Brass Kitten - E-Z 'n' Pretty (1990) (Demon Doll / Metal Legacy Records Edition 2017)

hudební novinky 2017 / music news 2017
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Brass Kitten - E-Z 'n' Pretty (1990) (Demon Doll / Metal Legacy Records Edition 2017)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 30 Jan 2023, 10:26

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1990 (Demon Doll / Metal Legacy Records Edition 2017)
Style : Glam Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 113 mb

Bio:

The band formed in 1988, disbanded in 1992 though their last album was finally released in 2002.Brass Kitten was a band that toured extensively from 1988 through 1992, playing between 250 to 300 shows a year. From Winnipeg, Canada to Key West, Florida, Brass Kitten played the circuit nonstop. Brass Kitten is made up of four individuals: John Jeremi – lead guitar and vocals, Sid – drums, Steve Philbrook – lead vocals and guitar, Kiar Olson – bass and vocals. With this lineup, Brass Kitten successfully released their first album, “EZ-N-Pretty” via Emerald Records. After Kiar’s departure from the band in 1990, Kellie Roulette joined. BK toured “EZ-N-Pretty”, winning ‘National Pick Hit of the Week’ on Z-Rock National Syndicate radio.In 1992, Brass Kitten had just finished recording the tracks for “Across America” when bassist Kellie was in a serious motorcycle accident. Kiar filled in for Kellie, but his recovery was doubtful and Brass Kitten disbanded. Through time, Kellie has made a full recovery and now plays with Sid in Tuff 2000 out of L.A. Steve lives in Minneapolis and currently plays in Kanine Zowie, while John and Kiar live in Green Bay and have a band called Ugly Stick.Brass Kitten was knew for great talents in the early 80's coming up to the 90's where they would be knew for talents that would land them possible jobs in the music era.The newest lead vocals of Brass Kitten Steven was taught vocals by the singing teacher who also has taught artist such as lead vocals Miljenko Matijevic of Steel Dragon AKA Steelheart and lead front man Jani Lane of Warrant.The Brass Kitten Front Man Steven would shock the crowd at shows with the Cover song "I'll Never let you go -aka Angel Eyes" by Steelheart and top the notes as Miljenko Matijevic of steelheart would in the song.Kiar Olson: used to tour the country in a long-hair rock band called Brass Kitten. Lots of fun, but now he is pretty calm (mostly). currently he is a Director at an advertising agency and gets to be all creative most of the time.He can still party like a rockstar when needed and can be found near the good tequila… game on! I hate fake people and those that don't know how to have a good time. Remember, you can always sleep when you are dead.Kiar "" Olson Is currently the lead singer of the band Ugly Stick, which has been broken up since 1999, but yet we play once a year. I think we're on our 9th re-union show.Kellie Roulette - Was knew for his great vocals doing Metallica covers one song being the hit song "For whom the bell tolls".

Album:

Here’s in exclusive American glam rockers BRASS KITTEN first 1990’s album “E-Z ‘N’ Pretty“, officially been reissued by Demon Doll and Metal Legacy Records – another Hair Metal gem ‘Uncovered, Rediscovered, Restored & Remastered‘.And if we speak of hair metal, a gem it truly is, BRASS KITTEN brings the hammer to the party and throws it down with reckless abandon bringing us all back to the perfect sound of the late 80s and early 90s. From the opening harmonies of “On The Run”, to the guitar riff laden title track “E-Z ‘N’ Pretty’ to the earth rattling double bass drums on “Lies” – this album flat out kicks some serious tail.Brass Kitten toured extensively from 1988 through 1992, playing between 250 to 300 shows a year. From Winnipeg, Canada to Key West, Florida, BK played the circuit nonstop.With the line up of John Jeremi – lead guitar and vocals, Sid – drums, Steve Philbrook – lead vocals and guitar, Kiar Olson – bass and vocals, BK successfully released their first album, ‘EZ-N-Pretty’.After Kiar’s departure from the band in 1990, Kellie Roulette joined. BK toured ‘EZ-N-Pretty’, winning ‘National Pick Hit of the Week’ on Z-Rock National Syndicate radio.There is no question about which era that Brass Kitten‘s debut album ‘E-Z ‘N’ Pretty’ belongs to. The sounds are from the late ’80s / early ’90s hair metal era. I know some people hate the term “hair metal” but most people know which era that we are talking about when the two words are coined together. Big hair, great hooks, guys wearing tons of make-up and sometimes looking prettier than your girlfriend, and platinum selling records (for some only) are just some of the trademarks of the hair metal period.Brass Kitten definitely deliver when it comes to providing catchy hook filled songs with tons of melodies. They have so much of it on their debut album that even my wife (who at best dislikes heavy metal) was enjoying Brass Kitten‘s songs when I played it in our “family vehicle.”The big standout on ‘E-Z ‘N’ Pretty’ is easily singer Steve Philbrook who has an amazing voice and quite the range, which is on full display during opening track “On The Run.” Just when you think that Philbrook has hit the highest note that he can sing, he brings it up a notch culminating during the chorus portion of the song. I could listen to Philbrook sing all day long.What’s a hair metal album without some great guitar playing? It’s probably not a true hair metal album but don’t fret as guitarist Johnny Jeremi has the chops to shred with the best and can go over the top just like Vinnie Vincent did on Vinnie Vincent Invasion (such as for portions of “E-Z ‘N’ Pretty” and the solo on “Only One”).However, for the most part, Jeremi holds back and simply delivers solid guitar riffs that put the songs first such as on “Lies” and “Only One.” Surprise, surprise — there are a couple of ballads on E-Z ‘N’ Pretty in “Don’t Ask Me Why” and “I’ve Got A Feeling.”My favorites on E-Z ‘N’ Pretty are the title track with the Vinnie Vincent like shredding, the melody filled opener “On The Run”, the likely hit single “Sweet Sister Suite” and the cheeky “Big Fat Blondes” (which might be where Steel Panther got some of the blueprints for what they do).The boys had it all and give it in spades, the hooks – the looks – the four octave front man/ vocalist – ripping guitars and a tight and slamming rhythm section. They hit the pavement and hit it hard touring the US and Canada.A very good, fun band that left a great legacy and an amazing debut record that finally gets it’s very long awaited reissue to sit proudly in your collection next to the Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Skid Row and Ratt albums where it firmly belongs.

Line Up:

Lead Vocals, Guitar – Steve Philbrook
Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals – John Jeremi
Bass, Backing Vocals – Kiar Olson
Drums, Backing Vocals – Sid

Tracklist:

01. On The Run
02. Sweet Sister Suite
03. One Life To Live
04. E-Z ‘n’ Pretty
05. Don’t Ask Me Why
06. Big Fat Blondes
07. Lies
08. Only One
09. Waiting
10. Pain Of A Broken Heart
11. I've Got This Feeling

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2017 / NEWS 2017"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 17 neregistrovaných