Cloven Hoof - Who Mourns For The Morning Star (2017)

hudební novinky 2017 / music news 2017
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 23 Júl 2021, 13:14

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Heavy Metal , Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 136 mb

Bio:

Cloven Hoof are a heavy metal band from Wolverhampton, United Kingdom, that was active from 1979 to 1990, and again from around 2000 onwards. The band was associated with the New Wave of British Heavy Metal movement, alongside bands such as Iron Maiden, Saxon and Diamond Head. Enduring many line-up changes, only founding bassist Lee Payne has remained present throughout the band's career.Cloven Hoof went through a number of early line-up changes before settling on a steady line-up that would last for their first few recordings. Theatrical from the beginning, the four band members took up pseudonyms based on the four elements: David "Water" Potter, Steve "Fire" Rounds, Lee "Air" Payne and Kevin "Earth" Poutney.[1] This line-up recorded a successful demo tape in 1982, along with The Opening Ritual EP, and the debut Cloven Hoof album.Following the release of their self-titled debut, David Potter left the band to be replaced by Rob Kendrick, who took up the "Water" pseudonym. This line-up only managed to record the live album Fighting Back before splitting up, leaving Lee Payne as the sole remaining band member.Lee Payne reactivated the band in 1988, hiring vocalist Russ North and guitarist Andy Wood from Tredegar along with drummer Jon Brown.With a whole new set of musicians in place, the band dropped the stage names and went on to record two more albums: 1988's Dominator and 1989's A Sultan's Ransom. Former member of Tredegar Lee Jones was brought into the band as a second guitarist soon after the release of these two albums, but contractual difficulties caused the band to split up again in 1990.In the summer of 2001, Lee Payne began putting together a new line-up for the next incarnation of Cloven Hoof (following a telephone conversation with Andy Wood regarding the contractual difficulties which had caused the band's decade-long split.)The band completed a live appearance at the Keep It True II Festival at the Tauberfrankenhalle in Lauda-Königshofen, Germany on 10 April 2004.Eye of the Sun was recorded and released in 2006, with the help of musicians Matt Moreton on vocals, Andy Shortland on guitars, and Lynch Radinsky on drums. Tom Galley produced the album. Due to the work commitments of various band members it was impossible for the unit to play live, so Lee Payne was once again obliged to enlist new personnel.Vocalist Russ North returned to England and rejoined the band, after a period of time spent living in Spain. Eventually the band's line-up was completed by Mick Powell and Ben Read on guitars, with Jon Brown on drums.2011 saw Lee Payne rebuilding the band, bringing in guitarist Joe Whelan from the band Dementia and guitarist Chris Coss from UK/DC, along with drummer Mark Gould and Ash Cooper on vocals. This line-up released a music video called I'm Your Nemesis.Russ North parted company with Cloven Hoof for a final time in July 2012, following a controversial performance in Cyprus. Mark Gould left the band in August 2012, with Jake Oseland replacing him on drums in time for a series of live dates in 2013.The 2013 line-up of Cloven Hoof scheduled a debut UK concert appearance with Jameson Raid and Hollow Ground at Wolverhampton Civic Hall on 30 March 2013.On 27 April 2013, Cloven Hoof played a concert at the Parkhotel Hall in Tirol, Austria. The show was recorded by producer Patrick Engel for a future live album release. A studio album, provisionally entitled Resist or Serve, was planned for release on High Roller Records.On 23 June 2013, Cloven Hoof played at the R-Mine Festival in Belgium, on a bill which included Hell, Tygers of Pan Tang and Tank. This was followed by an appearance at the Heavy Metal Night 6 Festival in Italy on 21 September 2013.In 2014, Cloven Hoof were added to the bill for the Sweden Rock Festival, with Black Sabbath and Alice Cooper. An appearance at the Power and Glory Festival in Hatfield was scheduled for 23 August 2014, with further European tour dates due to take place throughout the year.

