Lucifer - Lucifer II (Japan Edition) (2018)

hudební novinky 2018 / music news 2018
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Jan 2022, 14:34

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok
Obrázok

Year : 2018 (Japan Edition)
Style : Stoner Doom Metal , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 157 mb

Bio:

Berlin/London based heavy doom rock band, LUCIFER, have this week unleashed their highly anticipated debut album, Lucifer I, and confirmed their first ever London show.Front woman, Johanna Sadonis - formerly of The Oath - commented on the release:"It is with great pride that we present Lucifer I, our first album. Crafted between London and Berlin, we've given it our all. We are tremendously excited for Lucifer I to descend into the light of day now and have been overwhelmed by the fantastic response so far!"The band recently released their first single, Izrael. The track was written by Sadonis and ex-Cathedral guitarist, Gaz Jennings. The video for the track - directed by Sadonis and Chris Koll - was shot partly at LUCIFER's first Berlin show in April, and has notched up thousands of plays in its first few days online.Whilst The Oath was a much-celebrated band, following their premature demise, Sadonis wasted no time in creating a new beast to go beyond previous limitations. Having released their debut single, Anubis earlier this year, there has been a significant buzz generating around LUCIFER.Eschewing the now well-worn clichés of the ‘occult-rock explosion’ in favour of a truthful and tempestuous re-imagining of classic 70s proto-metal and heavy doom, the eight songs on this band’s debut album crackle and fizz with burgeoning energy and the compelling conviction of music made for all the right reasons.Although still firmly rooted in the fertile soil first cultivated by Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin and Blue Oyster Cult, LUCIFER exist in a proudly liberated and limitless sonic realm, where the heaviest doom rock is a mere starting point for the band’s skyward creative trajectory.LUCIFER have recently been announced to tour with High on Fire and Pallbearer in the United States, with more European shows planned for later in the year. The band have also landed the coveted cover of the current issue of American heavy metal bible, Decibel.

Album:

Vocalist Johanna Sadonis has understandably been Lucifer’s main attraction from the get go, but I must admit that guitarist Gaz Jennings was my person of interest when first hearing about them. Cathedral’s 2013 disbandment certainly hurt and the Carnival Bizarre-lite approach of 2015’s Lucifer I was a nice way to fill that void. But with Jennings having since departed, there’s even more pressure for Lucifer’s second outing to carve out a less derivative path. Thankfully Lucifer II (Twocifer?) successfully lives up to the debut and then some.Much like Avatarium’s post-Edling direction, the band is more upfront about their 70s rock and psychedelic influences this time around. The debut’s driving tempos are almost completely phased out in favor of the upbeat garage rock rhythms of “California Son” and steadier mid-tempo fare like the bluesy “Before the Sun.” There’s also a touch of keyboard and the guitars boast a subtler but still ominous character that allows the vocals to take center stage and inject more attitude into the otherwise ethereal delivery.These shifts may result in a less aggressive sound overall, but there’s still plenty of doom on Lucifer II. The band’s take on “Dancing with Mr. D” may ironically be the best demonstration of the style as the Rolling Stones deep cut comes out like a lost Sabbath tune if you slow it down just right. Elsewhere, “Reaper on Your Heels” and “Eyes in the Sky” offer plenty of that hazy four on the floor magic(k) and “Faux Pharaoh” closes things out with the album’s most massive riff set.It’s a little funny how Lucifer went from a Cathedral spinoff to another fixture in the ever-growing occult doom movement, but you can’t complain when the band is so good at both sounds. Lucifer II is about even to I in quality songwriting and is just as breezy a listen, leaving the “winner” up to personal preference. The transition shouldn’t be too jarring for established listeners and fans of groups like Avatarium, Psychedelic Witchcraft, and Blood Ceremony are strongly encouraged to check this one out.

Line Up:

Johanna Sadonis - Vocals (2014-present) - See also: ex-The Oath, ex-Cryogenic, ex-Dies Ater, ex-Ferox, ex-Informer, ex-Vinterkrig (Swe)
Nicke Andersson - Guitars, Drums
Robin Tidebrink - Guitars

Tracklist:

01. California Son 03:26
02. Dreamer 05:47
03. Phoenix 04:46
04. Dancing with Mr. D (The Rolling Stones cover) 04:11
05. Reaper on Your Heels 05:06
06. Eyes in the Sky 04:30
07. Before the Sun 03:38
08. Aton 05:05
09. Faux Pharaoh 05:25
10. Evening Wind (Scorpions Cover) 05:18 (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 8 neregistrovaných