Power Quest - Sixth Dimension (Japan Edition) (2017)

hudební novinky 2017 / music news 2017
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 08 Apr 2023, 18:26

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 148 mb

Bio:

Power Quest is a power metal band based in the United Kingdom, the line-up consists of vocalist Ashley Edison, guitarists Dan and Gavin Owen, bassist Paul Finne, drummer Rich Smith, and keyboardist Steve Williams.Power Quest was conceived in March 2001 by keyboardist Steve Williams, who had recently departed London power metal band DragonHeart (later called DragonForce). Steve Scott (another former member of DragonHeart, and also ex-Shadowkeep) was approached regarding bass duties. Steve was keen to work with his former colleague and accepted the offer. The original intention was for Power Quest to be entirely based in Southampton, but, other than guitarist Adam Bickers, no other interested musicians in the city could be found. For the second guitar slot, they managed to secure the services of their former DragonHeart bandmate Sam Totman, at least in a short-term capacity as his commitment lay with his own band.The newly founded band recorded a two-track demo which was uploaded onto MP3.com in August 2001. Recording was supported by ZP Theart on vocals and Sam Totman along with Adam Bickers on guitar and Steve Scott on bass.In April 2002, vocalist Alessio Garavello was recruited to the Power Quest ranks. He was recommended to the band by Maurizio Chiarello, label manager at Underground Symphony Records. Alessio flew over for a photo session with the band in May 2002 and returned in June to lay down vocal tracks for the new album. He was accompanied by the guitarist of his band, Arthemis, Andrea Martongelli, who recorded a few guest solos on the album - now named Wings of Forever. Following the album's release, he was recruited as a full-time member to replace Bickers who left to pursue a career as a doctor.In January 2003, drummer Andre Bargmann was recruited into the Power Quest ranks. Bargmann left the band in July that year, following the release of the second album (Neverworld). His place was filled on the tour by Last Hours of Torment drummer Gavin Ward, and eventually on a more permanent basis by Francesco Tresca. Sam Totman also left after the release of Neverworld because of increased activity in DragonForce.In November 2004, the band played a show with Dream Evil and Labyrinth in London, and then later in the month the band headed back to Thin Ice studios to record three new songs for the "Magic Never Dies" album. In November and December 2005, Power Quest toured on their 'Magic Never Dies tour', playing various dates in the UK, notably The Marquis in London on 25 November. The band followed this with a 'Magic Never Dies Tour part II'. In August 2006, Power Quest announced that current Alessio Garavello would be taking up a second role as rhythm guitarist, as the band had been without a second guitar player since Adam Bickers departure in 2003. In October 2007, an official Napalm Records MySpace blog post announced that Power Quest have signed to Napalm Records.After a 3-year hiatus whilst working with Eden's Curse, Steve Williams announced that the Quest had unfinished business and that the band were to reform with a new lineup. This was announced via the band's Website and YouTube channel New members to join: On lead vocals Ashley Edison of Dendera, replacing Colin Calannan, and on guitar Gavin Owen's twin brother Dan Owen, replacing Andy Midgley who joined Neonfly in the meantime.A new EP, Face the Raven will be released on 10 September 2016, at same day as their performance at The Underworld Camden.

Album:

