Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Heavy Metal , Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 164 mb

Bio:

HELLISH WAR is the most ‘European’ band from Brazil! Since when the band was formed, back in 1995, its sonority is based on the 80th’s Heavy Metal made in England and Germany.While other contemporary bands were forcing a supposed renovation of the style, HELLISH WAR’s musicians were simply following their hearts playing what they most liked. Musical sincerity and devotion for the True Heavy Metal!Since the band’s first demo tape, The Sign (1996), HELLISH WAR is conquering the European market. Defender Of Metal, the debut from 2001, released by Megahard Records, was well promoted outside Brazil and some copies of the Brazilian edition were exported to Europe. Today the album is a cult, being considered by some old school German metalheads as "the best Brazilian Heavy Metal album of all time”. Besides, Heroes Of Tomorrow, from 2008, brought the technical evolution that everybody was expecting. The response from the European media to the album could not be better. "Heroes Of Tomorrow is an album that many European bands would like to have released…” published back then the Greek site Metal Temple.The success in Europe soon yielded an international contract to the band. The respected German record label Pure Steel Records (Halloween, Anacrusis, Aska, Sabbat, Mortician, etc) released the two albums of the band in a 2-CD set for the entire European territory.Result? Success of sales!Discography released, success of press and audience, it was only missing a HELLISH WAR tour over Europe – in this terms only Brazil had proved the fire power of the band on stage, where the band was playing live frequently, including some important opening-act shows for Saxon in Curitiba/PR and for UDO in Sao Paulo/SP.The first HELLISH WAR’s European Tour started to be planned with an invitation for the band to play at the eighth edition of SwordBrothers Festival, one of the main and most respected German Festivals specialized in Old School Metal.Before the band to embark, Roadie Crew, the most important rock/metal magazine from Brazil, published a two pages interview with the band under the title "HELLISH WAR – Conquering The World”.Baptized as "European First Assault Tour", HELLISH WAR played eight shows through Germany, Belgium and Switzerland, including four festivals shows: "Back To Rock Festival" in Reiden/Switzerland, "Razorblade Festival" in Dattlen/Germany (two nights) and the already mentioned "SwordBrothers Festival” – according to audience and the organizers of the event, HELLISH WAR and the legendary Omen did the two best shows of that year’s edition of the festival."The result of our first European tour was excellent," said drummer Daniel Person. "The reception to our live shows was incredible. All our gigs had a great audience and the CDs and merchandise sales also were excellent. The final assessment is that the tour was an absolute success, definitely."The successful first HELLISH WAR’s European Tour is now registered on Live In Germany, the third album of the band’s career.Live In Germany was recorded on 18th and 19th of September 2009 during the two shows that the band played at "Razorblade Festival" in Germany. The sound was captured live by the German sound engineer Oliver Okunneck. The mixing and mastering was left to Vulcano, the band's guitar player.Live In Germany brings tracks from the entire career of the band, interpreted by a line-up that is together for more than eight years. This is also the first release by the band’s new Brazilian record label, Hellion Records, one of the biggest labels and distribution company of the entire Latin America."The launch of Live in Germany is a very important chapter in Hellish War's career," says Daniel. "And nothing better than to have all the experience and structure of Hellion Records now! We have several plans already set for the next two years and having Hellion as our partner is a great incentive, besides being a great pride to continue with our foot on the accelerator on the road of Metal!"Live in Germany is not just the first live effort by HELLISH WAR, but the consolidation of almost 15 years playing Heavy Metal music with heart and soul. Moreover, an opportunity for fans, in Europe, Brazil or from the entire world, to feel how memorable was the "European First Assault Tour". Metal Still Burns!

