Illdisposed - Grey Sky Over Black Town (Limited Edition) (2016)

hudební novinky 2016 / music news 2016
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 30 Apr 2022, 11:52

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016
Style : Melodic Death Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 163 mb

Bio:

Illdisposed is a death metal band from Aarhus, Denmark that was formed in 1991 by vocalist Bo Summer.As of 2013, the band consists of vocalist Bo Summer, guitarists Jakob "Batten" Hansen, guitarist Ken Holst and bassist "Kussen".Since their formation, Illdisposed has released eight studio albums, two compilations, two extended plays, and one self-released DVD.In 2012 Illdisposed are re-inventing themselves with their most brutal and straight-forward album since 2008's "The Prestige". The brand new effort entitled "Sense The Darkness" is all about death metal; it's brutal, it's groovy, it's uncompromising. The sound is raw and deep like thunder, modeled by Tue Madsen at his Antfarm Studio. Cover artwork is created by Mircea Gabriel Eftemie. The album will be released as CD and download containing 11 tracks and as Digipak with 2 bonus tracks. So prepare your senses: There will be darkness!Since the beginning of the 90's Illdisposed have been one of the top bands of the Nordic death metal scene and have released 12 albums. Not denying their death metal roots their brand new offering "Sense The Darkness" will meet all expectations. However, Illdisposed have also developed their own form of death metal with groovy rhythms, melodic but still hard hitting riffs and a massive wall of sound with a unique subwoofer vocal in focus.The experience gained from the production of 12 albums and the band's numerous shows all over Europe and as far away as New Zealand says it all: Illdisposed know what it's all about.Over the years their success has not just been restricted to the metal scene: The last five albums entered the official Danish album charts at position 85, 58, 44, 32 and 78 which made Illdisposed the first death metal band with such high chart entries. The video to "Still Sane" was the most wanted metal video on VIVA Plus for two weeks and the track "Dark" was featured on the soundtrack to the horror blockbuster SAW.In the fall of 2009 Illdisposed headlined the MTV Headbangers Ball Tour in Denmark.Not just scene experts should have recognised the name Illdisposed as a firm synonym for "finest metal quality" by now "Sense The Darkness" will most certainly secure the Danes a top position of the European metal scene!

Album:

Denmark’s Illdisposed have been having a real slump lately, especially after having released a death metal classic in 97’s There’s Something Rotten In The State Of Denmark. It all seemed to start when the band started to shift from death metal to a sort of melodic death/groove in 2011’s There Is Light (But It’s Not For Me) which even incorporated industrial in sections. Unfortunately, this is where people just seemed to give up on the danes, with the band’s next two releases (Sense The Darkness and With The Lost Souls On Our Side) not even garnishing so much as a review over at Metal Archives. Quite simply, people ultimately quit caring and soon began to realize that the Illdisposed ship was indeed sinking, with no real way to save it. Then we enter into the band’s latest, Grey Sky Over Black Town which certainly doesn’t have the greatest title or album art (it’s literally just a woman with a noose around her neck) but actually happens to show a re-surge in the band’s classic style coming back into the fold. It’s there in spurts, but you can tell that these guys wanted to pump more death metal into the formula this time.Gone are the electronics, replaced with a more devastating attack on the drums by Rasmus Schmidt (Killing Gandhi) and extremely thick down-tuned bass riffs courtesy of lKussen (Crocell, Demolition Inc.) I’ve always loved Crocell’s brand of death metal, so I find that it would fit perfectly in Illdisposed, especially when they’re at least trying to fuck with death metal again on tracks like “I’m Not One” and “In Light Of The Moon” in which I even heard some black metal tremolos creeping into the mix. But what really makes this album stand out among some of their recent, much weaker efforts is the fact that Jakob Hansen and Smukke Ken (Crocell) seem ready to break out of their comfort zones here, providing not only a ton of great melodies and worthwhile guitar solos, but an extra addition of black metal bits which can do nothing more than to help what is right now at best an act trying to salvage itself. This mix of melody, ferocity and Norwegian gloom actually blends well together and makes for a record that very well might be one of the band’s best in years. There’s still a great deal of groove to be had here, but at least it doesn’t fill the entire record, making the performance bland and forgettable. Bo Summer even attempts the most unruly and downright demonic vocal style that he can, though I feel that it can be a little too loud in the mix and drowns out some of the instruments. Even so, I think that some of the effects (at least that’s what I believe them to be) help to give the songs even more punch, turning these vocal lines into a veritable fist to the eardrum, which you’ll actually feel and remember.The version of the record that I received actually came with three extra bonus tracks, and from what I’ve heard of them, they certainly tend to stick to mid-era Kataklysm territory, so you’ll definitely want to hear those tracks if you’re a fan of those guys. I will add that I don’t quite hear the black metal bits in these however, so if you liked those parts of the album more, then you may just want to go with the standard edition. But surely more death metal is a good thing, right?However you want to say it, this new effort from Illdisposed is definitely one of their better efforts and I’m a bit surprised by it. It won’t win any awards, but it shows that these Danes are still committed to making death metal that you’ll remember for being actually being death metal this time around, and not just death/groove or death core. I don’t feel there’s anything wrong with trying new ideas as long as you’re going to stick to the roots of what made the act so successful in the first place, which is exactly what they’re doing here. It’s at least worth an ear.

Line-Up:

Bo Summer - Vocals (1991-present) - See also: ex-Mortor Rahm, ex-Panzerchrist
Jakob "Batten" Hansen - Bass (1999-2003), Guitars (2004-present) - See also: ex-Infernal Torment, ex-Undertaker
Smukke Ken - Guitars (2011-present) - See also: Crocell, ex-Adversary, ex-Compos Mentis
Kussen - Bass (2012-present) - See also: Crocell, Demolition Inc.
Rasmus Schmidt - Drums (2014-present) - See also: Killing Gandhi, Corpus Mortale (live), Myrkur (live), ex-Downlord

Tracklist:

01. Again 03:56
02. Your Darkest Son 04:24
03. In Light of the Moon 04:24
04. I Tried to Live 05:01
05. The After All 03:48
06. My Flesh Is Sealed 04:35
07. You're an Angel of the Light 04:23
08. Setting Sail 04:04
09. I'm Not One 04:21
10. From the Rain 04:14
11. I've Been on My Own 05:29 (Bonus Track)
12. It's Almost Night 04:18 (Bonus Track)
13. This Is the Ride 04:02 (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2016 / NEWS 2016"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 16 neregistrovaných