Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Lordi (FIN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 28 Mar 2023, 09:59

Lordi - Scare Force One (Japan Edition) (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014 (Japan Edition)
Style : Heavy Metal , Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 166 mb

Bio:

Lordi is a Finnish hard rock and heavy metal band, formed in 1992 by the band's lead singer, songwriter and costume maker, Mr Lordi. Beside their melodic metal music Lordi is known for wearing monster masks and using horror elements with pyrotechnics during concerts and music videos.Lordi rose to success in 2002 with their hit single, "Would You Love a Monsterman?". The band made history in 2006 by becoming the first, and still today the only hard rock act to win the Eurovision Song Contest. They are also the only Finnish winner.Lordi has toured around the world actively since 2002. The band records a new studio album in 2-3 years cycle and at the same time Mr L upgrades the costumes and masks of the band. The latest album To Beast or Not to Beast was released on March 2013. The band has gone through several line-up changes, but the original members lead singer Mr Lordi and guitarist Amen are still active with the band.Members of Lordi have stated their desire for their unmasked faces to remain private. However, there has been widely published in the media and on websites more or less real pictures of their faces.

Album:

Scare Force One is the upcoming seventh studio album by Finnish hard rock band Lordi. It is set for release on Halloween 2014 in Europe,and November 3, 2014 for North America.The first "Scare Force One" edition comes as a digipak. The effort will also be released as a limited (orange) vinyl edition (500 copies worldwide only) and as a box set.

Line Up:

Mr. Lordi All instruments (1992-1996), Vocals (1992-present)
See also: ex-Wanda Whips Wall Street
Amen Guitars (1996-present)
OX Bass (2005-present)
See also: ex-Dead Lock, ex-Spoon
Mana Drums (2012-present)
See also: MoonMadness
Hella Keyboards (2012-present)
See also: ex-Payload

Tracklist:

01. SCG7: Arm Your Doors and Cross Check 01:35
02. Scare Force One 04:58
03. How to Slice a Whore 02:47
04. Hell Sent in the Clowns 04:20
05. House of Ghosts 04:12
06. Monster Is My Name 03:34
07. Cadaver Lover 03:51
08. Amen's Lament to Ra II 01:10
09. Nailed by the Hammer of Frankenstein 03:18
10. The United Rocking Dead 05:46
11. She's a Demon 05:37
12. Hella's Kitchen 01:10
13. Sir, Mr. Presideath, Sir 05:44
14. I'm So Excited (Pointer Sisters cover) (Japan Bonus Track) 04:20

+ Video "Scare Force One" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Lordi (FIN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 28 Mar 2023, 10:00

Lordi - Monsterephonic (Theaterror Vs. Demonarchy) (Digipak Edition) (2016)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016
Size : 158 mb

Bio:

Lordi is a Finnish hard rock and heavy metal band, formed in 1992 by the band's lead singer, songwriter and costume maker, Mr Lordi. Beside their melodic metal music Lordi is known for wearing monster masks and using horror elements with pyrotechnics during concerts and music videos.Lordi rose to success in 2002 with their hit single, "Would You Love a Monsterman?". The band made history in 2006 by becoming the first, and still today the only hard rock act to win the Eurovision Song Contest. They are also the only Finnish winner.Lordi has toured around the world actively since 2002. The band records a new studio album in 2-3 years cycle and at the same time Mr L upgrades the costumes and masks of the band. The latest album To Beast or Not to Beast was released on March 2013. The band has gone through several line-up changes, but the original members lead singer Mr Lordi and guitarist Amen are still active with the band.Members of Lordi have stated their desire for their unmasked faces to remain private. However, there has been widely published in the media and on websites more or less real pictures of their faces.

Album:

Finnish heavy metal monsters LORDI have set "Monstereophonic: Theaterror Vs. Demonarchy" as the title of their new album, due in Europe on September 16 and in the U.S. on September 30 via AFM Records. The follow-up to 2014's "Scare Force One" was produced by Nino Laurenne (APOCALYPTICA, STRATOVARIUS, CHILDREN OF BODOM, AMORPHIS), who previously worked on the band's 2008 effort "Deadache".Speaking to Spark TV, which is part of the Czech monthly magazine Spark, LORDI frontman Mr. Lordi stated about the band's new album: "We are trying to do something different within the LORDI frame this time. It's like a split album between ourselves."There's two kinds of LORDI material on the album. The first six songs are your classic LORDI kind of stuff — three- or four-minute songs with hooky choruses and stuff; eighties-orientated hard rock, like the shit that we're doing. That's our main stuff. But now, the last six songs of the album is gonna be a story."It's our first conceptual half an album — not a full conceptual album, but half of the album is a conceptual storyline with six songs. And musically, also, it's a lot more modern for us; I mean, it's nothing new in the world of music, but, for us, for LORDI, it's completely different. It's more metal. It's more progressive. The songs are eight minutes long, and there are a lot of different parts. And it's a storyline. Because I'm a huge KING DIAMOND fan; I have always been."I am really fucking thrilled about the result, how it came out. It's different for us. I know that it's gonna be different for the LORDI diehard fans too. I don't know for your average rock or metal fan. It's, like, 'Eh….' But, for us, it is really breaking new territory, definitely."Mr. Lordi went into more detail about the lyrical themes covered on the new LORDI album. He said: "It's a horror story. It's called 'Demonarchy'. It has, like, these classic old-school monsters having rivals… They are having territorial rivals. There's one vampire, one witch, on zombie, and a werewolf. And they are having a bit of a dispute about how to share their territory, because they all live in the same town. That's the story.""It was really shitty that the timing was overflapping now. 'Cause originally we were supposed to be in the studio [to record the new album] already in December [2015]. Then we were supposed to have the album out already in May, last month. But then my father died two weeks before the studio [was scheduled to start], so everything [got pushed back]. And then there was the Christmas break and the fucking New Year, and we lost our original producer, Mikko Karmila, who was supposed to do it. And then we were kind of, like, 'Oh, what the hell do we do now?' So, well, we found Nino Laurenne, who actually produced 'Deadache' eight years ago, nine years ago or something, which was fucking awesome to go back to the same studio. So it will come out in September. So, of course, now the timeline was, all of a sudden, really pushing. So that means that at the same time we were in the studio, I had to start doing the new costumes and masks."It's cool, actually. The new costumes are also something different. Like I said, the album is like a split album with ourselves. The costumes are gonna be split in half too. There's this half and that half, so there's something new also in the costumes. It's like two different versions of each character."

Line Up:

Mr. Lordi - All instruments (1992-1996), Vocals (1992-present) - See also: ex-Wanda Whips Wall Street
Amen - Guitars (1996-present)
OX - Bass (2005-present) - See also: ex-Dead Lock, ex-Spoon
Mana - Drums (2012-present) - See also: MoonMadness
Hella - Keyboards (2012-present) - See also: ex-Payload

Tracklist:

01. Scg8 : One Message Waiting
02. Let's Go Slaughter He-Man (I Wanna Be The Beast-Man In The Masters Of The Universe)
03. Hug You Hardcore
04. Down With The Devil
05. Mary Is Dead
06. Sick Flick
07. None For One
08. Scg Viii : Opening Scene
09. Demonarchy
10. The Unholy Gathering
11. Heaven Sent Hell On Earth
12. And The Zombie Says
13. Break Of Dawn
14. The Night The Monsters Died

+ Video "Hug You Hardcore [Uncensored Version]" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 28 Mar 2023, 10:02

Lordi - Sexorcism (Japan Edition) (2018)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018 (Japan Edition)
Size : 178 mb

Bio:

Album:

The Finnish band, Lordi, is set to release their ninth studio album on May 25th 2018. And this one is not pulling any punches in terms of content. Titled, ‘Sexorcism’, this is noted to be Lordi’s most controversial album yet. At first blush you notice the sexual innuendos or just straight up blatant sexual references in the song titles and lyrics. You could easily write this album off as sophomoric scatological humor. And I have to admit the music didn’t hook me until several listens of the entire album. After listening, especially with headphones, I could hear the dedication that Lordi put into crafting the songs.Lordi has a knack for creating catchy songs, and that streak continues with ‘Sexoricism’. This album contains 12 songs and one track in the middle of the album that is titled “The Documented Phenomenon”, which invites the listener in on a priest’s visit with a possessed woman.The album opens up with the album titled song, “Sexorcism”. Which quickly lays out what to expect in the album. Lyrics focused on sex, how sex can save one from going crazy or tongue in cheek sexual references with songs like “Romeo Ate Juliet”, “Your Tongue’s Got The Cat” and “The Beast Is Yet To Cum”.The songs vary in their intensity as lead singer Mr. Lordi ranges from hard and heavy rock vocals to throaty screeching. The music is varied as well which shows the great skill level the band has. With Amen on guitar, OX on bass, Hella on keyboards and Mana on drums. Lordi delivers plenty of songs for rock fans to consume and get infected with to make the world more tolerable.One of my favorite tracks on this album is “Sodomesticated Animal”, which starts out with some animalistic low grumbling moans and then kicks into high gear with rollicking drums and guitar and harmonies that accompany Mr. Lordi’s lead vocals making this a thunderous song. “The Beast Is Yet To Cum” has some great synth breakdowns.Lordi dedicated themselves to making an album based off sex and although I don’t feel this album is their strongest overall, there’s plenty of hard driving riffs and the shock rock is in full affect. I’m interested in seeing if they make some videos to support this album. Their video “Hug You Hardcore” from their previous album ‘Monstereophonic’ is quite graphic. I can imagine what demented delights Lordi would produce to the visual spectrum of this album.Lordi upped the ante, there’s several songs that Lordi fans will love and rock fans in general will play in their daily rotation. Lordi’s, ‘Sexorcism’ will have you pumped and ready to take on the day with hard hitting, guitar riffing rock and roll.

Line Up:

Mr. Lordi All instruments (1992-1996), Vocals (1992-present) - See also: ex-Wanda Whips Wall Street
Amen Guitars (1996-present)
OX Bass (2005-present) - See also: ex-Dead Lock, ex-Spoon
Mana Drums (2012-present) - See also: MoonMadness
Hella Keyboards (2012-present) - See also: ex-Payload

Tracklist:

01. Sexorcism
02. Your Tongue's Got the Cat
03. Romeo Ate Juliet
04. Naked in My Cellar
05. The Beast Is yet to Cum
06. Polterchrist [Explicit]
07. Scg9: The Documented Phenomenon
08. Slashion Model Girls
09. Rimskin Assassin
10. Hell Has Room
11. Hot & Satanned
12. Sodomesticated Animal
13. Haunting Season

+ Video "Naked in My Cellar" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 28 Mar 2023, 10:02

Lordi - Killection (A Fictional Compilation Album) (2020)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2020
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 154 mb

Bio:

Album:

The beasts are back, and ready to serenade you into a nightmarish sleep to horrify your senses, and make you awake in that cold, wet sweat, with trembles of either ecstasy, excitement or just intense, orgasmic delight from their auditory assault.Lordi were originally founded in 1992 by Mr. Lordi who isn’t just the lead singer, but also the songwriter, visual art designer and costume designer as well! Coming from deep Finnish roots, originating from the city of Rovaniemi, in Lapland. They gained international recognition in 2006, by winning the Eurovision Song Contest.The Beast Returns With a New Hunger.Their newest album, Killection is an album that makes you ask, “What if LORDI had been around for the past few decades”? This new album is a compilation album done as if that statement were true. Coming on January 31st on AFM Records, Killection is that fictional compilation album from the masters of the macabre. So, buckle your seatbelts, and grab a hold of reality because this album is a real trip! For some reason many of the LORDI albums have a skit theme throughout. Known as the SCG10 segments, they usually contain the horror themes between songs. I personally cannot name one other group that does this in this genre, but I do seem to find it entertaining, and on an album like this that is going throughout those fictional decades it works.Kicking off the album is one of those segments. “SCG10 Radio” introduces you as if you’re just starting to tune in to a new radio show that is about to begin. Taking you back to those Headbanger’s Ball days! You are quickly taken into sound bites and clips as if you’re hearing those opening credits, then bang…you’re rocking along with the actual first opening full track on Killection.“Horror for Hire” is a fast-paced, ass-kicking track. With blasting guitars and growling vocals, the song is truly a great kick-off, and still just enough melody that you can sing along and enjoy the track. I am not sure what decade they assume to start in, but my guess from listening through the album a few times, that we start recent, and head back in time.The band is not known for their “politically correct” song titles, that’s for sure, but the next track is called “Shake the Baby Silent”. Another fresh sounding track, with a heavy Rob Zombie feel to it. Being a huge fan of Zombie, I personally love this track. It could have very easily fit onto American Music To Strip By.The Sweat begins to trickle over the Spandex, and Shoulder Pads The next song is called “Like A Bee to The Honey”. As mentioned, before I believe us to be time travelling back so I’m hazarding a guess that now we are in the mid-’80s period. With a vocal spoken beginning, this song sounds like a hard rock Rick Astley tune. LOL. No, I don’t think we will be Rick-Rolled by LORDI, but still this tune has an appeal that I cannot seem to shake.“Apollyon” is next, and still holds that early ’80s pop-like sound, and remember you have to imagine this as if LORDI was around for all these decades! With a piano/synth playing along, you can almost imagine the music video with those blurry angles from the feet pointing upwards, mullets, and tons of lighting flares on the lens. As silly as it seems going from the visual and theatrical aspect of LORDI, you expect Slipknot or KISS-like tunes, but get this instead! Regardless, it’s still a cohesive, fun mashup so far!So, I’m guessing the radio segments are inserted to separate the decades here, but we have reached the second instalment, or maybe we can call them “commercial breaks” with “SCG10 – The Last Hour”. Maybe it’s just me, but whenever I hear the DJ on this fictional station, I think he sounds like Bender from the Futurama television series! Following that strange and disturbing radio segment is a heavy bass and loud guitar sounding “Blow My Fuse”. An argument could be made here whether this is still early eighties or late ’70s, but I’m going with the late ’70s now. This track has a heavy KISS vibe to my ears, mixed with a bit of a Zepplin-ish flavour and crossed with some Sabbath drizzled on top to get that heavier sound. A great song, however. It even has some of those Doors sounding keyboards buried in there a bit too!“I Dug A Hole In The Yard For You” is another of those non-politically correct titles, but hey…who gives a crap? This is Rock and Roll, right? Still sticking with that heavier ’70s vibe, this one is a lot more straight-ahead rock sounding. No fancy instrumentation here.I cannot however say the same thing here on the next track. “Zombimbo” had to be written to compete directly with the KISS disco track of “I Was Made For Loving You”. So grab your largest lapelled shirt, strap on the roller skates and let’s hit the floor rolling because I wouldn’t be shocked if “Disco Duck” was next! I actually laughed out loud for this one, but then still noticed myself bobbing back and forth in time with the music.“Up to No Good” is next, and after the last disco beats, I wasn’t sure what to really expect here. Was it going to be a Donna Summers type, or were we heading in a different direction? I was quite happy when that left turn signal came on, and we headed into the Rock Realm once again. Nothing I can really compare this one to except maybe a slight similarity to early Judas Priest and a “Parental Guidance” sound, and I personally am good with that particular sound.Back again with another commercial Break. “SCG10 Demonic Semitones” has a comedic moment, and still has that horror theme built in. It does take me back to the days of call-in radio shows before screening off the air began. Fun Times!“Cutterfly” leads us into the last decade of LORDI’s fictional gallop through the ages. I can’t really say however that we have stepped back into the ’60s. Maybe I seemingly skipped the ’90s here, but really, being a fan of the type of music I love, I try to forget as much of the ’90s as I can! So it is very possible we could still be in the ’70s here, but it doesn’t change the fact that “Cutterfly” is actually a rocking tune, with a great guitar tone, and some great melodic vocals to carry the song to “Hit Status” to this listeners ears!The next track is a straight forward in your face heavy track. It could fit at the beginning of the album because this track is fresh as hell. “Evil” is a fantastic track and is exactly the sound one would expect from a theatrical looking band like LORDI. Two thumbs up on this tune from me!“Scream Demon” is another great tune and could almost fall into that ’80s decade again. A fun beat, and great lyrics on this one. Could almost pass for an Alice Cooper style here, and honestly were could one go wrong with a sound like that!Last but not least is the final track and yet another radio interlude. “SGC10 – I Am Here” is a fitting send-off to end the album. A fun but retro feeling of “The call is coming from in the house” vibe of many classic, yet cheesy horror flicks. All I can say folks, is just have fun with it.Yes, LORDI looks one way and sometimes sounds another. A prime example of how you cannot judge a book by its cover. Yeah, I’ll admit there are some general cheesiness on this album, but honestly, it’s a rocking album with plenty of good hard rocking tracks that just make you smile and move, and anything that can make you smile these days is a good thing in my books. It’s all good clean fun, and isn’t that what rock and roll is about? It’s about having a good time and forgetting all the crap that the monkey of life flings at us day in and day out, so go out there and check out the newest from LORDI on the end of January, and start this new year with a huge grin, and just have some fun, while rocking your ass off!

Line Up:

Mr. Lordi - Drums (1992-2000), Guitars, Bass (1992-1996), Vocals (1992-present) - See also: ex-Tuska20, ex-Wanda Whips Wall Street
Amen - Guitars (1996-present) - See also: The Junction
Mana - Drums (2012-present) - See also: ex-MoonMadness, Kaaoksen Ystävät
Hella - Keyboards (2012-present) - See also: ex-Payload, ex-Crystal Rain
Hiisi - Bass (2019-present)

Tracklist:

01. Radio SCG 10
02. Horror For Hire
03. Shake The Baby Silent
04. Like A Bee To The Honey
05. Apollyon
06. SCG10 The Last Hour
07. Blow My Fuse
08. I Dug A Hole In The Yard For You
09. Zombimbo
10. Up To No Good
11. SCG10 Demonic Semitones
12. Cutterfly
13. Evil
14. Scream Demon
15. SCG10 I Am Here

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 28 Mar 2023, 10:03

Lordi - Abracadaver (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Style : Horror Heavy Metal , Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 125 mb

Bio:

Album:

LORDI has already grazed proto-metal, disco-rock, prog, heavy metal and stadium rock – our thoughts are currently in the eighties. But there was still a big movement in electric guitar music that was booming at the time. Exactly: Thrash Metal! And surprise: “Abracadaver”, the sixth album by “Lordiversity”, delivers exactly that. Well, actually, “Abracadaver” could almost be classified as being in the early 90s, because the Finns celebrate Thrash here, but it’s due to a prominent groove -Metal component has been interspersed. Regardless of that, this should be a wonderful backdrop for the murmur of the front monster. And musically, the lady and the gentlemen have so far proven to be extremely adaptable anyway. So what can “Abracadaver” do?Well, they have also mastered the steep template here, so that “Abracadaver” goes in pretty well. Overall, LORDI sound here at times comparable to a mixture of the early nineties METALLICA with their current incarnation, if you can imagine that somehow. Once again, LORDI has to be praised for replicating the sound true to the original. Occasionally, the (metaphorically meant) olfactory senses will certainly perceive one or the other hint of “fuel”. Elsewhere, they pack significantly more hardness and heaviness on top. “Bent Outta Shape” makes that pretty impressive. “Evil” falls even further out of the METALLICA framework with its sinister synths and perhaps the most typical LORDI hook that “Abracadaver”, perhaps even “Lordiversity” as a whole, has to offer.Really fat knockers are rare on “Abracadaver”. Sure, there are some thrashy backbeats, but really uninhibited they don’t break down here. That would have really improved a lot of filler material here, especially since the front monster seems to have enjoyed the aggression, the hysteria and the gangshouts. At least his performance exudes this energy. Just listen to “Rejected”, in which its performance really reaches exaggerated heights. And as cheesy as he may be with “I’m Sorry I’m Not Sorry”, it comes across as charismatic, almost somehow cuddly, but in any case fitting. It certainly helps here that the sound appropriately seems to make a relevant detour in the direction of MEGADETH.Unfortunately, as already indicated, there are songs on the album that are clearly beyond their capabilities. “Devilium” initially comes under the kettle with a lot of steam. The riffing is kept quite simple, but works well enough for its purposes. Here you can hear Mr. Lordi nagging hysterically again, which makes the matter sound a bit more poisonous. But the song seems to want too much too quickly, because just in time for the hook it runs out of breath. LORDI slow down their high mid-tempo noticeably here and switch to the sluggish groove metal gang, which, in combination with the rather lame chorus, takes the wind out of the sails of the song. Meanwhile, the somewhat bland PANTERA imitation “Acid Bleeding Eyes” rushes past the listener rather without a trace.“Raging For Tomorrow” is something like the alternative to “Devilium”: lame song, but pretty catchy hook that is so hymnic that it almost seems a bit out of place. The accompanying riffs from the “Black Album” rest ramp just sound inappropriate in combination with these vocal lines, which would have needed a much broader base. The main riff of “Vulture Of Fire” meanwhile gives the impression of having developed out of a groove metal embarrassment, almost a bit like a finger exercise that made it into the finished song. But here too, Lordi’s aggressive, charismatic vocal performance pleases again and takes the coals a little way out of the fire.All in all, you can really imagine the background with the fictional discography in front of this much harder backdrop, because Thrash suits the Finnish monsters very well. As mentioned, it just misses a bit more bite and the slack would have liked to have done a round in the songwriting oven to get done. Especially here from “Abracadaver” more intensive polishing of the songs would have gotten even more out – that could have been a really big Thrash nostalgia party. But all in all the homage to the Thrash or the Groove Metal is okay, in the context of the saturation that “Lordiversity” represents, this excursion into harder realms could have turned out much worse.Of course, in line with the concept behind “Lordiversity” and ultimately “Killection” too, “Abracadaver” should sound like a decal. It’s no different on the “previous” albums. Only the remaining radius of action of the musicians in relation to “Abracadaver” feels a bit further restricted, which is why it is particularly annoying here that some songs do not sound completely mature. But maybe LORDI will be reduced to an “Abracadaver 2.0” in the foreseeable future? This time with enough time to really work out everything in terms of songwriting? We will see …

Line Up:

Mr. Lordi - Drums (1992-2000), Guitars, Bass (1992-1996), Vocals (1992-present) - See also: ex-Tuska20, ex-Wanda Whips Wall Street

Tracklist:

01. Scg Minus 2: Horricone (01:18)
02. Devilium (03:46)
03. Abracadaver (03:41)
04. Rejected (03:44)
05. Acid Bleeding Eyes (03:28)
06. Raging at Tomorrow (05:01)
07. Beast of Both Worlds (04:59)
08. I'm Sorry I'm Not Sorry (03:34)
09. Bent Outta Shape (05:05)
10. Evil (04:35)
11. Vulture of Fire (03:47)
12. Beastwood (00:56)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 28 Mar 2023, 10:03

Lordi - Lordiversity (7CD) (Limited Edition Boxset) (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 645 mb

Bio:

Album:

A monstrous project lies ahead and without a doubt it is as unique as LORDI's costumes and their whole career. Mr. Lordi and his crew announce the release of a 7-album boxset. The "Lordiversity" box set is scheduled to be released on November 26 as a 7-CD box set and a 7-vinyl box set in different color options. Each of the new albums explores a different genre (Hard Rock, Disco, Progressive Rock, Heavy Metal, AOR, Thrash/Speed Metal & Industrial Metal) and the complete concept is based on the album "Killection" released in 2020, which had various chart successes.I should preface this review with a disclaimer. This is going to be a long and extensive review. Lordi have returned with no less than a seven-album box set, with almost all new material. Back in early 2020, Lordi released a fictional “greatest hits” album called ‘Killection’ that imagined what the band would sound like if they had released music in the 70s through the 90s. All the songs were new and showcased Lordi experimenting with various styles of music. Then the lockdown happened. Rather than just rest on their laurels, Lordi decided to expand upon this fictional storyline and actually create albums that sound like they were produced in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Before beginning this review of the breakdown of each album, I will state that having heard all these albums several times over, this is the most ambitious and impressive feat that I have ever seen from any artist. It’s amazing to think they created seven distinct albums over the course of one year.I’ve been a big fan of Lordi since 2006. I can proudly say I attended their first American concert at a festival in May 2007. Got a guitar pick and a signed poster that is displayed proudly in my home. Despite there being 7 albums, I was eager to review this new release.The first three albums in the seven-album collection is the most experimental and nearly a complete deviation from Lordi’s signature sound. Album #1 is ‘Skelectric Dinosaur’ and I was immediately shocked by what I heard. The album is a love letter to KISS and sounds like it was recorded back in 1975. They recorded the album using the equipment of that time period. 70s KISS fans will fall head over heels in love with this effort. Mr. Lordi does all of the Gene Simmons vocal tricks (the first song opens with Gene’s signature “Yeah, Yeeay”). As a result, this comes with two critiques: 1) The 70s KISS studio albums were never known for their great production and 2) The tracks sound so similar to older KISS tracks, they almost sound like cover songs with new lyrics. While I appreciate the dedication to the 70s KISS sound, I was never a fan of this era of KISS because of the production, so it may be off-putting to others as well. One last thing before moving on, is that Paul Stanley doing background vocals on some of these tracks? The press release does not give an inkling, but it sure sounds like him.Album #2, ‘Superflytrap’, is the biggest surprise to me. It’s Lordi doing disco, and damn if it isn’t done well. If you don’t dig disco, then you’ll absolutely hate this record, but for all the albums, this one has the catchiest tracks. The melodies and harmonies are ever present. I also found it hysterical to listen to disco with Lordi-style horror lyrics, such an amusing contrast. If this album was released as a stand-alone, it would surely tank and be review-bombed by loyal fans, but as part of this collection, it works. First single ‘Believe Me’ did not do much for me when I first heard it months back, but in the context of this release, I understand why it sounds the way it does and now love the track. Other highlights include the rock/funk track ‘City of the Broken Hearted’ and the ballad ‘Cinder Ghost Choir’, which sounds like a 70s power ballad. There’s only two ballads found in this collection, and this one is the superior one. As stated earlier, it sounds like it was recorded in the late 70s (but better production than Album 1) and has the instruments to match. Remarkable.Onto Album #3 and it’s a misstep for Lordi. ‘The Masterbeast From The Moon’ is Lordi’s attempt at late 70s/early 80 progressive keyboard-heavy pomp rock (Yes, Rush, Mr. Roboto-era Styx, and other bands of that nature) and it’s just not for me. Admittedly, I’m not a fan of this type of music as it takes too many different atmospheric, instrumental directions. There are certainly parts of it that sound good, but the good parts get bogged down by the varying time signatures and the keyboards being front and center to create that progressive sound. I didn’t care for one song off this album. Another point of contention is the album has 12 tracks but 5 of them are either intro/outro tracks or instrumentals. There are only 7 actual songs.Album #4 has Lordi sliding back into their signature sound. Inspired by early 80s rock and metal, Lordi fires on all cylinders with ‘Abusement Park’, with the title track and its intro very reminiscent of the W.A.S.P. track ‘Inside The Electric Circus’. W.A.S.P. is revisited again with ‘House of Mirrors’, modeled after their hit ‘Love Machine’. There’s an Accept vibe with ‘Pinball Machine’, with its silly lyrics about banging a chick like a pinball machine. ‘Grrr!’ is one of my favorite songs off the entire collection and is classic Lordi. Despite the silliness of the Star Wars references and a guest vocal appearance by Chewbacca, the song could easily fit in on Lordi’s classic (and best) album ‘The Arockalypse’. The album faulters only with the last track ‘Merry Blah Blah Blah’. Christmas and Lordi…no…just no.Album #5,‘Humanimals’. is modeled after mid to late 80s glam/hard rock and still well within Lordi’s comfort zone. Third single ‘Borderline’ is found here and is my favorite of the singles thus far released for this compilation. They do veer slightly into unfamiliar territory with ‘Heart of A Lion’, which has a King Kobra/Survivor hybrid vibe, as if they were trying to vie for placement in the next Rocky/Karate Kid Movie Soundtrack. The unreleased KISS-penned track ‘Like A Bee To The Honey’, which was also found on ‘Killection’ is on this album and is still a stand-out track. Never thought I’d hear saxophone in a Lordi song, but after listening to this collection, nothing should surprise me.Albums 4 and 5 contain some great stuff, but I think my favorite album amongst this set is #6 ,‘Abracadaver’. This album showcases Lordi at it’s heaviest, taking inspiration from Painkiller-era Judas Priest, Pantera, and Metallica. The album is very much in line with Lordi’s mini-album ‘Demonarchy’, which was a favorite of mine. Standouts include the Judas Priest Painkiller-vibed ‘Devilium’ and the brutally heavy tracks ‘Rejected’ and ’Beast of Both Worlds’. It’s a little difficult to pick out favorites here, nearly every track is great and I was glad to see the band return to this type of sound.Finally, there’s album #7. Lordi tries it’s hand at mid-90s era metal with a sound that is reminiscent of bands like Nine Inch Nails, Rob Zombie, and Marilyn Manson. Your love for this album will depend on how you feel about having a lot of electronic effects in your metal. There’s certainly some good tracks here, like the heavy yet catchy ‘Skull and Bones (The Danger Zone)’ and ‘If It Ain’t Broken (Must Break It)’. The surprise here is ‘Killusion’, which is more of a 90s techno dance song that is oddly placed on an album full of electronic heaviness. It has more of the disco vibe from album #2, but it’s still a fun dance track. I dig the intensity on this album, but admittedly was never a fan of mid-late 90s metal, but hey, at least they didn’t try to emulate grunge or rap rock.I am in awe of this collection. Beyond belief, Lordi has constructed a fake timeline of what they would have sounded like if the band had started out in the mid-70s. If you gave these albums to someone who didn’t know the band, they would be convinced that this was a natural progression and not a contrived concept. What they have accomplished her is truly astounding. I found that the more I listened to this compilation of albums, the more I loved all the albums (except for ‘The Masterbeast From The Moon‘, that’s just too bizarre). Once you get over the initial shock, you start to dig the various genres tackled and appreciate the skill involved in putting this release together.This will not recruit new fans to the band and newbies should certainly start with ‘The Arockalype’ or ‘Sexorcism’. For longtime fans like me, this is truly a gift, an experience that no other band could ever give me. I am use to and expect all the usual rock/metal tropes, but nothing could prepare me for this. It’s a pricey collection if you are purchasing physical media, but pay the money, get this release, set 5 hours aside, pour a glass of your favorite beverage, and take in an experience like no other.

