Carrion - Evil Is There! (1986) (2CD) (Blower Records Limited Edition 2014)

hudební novinky 2014 / music news 2014
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 23 Mar 2023, 09:32

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1986 (Blower Records Limited Edition 2014)
Style : Speed Metal , Thrash Metal , Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 289 mb

Bio:

Carrion (pre-Poltergeist).Carrion was a Swiss speed/thrash metal band, released several demos and issued their only album "Evil Is There!" in 1986, then disbanded.The albums was recently remastered and rereleased in 2004.Poltergeist, originally Carrion,is a Swiss thrash metal band that played from 1985 to 1993, then again from 2013 to the present. Carrion produced two demos and one full-length album under SriLanca Records. Poltergeist released two full-length albums and three demos under Century Media Records.They also released a single and a full-length album under Haunted House Records.Poltergeist is now signed to Massacre Records and released the album Feather of Truth in 2020.The band was founded in 1985 as Carrion by guitarist and vocalist V.O. Pulver.Carrion was not renamed to Poltergeist until the studio recording of Poltergeist's first demo in 1987.There had already been a UK rock band called Poltergeist which played at the now famous Watchfield Free Festival in 1975. Carrion was "underground" and was signed under Gama/Sri Lanca Records, a small record company in Germany.Carrion's appearance was heavily influenced by glam metal, which was popular at the time. After the name change to Poltergeist, the departure of three other band members, and the addition of new singer André Grieder, the band changed drastically in terms of appearance and style. Poltergeist gained a cult following after the release of their first two albums, but became more well known after singer André Grieder recorded vocals on the Cracked Brain album for the popular thrash metal band Destruction.Poltergeist's albums were critically viewed as "good, but not good enough to set them apart."and the band broke up following the release of their final album in 1993.At the end of 2013, Poltergeist announced their reunion. The line-up consisted of V.O. Pulver, André Grieder, Marek Felis, Chasper Wanner, and Sven Vormann. In 2016, Ralf Winzer Garcia, from the Swiss death metal band Requiem, joined as their new bassist following the departure of Marek Felis in April 2016. A few months later, on 30 August 2016, Poltergeist announced their upcoming album Back to Haunt would be released in October the same year through Pure Steel Records, and optimistically stated having a well developed sound and better songwriting compared to previous projects. Back to Haunt has been well received by critics, especially compared to previous projects, with praise particularly for the mature style change, musicianship, and originality of the second half of the album. However, the album was familiarly panned for not standing out amongst other bands and sounding uninspired and tired at times.Post-1993 breakup: V.O. Pulver and Marek Felis formed the still-active heavy metal band Gurd in 1994.Drummer Peter Haas played in the bands Mekong Delta, Babylon Sad, Calhoun Conquer, Krokus, Clockwork, Ain't Dead Yet, and Coroner.Former drummer Rolf Heer played for Braindead and Messiah.Former drummer Alex Lang played for the short-lived thrash band Cryonix.As Carrion, Evil Is There! had a raw and edgy sound, which included harsh and erratic drum beats and vocals, as well as catchy riffs from the guitars. With a lineup change and a new vocalist, the newly named Poltergeist's style began as a mix between power metal and thrash metal in their debut album Depression. They decided to focus on thrash metal in their second album Behind My Mask, which included more blast beats and less vocal chords. Their third album, Nothing Lasts Forever, included more technicality due to star drummer Peter Haas, as well as deeper and more prominent guitar and vocals.

Album:

Double CD re-release including the full Demo 1985 + full live set recorded in Basel (Switzerland), 1985.Swiss four-piece thrash metal band with twin G.'s, formed in '83 and known as the predecessors of POLTERGEIST. Remastered.' The CD reissue from the same label in 2005 sold out in no time, so this album has been re-released in a completely new 2-CD set, much to the chagrin of the enthusiasts who missed out on it! This time, 11 tracks from the '85 demo are included, whereas only 6 were included last time! And this time, 9 live tracks from '86 are included, whereas only 2 tracks were included in the previous release! If you like DARKNESS, NECRONOMICON, MINOTAUR, VECTOM and of course early SODOM, DESTRUCTION and KREATOR, this is a great thrash album! Another limited release.A forgotten jewel. A hidden gem. Call it what you will. In my opinion, Switzerland's Carrion got far too little attention back in the day. This, their debut and only album, has its flaws in that it is poorly produced and the fact that the musicianship is far from top notch. What it lacks in those areas it makes up for in spades with tons of youthful energy and songwriting excellence! It's easy to dismiss Evil is There! as just another badly produced speed/thrash album from the mid- '80s and I do understand why they didn't make the big league, simply based on the above stated points. After all, 1986 was a big year for thrash (Reign in Blood, Master of Puppets, etcetera) and a year where the genre shot off to a whole new level.Regardless of that, this album easily qualifies for my top 5 speed/thrash albums of all time list. Just listen to a track like Games of Evil and try to keep your head from banging. I've listened to that song a million times and I never get tired of it. Pure magic! I've discussed the album with V.O. Pulver (vocals/guitar) via e-mail and even he fails to see why I love this album so much. There is just something about the whole album that appeals to my musical ear...the flawed semi-growled vocals, the bad accent, the off-beat drumming. On one level this record sounds rather poor, I know that. On another, though, it is just so amazingly jam-packed with memorable melodies, killer riffs, catchy choruses and pure power.If you're into early speed and thrash metal I definitely recommend that you lend this album an ear! You sure as hell won't regret it!

Line-Up:

V.O. Pulver - Vocals, Guitars - See also: Gurd, Pänzer, Poltergeist, Pulver, Messiah (live)
Thomas Steiner - Bass - See also: ex-Poltergeist
V.C. Andreatta - Guitars
Walter Schäfer - Drums - See also: ex-Poltergeist

Production:

Editor [Cover] – Peter Gessler
Layout – Hans-Peter Wemhöner

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Shark Attack 04:31
02. Antichrist 03:22
03. Games of Evil 03:09
04. Restless 03:13
05. Demon's Child 04:01
06. Avenger 04:39
07. Evil Is There! 04:32
08. Marshall Law 03:37
09. Torero 04:20
10. Intro 01:12
11. Carrion 09:15
12. Satan's Blood 04:00
13. Evil Is There! 04:54
14. Torero 04:45
15. Marshall Law 04:35
16. Avenger 04:32
17. Satan Is My Chief 05:45

CD2:

01. Sacrifice 03:38
02. Antichrist 03:39
03. Demon's Child 04:22
04. Intro 01:16
05. Carrion 07:40
06. Games of Evil 03:52
07. Marshall Law 03:08
08. Demon's Child 04:12
09. Shark Attack 04:26
10. Restless 03:37
11. Sacrifice 03:32
12. Antichrist 03:25
13. Torero 04:04

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2014 / NEWS 2014"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 17 neregistrovaných