Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Stoner Metal , Doom Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 161 mb

Bio:

Since first coming together in the English Midlands in 2006, Alunah have trafficked in a blend of the earthly and the unearthly.Over the course of their four albums – 2010’s Call of Avernus, 2012’s White Hoarhound, 2014’s Awakening The Forest and 2017's Solennial – the four-piece have been a constant force of progression into an individualized take on psychedelic and organic heft. Their material has never lacked structure or groove, but with the melodic vocals of guitarist Sophie Day ever at the fore, they keep an eye toward the ethereal as well. That was never more true than on Awakening the Forest, which was released by Napalm Records and followed by 2015 CD reissues of the first two albums via PRC Music and a vinyl release for Call of Avernus through UK imprint HeviSike Records.As they always do, Alunah are moving forward. Sophie, guitarist David Day, bassist Daniel Burchmore and drummer Jake Mason signed to Svart Records for the March 2017 release of their fourth album, Solennial, and recorded with Chris Fielding (Conan) at Skyhammer Studio, also owned by Conan’s Jon Davis.Following in the footsteps of Svart alums Hexvessel and Jess and the Ancient Ones, Alunah arrive at the label preceded by a reputation for blending nature worship and heavy vibes with a grace that few can match, basking in a sun-soaked spirit of beauty and decay, folklore and deeply personal expression. Look for them to expand their sonic palette with the new material and build on what they’ve accomplished before in their rich, engaging sound that seems to be always wandering and never, ever lost.

Album:

After a couple of magical albums in the form of White Hoarhound and Awakening the Forest, it should come as no surprise that Alunah's latest release Solennial is another very high quality album. Stoner metal isn't a genre I've got a particular affinity to, but something about this band is simply enthralling. As you'd expect it's groovy, psychedelic and incredibly addictive, and with some great individual performances it could well be that Alunah find their way into many top ten lists come the end of the year.The first thing you'll probably notice about Solennial is that it's a little softer than its predecessors. One of the most prominent features on tracks like 'Heavy Bough' was the thundering Sabbath-esque riffs, which would last for the length of the song. Solennial is more chilled out, with frequent guitar-less sections that focus a great deal on crafting an atmosphere rather than hitting the user with slow, groovy riffs. Personally I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, in fact it's a style that Alunah are clearly able to put their own stamp on. The alluring, hypnotic voice of Sophie Day works fantastically in the slower parts of the album, particularly on 'Lugh's Assembly'. That's not to say she isn't excellent elsewhere - she is after all a supremely talented singer - but with nothing else to focus on but her voice the listener will be left simply mesmerised by what she can do. Alongside Sophie there are sprinklings of male vocals throughout the album, mostly in the background while she sings. They work rather well when used in this manner, accentuating her voice while giving off a cult-like vibe. What I'm not quite as keen on is their use as the lead vocal near the end of 'Lugh's Assembly'. Simply they seem passionless, and as such they don't stir any kind of emotion in me either. Maybe if they'd been used in conjunction with the stellar female cleans throughout Solennial rather than just making a flying visit for less than a minute on a single track then I'd appreciate them more, but with things as they are I just can't wrap my head around their inclusion.What I probably haven't got across in that last paragraph is that I much prefer Alunah when they're in full swing, when the music speeds up and the guitars are laying down those sweet hooks. Stoner metal isn't usually your go-to genre for technicality, but there's some fairly complex stuff on Solennial, and the solos in particular are damn impressive. And on top of this, when the slow sections do contain heavy, droning guitars, it's executed to perfection. The slow start to their cover of The Cure's 'A Forest' might be overshadowed by the more intense later sections, but the guitars do craft a wonderful eerie feeling, this sense that there's something looming in the distance. So while Alunah do a great job on the less heavy parts of the album and they are worked in almost seamlessly, they're still probably the weakest part of the album.I've got to give my compliments to drummer Jake Mason as well, however. Given the general plodding nature of the music his performance isn't massively technical, but there's something about his style of playing that I just like. The groovy style he employs syncs perfectly with the riffs, his fills are creative, it's just an all-round enjoyable listen.All in all I would say that this record tops their previous effort but doesn't quite beat out White Hoarhound as the band's best album. Still,Solennial is a great album, and for anyone who likes female-fronted doom this is a must. And for those that haven't tried the style before, Alunah might just be the band to get you started.

Line Up:

Sophie Day - Vocals, Guitars
David Day - Guitars - See also: Godsize, Sonic Lord
Dan Burchmore - Bass (2013-present)
Jake Mason - Drums

Tracklist:

01. The Dying Soil
02. Light of Winter
03. Feast of Torches
04. The Reckoning of Time
05. Fire of Thornborough Henge
06. Petrichor
07. Lugh's Assembly
08. A Forest (The Cure cover)

+ Video "Fire of Thornborough Henge" (Official Music Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2017 / NEWS 2017"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 16 neregistrovaných