Tom Keifer - The Way Life Goes (Deluxe Edition Digipak) (2017)

hudební novinky 2017 / music news 2017
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 17 Jan 2023, 07:44

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 203 mb

Bio:

Carl Thomas Keifer (born January 26, 1961, in Springfield, Pennsylvania) is an American vocalist and guitarist for the band Cinderella.Tom Keifer grew up in a musical family and began playing guitar at a young age. Keifer soon fell in love with the blues and was heavily influenced by this kind of music.Keifer joined his first rock band while in junior high school. He soon learned to play the electric guitar. The young musician struggled with drug and alcohol abuse in high school,and considered dropping out of school to pursue a music career. However, his mother Adrienne bribed her son to stay in school by promising him a Gibson Les Paul guitar upon graduation. Keifer graduated and received the coveted instrument. After graduating Keifer played guitar in bands such as Saints in Hell, Telapath, and Diamonds.Soon, Keifer conquered his addictions, and began to focus on a career as a musician. He had started writing original material. He also found financial support by walking race horses at tracks and delivering film to developing outlets. Keifer came closer to his dream of being a successful artist by forming the hard rock band, Cinderella with good friend and bassist Eric Brittingham, whom he met on Halloween night in 1980 in a bar bathroom, and also who had been in Saints in Hell. Despite being shy, Keifer took on the role of lead singer because they could not find anyone they liked to sing for the band. In articles, Keifer has said, "I don't feel comfortable when I'm up there singing and not playing guitar. I feel naked when it's just me and the microphone."Cinderella was discovered initially by Gene Simmons of KISS who attempted to get the band signed to no avail.It was then Jon Bon Jovi in 1985, at the Empire Rock Club in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, that convinced his Mercury A&R manager Derek Schulman to sign the band. Bon Jovi has been quoted as saying "I saw Tommy Keifer onstage delivering some pretty nifty, growling vocals. Then he whipped out this Les Paul and proceeded to lay into some astounding sounds. This guy struck me as a star right then and there." Keifer and company experienced much success with their albums, Night Songs, Long Cold Winter, and Heartbreak Station. Keifer enjoyed the reputation of being a prolific songwriter with hits such as "Shake Me", '"Nobody's Fool", "Gypsy Road", "Don't Know What You Got", "Coming Home", "Shelter Me", and "Heartbreak Station". He also enjoyed spending time with his wife, Emily, whom he had married in 1987 after years of dating. She also designed the band's unique logo and often accompanied her husband on tour.

Album:

TOM KEIFER presents a special Deluxe Edition release of his critically acclaimed solo album "The Way Life Goes". This CD/DVD set features 2 new studio tracks recorded by 3-time Grammy Award-winner Vance Powell (Jack White, Chris Stapleton) including the long-awaited studio recording of the Beatles’ 'With A Little Help From My Friends' and the spectacular duet recording of 'Nobody’s Fool' with Lzzy Hale of Halestorm.Also featured is a bonus DVD with 'The Way Life’s Goin' a 30-minute documentary on the making of the bonus tracks as well as videos, live footage and more - all packaged in a gorgeous 6-panel digipak featuring all new artwork and a 20-page book with original illustrations for each track."The Way Life Goes" is a tapestry of some of the finest rockin' bluesy songs to emerge from Cinderella's founder. Tom Keifer shines as he weaves his magic of heart provoking lyrics and gives the vocal performance of his career, accompanied by an organic, solid backing band.The songs are so strong it truly rivals anything on Night Songs or Long Cold Winter. Each individual track shines with its own resolute style, bringing with it a warmth of familiarity like an old friend.Tom's experience and maturity create stories that fall into place like magic. His rhythms are refreshing while still conjuring the blues and rock and roll he was raised on."Solid Ground" start the engines with a stomping hard rock beat that sends the gypsy road dust spiraling up into an air. A track plenty of those harmonies and slide guitar that openly invites fans - old and new - to the party, embracing a sound that while not a million miles away from Cinderella's heyday has both feet stamping firmly in the present. I really enjoy the female harmonies on the chorus – a Keifer staple.Tom slows done the pace for a moment with the mid-tempo, feel good vibe of "A Different Light". Keifer is really feeling good about life on this one, you can sense it throughout, musically showing his love for American music. Next, the funky rhythms of "Its Not Enough" showcases Tom's bluesy style brilliantly.He keeps the blues groove flowing with the hard driving "Cold Day In Hell", a swaggerin' track in the Cinderella vein. Works all the way around – awesome hook, catchy harmonies and some slick harmonica. This may be my favorite song on the record.Keifer has a unique way of making you feel and drawing you into his world with his ballads. "Thick And Thin" is a song that Tom wrote for his wife Savannah (who also did some backing vocals). It is a beautiful piano ballad in the vein of 'Don’t Know What You Got...' with Tom reaching higher notes on the chorus. I love this."Ask Me Yesterday" keeps the acoustic vein but this time via beautifully arranged guitars. Totally different from the previous track and even more haunting lyrically. This gets a crowd with their hands raised swaying back and forth because the song flows so well.The bluesy rock returns with the mid-tempo "Fools Paradise" constructed over punchy riffs to boot. "The Flower Song" also follows this style showing Keifer's classic rock influence (some Zeppelin) with cool bluesy licks and slide guitars."Mood Elevator" will blow you away with its intense groove. This song just jumps out at you with some serious flair and attitude. The hardest drumming on the whole record can be found here. "Welcome To My Mind" is quite heavy as well and somehow reminds me Alice Cooper.Another highlight arrives with the lovable harmonies of the emotional ballad "You Showed Me", a commercial yet personal track with a strong Cinderella wink."Ain't That A Bitch" rocks strongly again, very '70s sounding with Hammond organ surrounding and an Aerosmith swagger on the guitars.Title track "The Way Life Goes" is really groovy via a soaked riff accented by killer harmonica licks, and "Babylon" bows out with a final hard rocking bad attitude shuffle. A sure fire signature tune that's as gritty as any Cinderella were/are best known for capping off fourteen tracks of solid gold.There isn't a dull moment on Tom Keifer's solo debut. Never mimicking the successful sound of Cinderella, Keifer establishes his own style without abandoning what he does best.Clearly rock and roll, clearly using that signature inimitable vocal rasp nature gave him, clearly this is Tom Keifer – not a blast from the past. Still, longstanding Cinderella fans will find a lot from the band here (even Jeff LaBar plays some guitar)."The Way Life Goes" is a truly organic sounding album, you can almost hear its heartbeat. The sterling production is free of pretence and fully loaded with soul and integrity.This is a winner from end to end, a journey through time. The good times and the bad times, the new and the old, all in one combined."The Way Life Goes" is what radio used to be. If you were a kid in the '80s, you should remember FM stations playing everything that was worth listening to. This disc would be in high rotation without a doubt.This Deluxe Edition worth the purchase alone for he bonus 'Nobody's Fool - Piano Version' (just Tom and the piano) a terrific version of this immortal song.

Line-Up:

Tom Keifer: Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards
Pat Buchanan: Guitars, Harmonica
Gary Burnette: Guitars
Jeff LaBar: Guitar
Ron Wallace: Acoustic Guitar
Tony Harrell: Piano, Clavinet, Wurlitzer, Hammond B3
Michael Rhodes: Bass
Greg Morrow: Drums, Percussion
Bobby Keys, Jim Horne: Sax
Mitch Goldfarb: Strings
Etta Britt, Kent Agee, Chuck Tuner, Crystal Taliaferro, Vicki Carraco, Savannah Keifer: Background Vocals

Tracklist:

01. Solid Ground 04:05
02. A Different Light 03:56
03. It's Not Enough 03:04
04. Cold Day in Hell 03:38
05. Thick and Thin 03:43
06. Ask Me Yesterday 03:55
07. Fool's Paradise 03:24
08. The Flower Song 04:05
09. Mood Elevator 03:36
10. Welcome to My Mind 03:24
11. You Showed Me 04:20
12. Ain't That a Bitch 03:09
13. The Way Life Goes 03:44
14. Babylon 03:34
15. Nobody's Fool (Duet Version) 04:52 (Bonus Track)
16. With a Little Help from My Friends (Bonus Track) 04:44 (Bonus Track)
17. Nobody's Fool (Piano Version) 04:15 (Bonus Track)

+ Video "The Way Life Goes" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2017 / NEWS 2017"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 22 neregistrovaných