Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2012
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 85 mb

Bio:

Babyjane – W.A’s premier hard rock outfit – have enjoyed a serious word-of-mouth buzz since their formation in the early months of 2008. Comprising of four musicians from the Perth rock scene – Andy Smith (vocals and rhythm guitar), John Gerasolo (lead guitar), Paul Judge (bass) and Nik Kats (drums) – they are currently gearing up for the early 2011 release of their scorching debut album “Are You Listening”. Mixed by legendary producer Michael Wagener (Alice Cooper, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, etc), mastered by Independent Mastering in Nashville Tennessee - and overseen by the band in the U.S. – it consists of live favourites ‘Dirty Li’l Secret’, ‘Quicksand’, ‘Are You Listening’ and ‘Miss. Scorpio’ among others. They’ll be following its release with a succession of showcase gigs in Australia’s major cities. After a rousing support gig with Skid Row’s Sebastian Bach (who recommended the band to Michael Wagener in ‘09) at Perth’s Burswood Theatre in ‘08, support of original Iron Maiden vocalist Paul Dianno and excellent reviews in Perth’s street press Babyjane (with a sound reminiscent of AC/DC and Led Zeppelin) have nowhere to go… but up. Watch this space.

Album:

“Make It Sick” by Babyjane is an exceptional follow-up to their impressive debut release “Are You Listening” from 2011. On this second album, the band stretches and shifts easily and successfully from punked-up hard rock, to 1980’s styled hair-rock sleaze and glam, to blues-flavored classic rock. There are shades of LA Guns, The Ramones, Skid Row, and even some AC/DC in the mix, but while Babyjane is a band that is clearly well-versed in the past, it’s also a band that is very capable of making their own kind of noise.Like most really good albums, this one grows on you a bit more every time you listen to it. Some of the tracks win you over instantly, like the terrific, hard and fast sleaze-rocker “Make It Sick”, with Motley Crue’s John Corabi on vocals; the gloriously catchy, punk-rock-sneering “New York Queen, London Whore”; and the rowdy, high-speed hit “Fakin’ It” – a very tasty slice of sleazy goodness.Other tracks tug at your sleeve the first time around, and then get under your skin bit by bit until you can’t get them out of your head. For me, one such tune on this album is “Underground Detention” which is maybe the album’s most original track, and one of my absolute favorites. It has a rough, almost grungy vibe, with the driving beat of Paul Judge’s heavy bass lurking just beneath the edgy guitars making you want to get up and move to it.babyjaneband.Another standout is the defiant, almost furious, revenge-love-song “She’s just a Liar” with a seductive, heavy rhythm, and Andy Smith giving the vocals exactly the right edge. The emotional “Bad Woman” is another fabulous tune that just hooked me from the first listen: it’s a track that fuses a classic rock ballad-sound with a meaty blues vibe, giving it some seriously awesome weight.There really isn’t a bad track on “Make It Sick”. “Nu-Sonic Plague” is as catchy as the bubonic variety (but a lot more enjoyable), while “Ruby Roulette” has a sexy sleazy punk-vibe, and “Bittersweet” is a contender for my favorite track with the brilliant guitar-work by lead guitarist John Gerasolo and Andy Smith putting a lusty swing into the rocking beat. The album closes out with “Somebody Up There Hates Me” a raw energy track with some spectacular drumming (it must be said that Nik Kats’ drumming is outstanding throughout this album), and then fades to black with “Bleeding Eyes”, a teaser that left me wanting more.My verdict on Make It Sick: run, do not walk, to check this album out. My bet is that Babyjane has a lot more left in the tank, and I can’t wait to see what they’ll do on album three.

Line Up:

Andy Smith – vocals and guitar
John Gerasolo – lead guitar
Paul Judge – bass and vocals
Nik Kats – drums

guest:

John Corabi – vocals (on “Make It Sick”)

Production:

Produced, mixed and mastered by Michael Wagener. Engineered by Shani Gandhi.

Tracklist:

01. Make It Sick
02. She's Just a Liar
03. New York Queen / London Whore
04. Nu-Sonic Plague
05. Bad Woman
06. Ruby Roulette
07. Bittersweet
08. Fakin' It
09. Underground Detention
10. Somebody Up There Hates Me
11. Bleeding Eyes

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2012 / NEWS 2012"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných