Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Symphonic Metal , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 134 mb

Bio:

Döxa was born as a studio project in Madrid, during 2007, the brainchild of Víctor Fernández (ex- Darksun, Ex- Brecha).With the support and help of many musicians from the Spanish metal scene, Döxa released "Once...and for all", their first album, in January 2010. The album was warmly received by fans and press, who loved Doxa's variety and fresh approach to melodic metal.During 2010 and 2011 the sucess of the first album granted the band a real fan base to tour within Spain, and Döxa went live many times, with great success. After going back to a studio project due to personal differences among the members, the band released the more epic and dramatic "Delendha Est Carthago" album in 2013.During 2016, the recordings of the third album ended and soon the project got the attention of some international metal labels. Finally, Döxa was refounded again as a band and signed with Pitch Black Records for the release of "Lust for Wonder", a new standard for the band's style: heavy, melodic and sharp. The album will be released worldwide on September 29th 2017!.The trip is going to start and crew is welcome!

Album:

One of those unusual albums that actually seems to be less than the sum of its parts.'Lust For Wonder' is the third release from Spanish Symphonic Power Metal act Döxa. Drawing from Symphonic and Melodic Metal, incorporating elements of Folk, New Age and Classical, citing influences including Dio and Epica, and featuring guest vocal appearances from David Readman (Pink Cream 69) and Ani M. Fojaco (Last Days Of Eden), on paper it's an excellent listen. However, it got me wondering, rather than lusting, as it's one of those unusual albums that actually seems to be less than the sum of its parts.It's hard to work out why that should be the case. It's solid, competent and contains all the usual and expected elements and motifs of the genre. You can tick them off as you go – big sound, powerful guitars, nice piano intros, mixed male/female vocals, strong harmonies, occasional growls, Operatic backing and frequent attempts at pomp and grandeur. Yet for all the undoubted effect, it never really gets going or hits the heights. Not for me, anyway.Most of the tracks here have something going for them.I do like the opening melody of 'A Game Of You', the galloping intro of 'The Spring In You', the drama of 'Creole', the keyboard outro of 'The Stormseller', the keyboard/guitar interplay during 'Queen Of Spades', the solo section in 'Windlike', the folksy vocal vibe of 'Erin Go Bragh' and 'Hymn To The Ravenlord', and so on, but very few have the legs to deliver over their typically four or five minute run time. The stand out exception is 'Annabel Lee', a well-rounded track that gets the blend of edge, drama and melody just right. It's the best illustration here of the band's combined talent, and when they do get it right, they Rock. I'm also quite drawn to the more quirky and original-sounding Rock Opera tendencies of album closer 'A Fool's Tarantella', and can't help feeling that this is where the band's strengths lie.There may be others, some within the 'Fireworks' team even, who think I'm being harsh, and I do feel a bit mean, but one has to speak as one finds. To these ears, this is an album that more often than not flatters to deceive. There, I've done my wondering and I'm off to do my lusting somewhere else.

Line Up:

Rita Jiménez - Vocals (2010-2011, 2016-present) - See also: ex-Dandelium
Juan B. "Txendo" Rodríguez - Guitars
Víctor Fernández - Keyboards, Vocals (2006-2011, 2012-present) - See also: ex-Syrdhem, ex-Darksun

Tracklist:

01. A Game Of You
02. Annabel Lee
03. The Spring In You
04. Creole
05. The Stormseller
06. Queen Of Spades
07. Erin Go Bragh
08. Windlike
09. Two Roses
10. Hymn To The Ravenlord
11. When A Dream Says Farewell
12. A Fool’s Tarantella

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "POWER Metal, SYMPHONIC Metal, OPERA Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 11 neregistrovaných