Jimi Jamison - Eye Of The Tiger (EP) (2014)

hudební novinky 2014 / music news 2014
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Júl 2021, 17:15

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014 (EP)
Style : Hard Rock , Melodic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + front + Videos
Size : 117 mb

Bio:

Jimmy Wayne "Jimi" Jamison (born August 23, 1951 in Mississippi) is an American rock vocalist and songwriter, best known as the longtime frontman of platinum selling rock bands Cobra and Survivor and as the voice and cowriter of the theme song for Baywatch.By the late 1970s, he was fronting the local Memphis band, Target, and he went on to become the lead singer of the more well-known band, Cobra in the early 1980s. He would later provide background vocals for successful bands including ZZ Top, Joe Walsh and many others. After the demise of Cobra in 1983/84, he was invited to join Survivor, whose success had been on the wane since their number-one hit, "Eye of the Tiger." Although he was initially not adamant about fronting what he considered more of a "pop rock" band, which would contrast significantly with the heavy metal stylings of Cobra to which he had become accustomed, Jamison ultimately joined and became Survivor's new frontman.

Album:

In 2014, Jamison decided to cut his own version of the iconic song and, to be quite honest, it is vocally very similar to Bickler's take on the trrack, although I have long preferred Jamison's slightly gruffer vocals to those of Bickler, and the same holds true here.Musically, there was a good deal of re-arrangement of the track by Babbitt and Cleveland, who are both members of the Whitney Wolanin Band (yeah, I don't know who that is, either...). It is still very identifiable as "Eye Of The Tiger", but the music was updated a bit to keep the song from sounding as dated as you might anticipate, and to give it new life. In my opinion, this was done successfully, as Jamison's vocals are strong and the music is very nicely done, with a great guitar solo from Cleveland. The regular Anniversary Mix is nearly 45 seconds longer than the edit and features an extended guitar solo, while the "Sing Along" version is little more than a karaoke track that serves no purpose for me...

Line Up:

Jimi Jamison - Lead Vocals
Bob Babbitt - Bass
Dave Cleveland - Lead Guitar

Tracklist:

01. Eye Of The Tiger (Rocky III Anniversary Mix)
02. Eye Of The Tiger (Rocky III Anniversary Edit)
03. Eye Of The Tiger ("Sing Along" Instrumental Mix)

+ Video "Eye Of The Tiger" (Video Official)
+ Video "Eye Of The Tiger" (Live Video)
+ Video "I'm Always Here" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2014 / NEWS 2014"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 7 neregistrovaných