I try very hard to maintain a professional unbias when reviewing albums, but occasionally something will strike a nerve, and I will descend into either unabashed praise or flaming hatred – both equally unprofessional. UK metallers Power Quest are of the former variety, constantly enticing me with their brand of ultra-happy, ’80s-influenced, synth-heavy power metal. I’ve already used the phrase ‘most anticipated album of the year’ in 2017 about five times – but here, I truly mean it. After the tragedy of the band splitting up due to financial issues back in 2013, they executed an enormously successful comeback with a terrific EP (Face The Raven), a slew of amazing shows, and some quite generous packages for fans to purchase. Needless to say, they set the stage for a new full-length perfectly. The magic has been truly revived, the Quest is going on as planned, and Steve Williams should be very proud of The Sixth Dimension indeed.After a minor setback involving the departure of guitar duo Gav and Dan Owen, the band picked themselves up spectacularly to soldier on with Andrew Kopczyk (from I Am I), and fellow Welshman Glyn Williams. Vocal duties are still being handled by the incredible Ashley Edison who, along with his other, heavier band, Dendera (check out their new EP, by the way – it’s brutal!) is proving to be one of the most versatile clean vocalists in modern metal. His gruff edge on tracks like “Face The Raven” makes the silky smoothness on “No More Heroes” even more luscious by contrast – and that’s before hearing his phenomenal falsetto athletics on “Revolution Fighters”. Main man Steve Williams is also on fire with his keyboard performance. As soon as that synth in the opening riff of first track “Lords Of Tomorrow” gaily bounces around, any fan will instantly recognize this as the Power Quest we know and love. He also pulls off some spectacular key flourishes in the opening of “Revolution Fighters” and the super-cool section after the first chorus of “Face The Raven”.Williams’s songwriting prowess has not dimmed one iota. The Sixth Dimension most resembles 2008’s Master Of Illusion in terms of atmosphere and song structure, but cleaner and better executed. Sections flow from one to the other seamlessly, always using a lick or crescendo so as never to lose the momentum. Listen to how the guitars nimbly scale up into each chorus of “Pray For The Day” – that’s detail not worth ignoring. Vocal harmonies and choirs are, as usual, spot on. In fact, a few fans were granted the opportunity to join the band in the studio to record backing vocals for a few tracks – including a very close friend of mine whom I might never forgive *insert angry face here*. Joking aside, that sense of community and dedication to one’s fanbase is incredibly admirable and should never be swept under the carpet. In case you’re reading, Steve, us fans seriously appreciate that extra mile you go!The Sixth Dimension contains all the traditional Power Quest tropes one would hope for: the catchy choruses, the female vocalist guest spot, the ’80s stadium rock synth timbre, the token love song (“Pray For The Day”), and of course, the lengthy closing title-track. Despite never reaching the frantic velocity the Brits are capable of, this nine-minute sprawler is equally mysterious and dramatic thanks to both its theatrical chorus and haunting piano that fades into audible mist. The high-speed Euro-power anthems exist in the shape of “Coming Home” and the almost comically generic “Kings & Glory”. The former is a sequel to 2003’s “Sacred Land” containing similarly jaunty melodies and references to older PQ tunes. The latter is a vibrant and animated power metal hymn absolutely begging to be played live!This LP is wonderfully structured, every track building on the momentum of the last, but providing something totally different. The pedal is pushed firmly to the metal on the riff-centric and hard-hitting “Face The Raven”, but the atmosphere is stripped back to reveal a more tender, yet still energetic, feel on “No More Heroes”. This kind of variety is what makes the replay value 100%. I would label this as ‘comeback of the year’, but if we’re being perfectly honest, Power Quest have never dipped in quality enough to warrant the need for a ‘comeback’. This is more of a triumphant return to the peak of the UK power metal scene, where they deserve to be. Upon further listening, I’ve concluded that this review is not biased, The Sixth Dimension is simply an amazing slab of British power metal that begs to be heard by any fan of the genre. The magic never really died, and the Quest must indeed go on!

Line Up:

Ashley Edison - Vocals (2016-present) - See also: Dendera
Steve Williams - Keyboards, Vocals (backing) (2001-2013, 2016-present) - See also: Iron Mask (live), ex-David Shankle Group, ex-Eden's Curse, ex-Mercury Rain, ex-DragonHeart
Paul Finnie - Bass (2009-2013, 2016-present) - See also: ex-The Maslin Incident, ex-Wake
Gavin Owen - Guitars (2010-2013, 2016-present) - See also: I Am I, ex-Triaxis
Dan Owen - Guitars (2016-present) - See also: ex-Hunted
Rich Smith - Drums (2009-2013, 2016-present) - See also: I Am I, ex-Cruel Humanity, ex-Raven Lord, ex-Aphemia

Guests:

Anette Olzon - Vocals (09)
Pippa Sztencel - Vocals (02,03), The Choir
Andy Whittle - Vocals (03), The Choir
Dominic Feargrieve - Vocals (03), The Choir
Johny Giner - Vocals (03), The Choir
Andrea Martongelli - Gutar Solo (06)
Lars Rettkowitz - Gutar Solo (08)

Tracklist:

01. Lords Of Tomorrow
02. Starlight City
03. Kings And Glory
04. Face The Raven
05. No More Heroes
06. Revolution Fighters
07. Pray For The Day
08. Coming Home
09. The Sixth Dimension
10. Far Away' 2017 (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Lords Of Tomorrow" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2017 / NEWS 2017"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 13 neregistrovaných