Album:

Even to some of those who love the Power Metal heroes of the 1980's their supposed modern descendants in the shape of the likes of Edguy and Hammerfall are hugely maligned, and often rightly so given how bastardised what they do is. Power Metal these days, it seems, doesn't even need to be particularly powerful to be considered so. Even among the best of these second and third wave bands there are no classic albums to measure up to the old guard- even the best among them like Gamma Ray's Land Of The Free pales against relatively minor bands from the 80's like Gravestone or Scanner, nevermind against Kai Hansen's own previous work in Helloween. All is not lost though as thanks to the success of the likes of Skull Fist, Cauldron et al who are indebted to that 80's Power Metal sound in recent years, the time may be right for a new successor to that style to rise. Hellish War may just have heralded that arrival with this album- not just a Power Metal album that lives up to its boast of power, but that can be counted among the gods for quality.In the past I knew this band only by reputation for their supposed similarities to Manowar, which had not exactly encouraged me to check them out as I have about as much use for Manowar-clones as I do Communist Black Metal. Upon hearing this album though I was struck by how little that comparison made sense, or rather how rarely it did. Sure vocalist Bil Martins (this his first outing with Hellish War) has a bit of Eric Adams' falsetto reach in his voice among other things and the choruses to “Fire And Killing” and “Phantom Ship” do have nods to the Kings Of Metal, but this is not as heavily indebted as I was led to believe. I have still not heard Hellish War's 2 previous efforts, 2001's Defender Of Metal (a Manowar title if there ever was one) and 2008 Heroes Of Tomorrow so perhaps with a new vocalist has a come a change in style away from Manowar derivative territories. If there is one band that I think this can be consistently compared to then it is actually Running Wild.Neither in the vocals or the music does this resemble in anyway the sort of “Weakness Metal” that his usurped the genre name in the past 2 decades. Bil Martins may not be a classical perfectionist when it comes to his vocals and at several points on this album over-exuberance overtakes precision, but nevertheless his impassioned style has range, a tone that puts me in mind variously of Hansi Kurch and Matt Barlow and a trailing quality to his timbre on certain songs that makes me think of Steve Grimmett. Meanwhile touches like the drum solo intro to “Reflects On The Blade”, the total Grave Digger riffage of “The Challenge” and the Helloween influence on the soloing shown best on “Master Of Wreckage” keep this firmly in the 80's, with a solid and poweful production far beyond anything else I've heard come out of Brazil before.So far, so good but so generic you might be thinking? Surprisingly the answer is no- at several points on this album I am taken back by the diversity and maturity of the songwriting. The opening title track begins with a minor key tremelo-heavy riffing style that in a different guise could be classed as Black Metal, and this becomes a trademark that crops up on other songs including “Fire And Killing” while there is a tasteful dose of Blind Guardian's semi-acoustic folksy whimsy on “Darkness Ride” and even a touch of the epic-era Bathory in the crashing waves that begin album centrepiece “Phantom Ship.” Hellish War take the biggest risk on the minor-key emotional number “Scars (Underneath Your Skin)” and whilst I still feel this track would have worked better as a ballad it pulls through nonetheless thanks to some awesome layered vocals in the chorus that have a nice Queensrÿche touch to them.Like the vocals it is far from perfect- my biggest criticism is of the instrumental track “Battle At Sea”, mostly because on repeated listens you can really start to hear where it could've been turned into another great song with the addition of lyrics. Where this album's real power lies however is in the album flow. Aside from the ill-advised instrumental the intensity that bands both younger and older would kill for is not let up for a second, yet it never becomes tedious even through songs that mostly 6 minutes plus and feel like half of that. By the end of “Phantom Ship” you will have been listening for 44 minutes, yet the album doesn't feel like it's coming to a close until the subtle work towards a climax on “Darkness Ride.” This modern Power Metal masterpiece is capped off at the 67 minute mark with the near 10 minute finale “The Quest”, which sounds a bit shaky at times and threatens to scupper the whole venture, but is pulled back fantastically at the end and kept strong by the huge cinematic feel to its main riff. Undoubtedly this deserves to be hailed as a Power Metal classic.

Line Up:

Bil Martins - Vocals (2012-present) - See also: DarkWitch, ex-Heavenly Kingdom
JR - Bass - See also: ex-Depthless, ex-Abscess
Vulcano - Guitars - See also: ex-Depthless
Daniel Job - Guitars, Keyboards
Daniel Person - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Keep It Hellish 05:14
02. The Challenge 06:06
03. Reflects on the Blade 06:27
04. Fire and Killing 07:27
05. Masters of Wreckage 05:57
06. Battle at Sea 05:11
07. Phantom Ship 08:02
08. Scras (Underneath Your Skin) 07:12
09. Darkness Ride 06:47
10. The Quest 09:29

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HEAVY Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 13 neregistrovaných