Wolfchant - Bloodwinter (2CD) (Limited Edition Digipak) (2017)

hudební novinky 2017 / music news 2017
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 20 Mar 2021, 12:56

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Pagan Viking Folk Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 198 mb

Bio:

Wolfchant is a band formed in St. Oswald, Germany in August 2003 by Lokhi, Gaahnt, Skaahl, and Norgahd. Wolfchant's lyrics deal with legends and folk tales from Nordic mythology. In August 2005 they signed a record contract with CCP Records. With the first full-length album Bloody Tales of Disgraced Lands (2005) the band gained supra-regional respect.In February 2007 Nattulv became a member of Wolfchant after former bass guitar Gaahnt quit the band for family reasons. Nattulv was replaced by Bahznar, for their album Determined Damnation, which was released in April 2009.The band made a guest appearance in the Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode "Totem Pole", which aired in 2012.

Album:

Today we are heading back to our roots, and Pagan/Folk Metal band WOLFCHANT will be our guides through the past. The German 7 pieces are unleashing their sixth full length album “Bloodwinter” on the world. I’m not going to lie, I have a soft spot for Folk Metal so I’m excited to see how this album turns out.Sadly, that excitement soon begins to fade. “Bloodwinter” opens with a very typical symphonic track, with an orchestra and an operatic vocalist. It’s all very nice but straight away I’m feeling something is lacking, it’s like the components are all there and there’s just no fire behind them. At this point I’m not holding much hope for “Bloodwinter” but WOLFCHANT begin to pull it back and by the time we hit the title track the band are getting into the swing of it. We begin to see guitarists Skaahl and Gorthrim throw out some serious riffs and occasionally a great solo, it’s a great difference from the uninspiring beginning.I do have to commend WOLFCHANT on their vocalists, the combination of clean vocals and harsh blackened rasps feels very well-rehearsed and compliments the music well. There is a trap to fall into with two vocalists, it’s very easy for each track to sound too similar because both singers are competing with each other all the time. I’m happy to say though, that WOLFCHANT have mostly managed to avoid this pit fall. With both clean and harsh vocals working together to keep the songs interesting, I do have to say mostly though because on occasion the clean vocals overpower the harsher rasping vocals.As the album draws to a close we come to one of the stand out tracks on “Bloodwinter”, “Anthems Of Revenge”. This is one of those tracks where everything just falls into place and works, with heavy churning guitar riffs and nice solo for good measure and vocals that really step up and give it a proper “Epic Folk tale” feel. That’s just my personal favourite though as these last few tracks are the bands finest on this album and offer something for everyone. The band has been getting steadily better and now sadly at the end they come into their prime.I don’t know what happened here, “Bloodwinter” begin as a lacklustre and uninspiring album. It’s like the band were there, but only in body but as the album progressed they slowly began to find themselves and at the end they were producing some great music. They need to watch the mix between vocalists though as sometimes you can hear that the unclean vocals are a little weak. “Bloodwinter” certainly has its flaws, but it’s still a half decent album, with more good elements than bad. I just wish they had played at the beginning like they did at the end.

Line Up:

Lokhi Bass (2003-2005), Vocals (harsh) (2003-present)
Skaahl Guitars (lead) (2003-present) - See also: Nothgard
Nortwin Vocals (clean) (2010-present) - See also: Rebellion, Xiron, ex-Black Destiny, High Jacker
Sertorius Bass (2015-present) - See also: Imperious, ex-Ravenlore, ex-Dod Aernst, Heresy, Vermin Exterminator
Gorthrim Guitars (rhythm) (2015-present)
Lug Drums (2016-present) - See also: Zodiac Ass, ex-Low Down, ex-Underground Groove Front

Tracklist:

CD1: Bloodwinter

01. Nornensang
02. Schicksalsmacht
03. Wolfchant (A Wolf To Man)
04. Das Bollwerk
05. Bloodwinter
06. Heritage of Fire
07. Sehnsucht
08. Prelude to Revenge
09. Anthems of Revenge
10. Am Schlachtfeld
11. New Born Killer

CD2: The Fangs of the Southern Death (Demo Rerecorded)

01. A Wolfs Tale
02. The Desire of a Wolf
03. Fenrir — Formed by Fire
04. By Crimson Moonlight
05. The Ballad of the Elders
06. Alive in the Angels Hall
07. In a Cold Winter Night

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2017 / NEWS 2017"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 16 neregistrovaných