Line Up:

Tracklist:

CD1 - Skelectric Dinosaur:

01 SCG Minus 7: The Arrival
02 Day Off Of The Devil
03 Starsign Spitfire
04 Maximum-O-Lovin'
05 The King On The Head Staker’s Mountain
06 Carnivore
07 Phantom Lady
08 The Tragedy Of Annie Mae
09 Blow My Fuse
10 ...And Beyond The Isle Was Mary

CD2 - Superflytrap:

01 SCG Minus 6: Delightful Pop-Ins
02 Macho Freak
03 Believe Me
04 Spooky Jive
05 City Of The Broken Hearted
06 Bella From Hell
07 Cast Out From Heaven
08 Gonna Do It (Or Do It And Cry)
09 Zombimbo
10 Cinder Ghost Choir

CD3 - The Masterbeast From The Moon:

01 SCG Minus 5: Transmission Request
02 Moonbeast
03 Celestial Serpents
04 Hurricane Of The Slain
05 Spear Of The Romans
06 Bells Of The Netherworld
07 Transmission Reply
08 Church Of Succubus
09 Soliloquy
10 Robots Alive!
11 Yoh-Haee-Von
12 Transmission On Repeat

CD4 - Abusement Park:

01 SCG Minus 4: The Carnival Barker
02 Abusement Park
03 Grrr!
04 Ghost Train
05 Carousel
06 House Of Mirrors
07 Pinball Machine
08 Nasty, Wild & Naughty
09 Rollercoaster
10 Up To No Good
11 Merry Blah Blah Blah

CD5 - Humanimals:

01 SCG Minus 3: Scarctic Circle Telethon
02 Borderline
03 Victims Of The Romance
04 Heart Of A Lion
05 The Bullet Bites Back
06 Be My Maniac
07 Rucking Up The Party
08 Girl In A Suitcase
09 Supernatural
10 Like A Bee To The Honey
11 Humanimal

CD6 - Abracadaver:

01 SCG Minus 2: Horricone
02 Devilium
03 Abracadaver
04 Rejected
05 Acid Bleeding Eyes
06 Raging At Tomorrow
07 Beast Of Both Worlds
08 I'm Sorry I'm Not Sorry
09 Bent Outta Shape
10 Evil
11 Vulture Of Fire
12 Beastwood

CD7 - Spooky Sextravaganza Spectacular:

01 Scg Minus 1: The Ruiz Ranch Massacre
02 Demon Supreme
03 Re-Animate
04 Lizzard Of Oz
05 Killusion
06 Skull And Bones (The Danger Zone)
07 Goliath
08 Drekavac
09 Terror Extra-Terrestrial
10 Shake The Baby Silent
11 If It Ain't Broken (Must Break It)
12 Anticlimax

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 28 Mar 2023, 10:04

Lordi - Screem Writers Guild (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 135 mb

Bio:

Album:

Screem Writers Guild is the upcoming eighteenth studio album by the Finnish rock band Lordi.It is set to be released on 31 March 2023, and will be their first album under the label, Atomic Fire Records.The album has been described as not a concept album, but contains a 'cinematic horror movie' theme throughout.It is the first studio album to feature guitarist Kone,[7] following the departure of the band's original guitarist Amen.Strong keys, soul-touching guitar solos, gruff lead vocals, and blended backing vocals culminate into one horrific spooktacular package.References to werewolves, dracula, vampires, and sound effects of owls and crows off in the distance add to the illusion of either being on the set of The Rocky Horror Picture Show or locked inside of Disney’s Haunted Mansion, a dark ride attraction and walk through show.Pure ghostly entertainment. The commitment to the lyrics, sound effects, and overall theme of the band’s ‘own horror cinema’ is hair-raisingly delightful from beginning to end.The sound is an oxymoron in and of itself, as it sounds mysteriously spine-chilling, yet simultaneously uplifting.Screem Writers Guild consists of 14 tracks of sheer terror starting with Dead Again Jayne (Track 1), which displays some fast-paced finger work by Kone (guitar) and attention getting keys by Hella. “Jane, ringing you back is all in vain,” Mr. Lordi screeches.The lyrics refer to a girl attracted to another guy. Maybe the follow up will be on Crime Watchers. mmmm.SCG XVIII: Nosferuiz Horror Show (Track 2) sounds like the album intro, which lasts about a minute and is followed by Unliving Picture Show (Track 3). This song showcases phenomenal drum (Mana) and bass (Hiisi) coordination and blending skills. Inhumanoid (Track 4) is a fun, spirited song that takes you on an adventure. “Engineered to destroy.”Thing In The Cage (Track 5) and Vampyro Fang Club (Track 6) both have prominent intros, which make them album standouts.They both create an atmosphere of being at a 1920’s haunted circus. The Bride (Track 7) is deliberately slow with cryptic lyrics: “If you cross me, there’s one thing you should know.The blood will flow.” Remarkable guitar solo. Lucyfer Prime Evil (Track 8) is a pleasant experience about an unpleasant experience. Enough said. This song coincides with a lyric video drawn by Kaarle and edited and scripted by Mr. Lordi (vocals, costume designer, makeup/comic/graphic artist extraordinaire). End Credits (Track 14) is another favorite simply because it is the most personal for Mr. Lordi himself. The lyrics are the deepest yet, because he tells of his life story.Screem Writers Guild, the band’s eighteenth studio album, is their best yet; perhaps due to the guitar solos by newest member, Kone, who is an avid Iron Maiden fan.The guitar solos are distinctively individualistic. Congrats on the position and hopes for many more to come!

Line Up:

Mr. Lordi - Vocals (1992-present) - See also: ex-Tuska20, ex-Wanda Whips Wall Street
Kone - - Guitars (2022-present)

Production:

Ilkka Herkman – mixing
Pauli Saastamoinen – mastering

Tracklist:

01. Dead Again Jayne
02. SCG XVIII: Nosferuiz Horror Show
03. Unliving Picture Show
04. Inhumanoid
05. Thing in the Cage
06. Vampyro Fang Club
07. The Bride
08. Lucyfer Prime Evil
09. Scarecrow
10. Lycantropical Island
11. In the Castle of Dracoolove
12. The SCG Awards
13. Heavengeance
14. End Credits

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HEAVY Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 14 neregistrovaných