Arcana - As Bright As A Thousand Suns (2012)

hudební novinky 2012 / music news 2012
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Feb 2022, 13:50

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2012
Style : Neoclassical Darkwave
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 143 mb

Bio:

Arcana is Swedish neoclassical dark wave band created in 1994 by Peter Bjärgö.The original band consisted of founder Peter Bjärgö (then Peter Pettersson) and vocalist Ida Bengtsson.Since 2002, Arcana has changed line-up and now consists of Peter Bjärgö, Stefan Eriksson, Ann-Mari Thim, Ia Bjärgö and Mattias Borgh.Often largely instrumental, the band describes its music as inspired by medieval music or the middle age's more romantic aspects. Their album Le Serpent Rouge had a more oriental feeling to it, with instruments like hammered dulcimer, finger cymbals, duduk and other oriental/Arabic instruments. Since 2006, Arcana is signed to Kalinkaland Records in Germany.Peter also has a martial industrial side-project called Sophia and has also recorded one collaborative album with Gustaf Hildebrand.

Album:

I’ve been a big fan of Arcana since I first heard them around 1996 or so. Their early releases were on Cold Meat Industry, and along with the likes of In Slaughter Natives and Raison d’être, they were one of the bands that made me fall in love with the label and the whole scene. Indeed, they were probably my first exposure to neo-classical darkwave music, and listening to their first album, The Dark Age of Reason, was massively exciting to me as a teenager. So they’ve been a big influence on me and on my music, and I’ll always look forward to new releases from them. As Bright as a Thousand Suns isn’t new, exactly. It was released back in 2011 (on the same day, in fact, as my album Empire and Dust), but it’s only now that I’ve got round to writing a review.As Bright as a Thousand Suns is the seventh album from Arcana. They moved away from Cold Meat Industry some time ago, and after several releases on Peter Bjärgö’s own label, Erebus Odora, this album was released on Cyclic Law.The album begins slowly with the piano instrumental, Somnolence. It’s gentle and beautiful; good as an intro but doesn’t go anywhere.Then it’s into the first song, As The End Draws Near. This song, like the rest of the album, has the trademark middle-eastern percussion that they’ve been evolving since Le Serpent Rouge. While the song is beautiful, it lacks the dynamism of some of their earlier material, and as the album progresses this becomes a repeated criticism.The whole album is infused with an air of languid beauty. The fifth track, Leave Me Be is really the perfection of that style. It sounds like a summer night in a sultan’s palace — too hot to sleep or even move.The following track, Infinity picks up the pace a little with a dark, tense opening, but I find myself wishing that it would take advantage of that tension by doing something dramatic, but that never happens and I’m left with the feeling of an anticlimax.At the end of the album, with the songs The Fading Shadow and As Bright as a Thousand Suns, the some of the middle-eastern style goes away, replaced with a more European feel. These two tracks pick up the dynamism of the album a little, but sadly not enough, in my opinion.The album ends with another slow piano instrumental, Vinter, closing on the same melancholy note with which it opened.The musicianship on the whole album is of a very high standard — probably the best that Arcana have achieved so far. Their early work was clearly sequenced on a computer, but they’ve now brought in many more real instruments and that pays off massively in the organic quality of the sound. And the production is smooth and polished throughout.While this is undoubtedly a work of great skill and beauty, it does want for a little more dynamism. I find myself yearning for a song with the dramatic intensity of Source of Light or Outside Your World, or the cinematic grandeur of My Cold Sea. Sadly this album, while in many ways a brilliant accomplishment, will probably never be one of my favourites.

Line-Up:

Ann-Mari Thim - Vocals, Vocals (choirs), Lyrics (track 4)
Peter Bjärgö - All instruments, Vocals, Vocals (choirs), Songwriting, Lyrics (tracks 2, 8, 9)
Cecilia Bjärgö - Vocals, Vocals (choirs), Lyrics (tracks 5, 7)
Mattias Borgh - Percussion, Vocals (choirs)
Sergio Gamez Martinez - Additional instruments
Núria Luis - Violin

Tracklist:

01. Somnolence 01:53
02. As the End Draws Near 04:16
03. Inceptus 06:31
04. Medea 04:10
05. Leave Me Be 04:23
06. Infinity 05:33
07. In Memoriam 06:09
08. The Fading Shadow 04:01
09. As Bright as a Thousand Suns 05:00
10. Vinter 03:01

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2012 / NEWS 2012"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 7 neregistrovaných