Album:

“Who Mourns for the Morning Star” is the sixth full length album from New Wave Of British Heavy Metal group Cloven Hoof and is to be released April 21st, 2017. Cloven Hoof are another one of those bands that are for die hards for the NWOBHM. Seemingly keeping underground but still keeping a tight knit group of fans, Cloven Hoof managed to keep afloat aside many line up changes and are still cranking out good music today. Bassist Lee Payne is the only original member of the group but as we’ve seen with groups like Tygers of Pan Tang or Diamond Head, when you bring in good talent it really doesn’t matter. So with this new album does the band succeed with creating another slab of solid British Metal?Track Listing:1.Star Rider- The band comes right of the gates with this tune and I must say the production is very nice and pops very well. The guitars are very heavy and mix with the bass extremely well also. New vocalist George Call handles vocal duties very well having that grit but also has a Dio-esque feel to his voice as well. The tune overall is just pure ass kicking metal and gets your attention very quickly.2.Song of Omporheus- I love the beat to this tune and it has a very modern feel to it as well. The band has a lot of chemistry and everyone plays with all of their heart. The songs melodic elements mesh very well with the heavier sides of things and that’s a big plus. The kickass solo right in the middle also helps as well.3.I Talk To The Dead- This song has a more hard rock groove going on with it and a lot more of a dark feel as well with the riffs becoming strayed at points. It is a song that does take a couple listens but it does really hook you in especially with its catchy chorus.4.Neon Angels-This tune definitely hits that mid 1980’s sweet spot with a riff barking back to a lot of the NWOBHM bands back in the day. I really dig the epic chorus as well. It really is just a good time all around.5.Morning Star- This song takes on more of a ballad approach and I think it is done rather well. It builds quite well into a more simplistic almost power metal tune. Again like I said it is a fun time and a tune that begs to be played live. If you want epic vocalist and plenty of guitar harmonies this tune has you covered.6.Time To Burn- One of my favorite tunes on the album because it hangs on that old school speed metal style and the band plays very tight as well. It does have some bits that make me feel like im listening to Judas Priest’s “Rapid Fire” but it still works for these guys quite well. Just a good old school speed metal tune that deserves to be played very very loud.7.Mindmaster- This tune has more of that hard rock feel to it with the lower crushing riffs and feels like it has a bit of an Alice In Chains influence to it as well which adds an interesting element to the album. It is a very simple rocking tune but it isn’t bad.8.Go Tell The Spartans- This is one of the bigger epic songs on the album and honestly there is a lot going on here. There is a lot of melody and some interesting time changes throughout as well it definitely keeps you interested all the way through. This is probably my favorite song on the album because the band explore some more creative directions but still keep the core sound in tact.9.Bannockburn- The band definitely chose to have more of an epic closing song as this is the longest on the album as well. It really screams epic power metal especially in the opening. However, when the song picks up it really picks up. It has a very Iron Maiden feel to it as well especially with the very big chorus that just absolutely strikes you. You can really tell that the band went all out with this closing song and I applaud them for that it really pulls me in.Overall, I give the album a strong 8 out of 10. The band although a lot of newer faces, have managed to create a well crafted album that showcases their abilities and combining more hard rock songs with more traditional heavy metal sounds which is sure to be on repeat many times for me. Even as a newer fan of the band, I could recommend this to a new listener because it definitely showcases what the older albums I listened to beforehand really represented. Just good old fashioned heavy metal. It is good to see Cloven Hoof back once more!

Line-Up:

George Call - Vocals (2015-present) - See also: Aska, Banshee, Emerald, Violent Storm, Warrion, ex-Omen
Lee Payne - Bass, Vocals (1979-1990, 2001-present) - See also: ex-Joseph Whelan
Chris Coss - Guitars (rhythm), Vocals (backing) (2011-present) - See also: ex-Joseph Whelan
Luke Hatton - Guitars (lead) (2014-present) - See also: Awake by Design, Luke Hatton, Resonance
Danny White - Drums (2015-present) - See also: Aska, Violent Storm (live), ex-Sanctuary, ex-Omen, ex-Phantom-X, ex-Thorn

Tracklist:

01. Star Rider
02. Song of Orpheus
03. I Talk to the Dead
04. Neon Angels
05. Morning Star
06. Time to Burn
07. Mindmaster
08. Go Tell the Spartans
09. Bannockburn

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2017 / NEWS 2017"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 12 neregistrovaných