M.S.G. - M.S.G. (1992) (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2015)

hudební novinky 2015 / music news 2015
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Jún 2015, 15:30

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1992 (Japan SHM-CD Remastered 2015)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 117 mb

Bio:

McAuley Schenker Group was a multi-national band featuring core members Robin McAuley (vocals) and Michael Schenker (guitar), a successor (and eventual predecessor) to Schenker's earlier band Michael Schenker Group.McAuley was initially contacted to replace singer Gary Barden in MSG. However, the strong partnership immediately formed between McAuley and Schenker led to the change of the name from Michael Schenker Group to McAuley Schenker Group, retaining the same initials of the previous band MSG.The band, composed of German, Irish and British members, relocated to Los Angeles, trying to exploit the increasing popularity of hard rock and glam metal in the US.They released three studio albums, one EP and an acoustic live album before disbanding.Their first album Perfect Timing was released in 1987, and included their first hit "Gimme Your Love". Two years later, Save Yourself was released, giving this incarnation of MSG its biggest hit with the power ballad "Anytime". M.S.G. followed in 1992 and "Unplugged" Live came out in 1993.After the 1992 tour with a strictly acoustic set and the release of the unplugged live, in 1993 McAuley and Schenker went their separate ways, the first getting married and retiring from the music scene for a few years, the latter working on his first solo album and eventually reforming the Michael Schenker Group in 1996.After leaving Survivor, McAuley started cooperating with Schenker again, playing 26 shows across the US in February and March 2012.

Album:

As part of the 3 McAULEY SCHENKER GROUP albums just released, fully remastered 2015 by Universal Japan and pressed on SHM-CD, here comes the last entitled with their initials "M.S.G."All the 3 McAuley Schenker Group albums are great, but this "M.S.G." (originally released December 1991 in Japan / February 1992 in Europe) is my absolute favorite.The main reason is the complete songwriting - not a weak track in sight - Schenker is on fire, the new rhythm section of talented James Kottak on drums and Dokken's bassist Jeff Pilson just rocks, and production delivers everything you want in a Melodic Hard Rock album: huge, glossy, magnificent.The other reason... it includes, in my opinion, one of the greatest songs the genre had to offer: "When I'm Gone"."M.S.G." is certainly a harder, grittier affair than the previous McAuley Schenker releases.Throughout the entire album, Michael Schenker delivers a long string of guitar heroics. His unique playing style flavored by classical guitar elements is one of this collaboration’s most standout factors.On opener "Eve" as example, Michael sounds possessed by the Devil. "Paradise" follows the same path with a big rockin' groove, "This Broken Heart" is plenty of guitar stabs all over, while "Invincible" rocks with sharp riffs.But McAuley Schenker Group still retains their melodic rock heart like on the aforementioned "When I'm Gone", a stupendous ballad, the AORish catchy midtempo "This Broken Heart" or the classy "What Happens To Me" (akin Scorpions)."We Believe In Love" include such infectious melody and harmony lines that grab the listener by the first chorus and will have them singing along by the second.Others, such as "This Night Is Gonna Last Forever" (another personal favorite), feature some striking vocal melodies that drive an otherwise very good instrumental into a standout romanticized power ballad.Michael Schenker takes charge on the album’s closing track, "Never Ending Nightmare". He puts down the electric guitar, picks up an acoustic and delivers a poignant riff that bears some significant resemblance to Michael’s earlier outings in UFO, while McAuley soars all over. Killer track.If you’re looking for a Melodic Hard Rock album that has it all, features an all-star lineup of musicians and showcases a compositional depth, you cannot go wrong with this lost classic.

Line Up:

Robin McAuley - vocals
Michael Schenker - guitars
Jesse Harms - keyboards
Jeff Pilson - bass guitar (Ex-Dokken)
James Kottak - drums

additional musicians:

Steve Mann - keyboards on "Never Ending Nightmare"
Rocky Newton - backing vocals, songwriting

Tracklist:

01. Eve
02. Paradise
03. When I'm Gone
04. This Broken Heart
05. We Believe In Love
06. Crazy
07. Invincible
08. What Happens To Me
09. Lonely Nights
10. This Night Is Gonna Last Forever
11. Never Ending Nightmare
12. When I'm Gone (Single Edit) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2015 / NEWS 2015"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných