR mainstream rock band featuring Leigh Matty, Craig Joiner and Anthony Mitman. The band released two albums in 1988 and 1993 respectively. The band then reformed in 2009 and have toured extensively, as well as releasing new material: a live EP of past hits and an album of new material Rapture in 2012.The manager of the band was Olga Lange, then the wife of Robert John "Mutt" Lange. Mutt Lange was impressed by their song-writing abilities and agreed to produce (part of) their debut album. Hence, Romeo's Daughter was often seen as protégés of Mutt Lange.The first album contained the singles "Don't Break My Heart", "I Cry Myself to Sleep at Night", covered by Bonnie Tyler and Chrissy Steele and "Heaven in the Back Seat", the latter from the A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child soundtrack. The album was produced by Mutt Lange and John Parr. "Wild Child" (written by Mutt Lange) was later covered by Heart on the Brigade album, and "Heaven in the Back Seat" was covered by Eddie Money on his 1991 album, Right Here.The second album, Delectable was a more mature affair, although it was released on the smaller Music for Nations label so got less exposure. Mitman went on to work with FM and other bands while the band quietly broke up in the mid 1990s.

Album:

ROMEO’S DAUGHTER were back in business after almost 20 years with this 3rd album “Rapture”. The sophomore album ‘Delectable’ was as strong as the self-titled debut, but it just never worked out. This was ‘93 and grunge had taken a hold of the music industry. They were highly thought of by their peers, with songs of theirs covered by Heart, Eddie Money and many more.So fast forward almost 20 years and it turns out Romeo’s Daughter never broke up. They made a successful return at Firefest in 2010 and decided to give it another shot. And am I thankful that they did!The great UK Melodic Rock / AOR band retains the original line-up; fronted by female vocalist Leigh Matty and expertly backed by guitarist Craig Joiner, Tony Mitman on keyboards, Ed Poole on bass and drummer Andy Wells.Songwriter-in-chief Craig Joiner has delivered a set of songs planted firmly in the classic Romeo’s Daughter mould. “Rapture” sounds and feels as the immediate successor to ‘Delectable’.Opening track “Tripping Out” contains all the Romeo’s Daughter hallmarks – catchy chorus, great riffs, and the excitable vocals of Leigh Matty.Follower “Bittersweet” is another track that just rolls out of the Joiner song factory and is the kind of song I’d hear all day long on the radio. Really commercial and accessible.“Cannot Be The One” is firmly set at mid paced, a sweet melody perfectly driven by Matty soaring vocals. It’s a classy early nineties AOR tune full of magic.“Keep Walking” falls into the rock-socks bracket that made this band famous and is one of the best songs on ‘Rapture’ by a country mile.“Lightning” is a track that would be welcomed on radio airwaves all day long. A cleverly composed ballad to appeal old school fans and new listeners.“Alive” is a song I’d imagine Robin Beck singing all those years ago, and it’s a pure AOR sing a long/foot tappin’ track for driving or jogging. My favorite song on the album.“Fly Away” makes for one solid first half of an album. It’s lightweight, but in a good way, and it doesn’t have to shout from the rooftops to be a good song.“Talking Love” is another highlight. This band really knows how pen a glorious melody, and it’s clearly represented here, a superb midtempo Melodic Rock track to die for.“He’s Mine” is again as catchy as a baseball glove covered in molasses, while on the last track “Will Be” Romeo’s Daughter goes acoustic with taste and emotion.Romeo’s Daughter – and guitarist / songwriter Craig Joiner in particular – have something to be proud of here. “Rapture” stands on par with any of the previous albums.Craig’s songwriting is in pure form, and together with Leigh Matty’s (still) sumptuous vocals they have come up with an album that shows they’ve returned with a class and hopefully a (headlining) tour will follow.Released by themselves, “Rapture” is full of marvelous melodies and sounds a million bucks, perfectly recorded and produced.Great comeback album, now out of print.

Line-Up:

Leigh Matty – Lead & Backing Vocals
Craig Joiner – Guitars, Backing Vocals
Tony Mitman – Keyboards
Ed Poole – Bass
Andy Wells – Drums

Tracklist:

01. Trippin’ Out
02. Bittersweet
03. Cannot Be The One
04. Keep Walking
05. Lightning
06. Alive
07. Fly Away
08. Make My Dreams Come True
09. Precious Thing
10. Talking Love
11. He’s Mine
12. Will Be

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2012 / NEWS 2012"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 14 neregistrovaných