Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 141 mb

Bio:

Legendary heavy metal in the NWOBHM vein from Denmark. Witch Cross only released one album, “Fit for Fight”, and a single, “Are You There”; they then vanished off the face of the earth, as is the case with many NWOBHM bands.Classic European heavy metal band from Denmark. Their debut album was recorded by Henrik Lund, the same engineer of Mercyful Fate's "Melissa" and "Don't Break The Oath", at Easy Sound Recordings, Copenhagen.Singer Alex Nyborg Madsen and guitarist Mike Wlad later turned up in Danish act Harlot, who released one album in 1989. Alex also became the singer of Led Zeppelin Jam. In 1993, the first album with his new band, Savage Affair, was released. He is also a well-known radio host and hosted a TV show in the late 90's.However, Witch Cross (also spelled Witchcross) has a loyal cult following.The members of Witch Cross reunited in 2011.

Album:

I have found about WITCH CROSS recently with the last year re-release of their 1984 album “Fit for Fight” which was a honest dose of Heavy Metal. The band didn’t have any full release other than that album and a handful of demos until this year. “Axe To Grind” their second album thirty years after the first one. From the first album’s line up only guitarist Mike Kock and Jan Normark remain while Lars Bjornstad was on the drums of the band’s first demo. Of the other band members only Kevin Moore is notable of OLIVER / DAWSON SAXON fame who has the difficult task to step on Alex Nyborg’s very characteristic vocals.“Axe To Grind” contains eleven tracks of which the first and the last are intros and the homonymous track is instrumental. The remaining songs are containing fair doses of heavy/epic metal and but the songs seem to suffer here and there, either from obvious repetition of famous metal riffs or weak compositions. The intro of the record is indifferent but leads into the very good “Demon In The Mirror”. “Ride With The Wind” and “Lost without Warning” are balancing between heavy metal and power/epic sound but the first one is a blunt copy of the Future World by PRETTY MAIDS. “Chelsea 100” has some very cool music but I can hardly find any meaning in its lyrics. All in all as I try to find good things in the songs I also found things that I do not like.Compared to the first record the major difference that I have spotted is the vocals. Kevin Moore is doing a great job but his voice is more “evil” compared to the voice of Alex Nyborg which was very soothing and made each song very special. The mix of the record is handled by the famous Chris Tsangarides and the mastering by Flemming Rasmussen (sometimes the names are not enough) but it feels rather flat, especially on the drums. The rest of the band is having a great performance but composition-wise as I said the record is having a lot of flaws. WITCH CROSS new album leaves me with mixed feelings. I think that the new album doesn’t stand to the quality of the band’s first album. However the fans of heavy metal should take a look at it.

Line Up:

Paul Martini - Guitars
Mike "Wlad" Kock - Guitars, Vocals (backing) - See also: ex-Blood Eagle
Kevin Moore - Vocals
Jan "Little John Field" Normark - Bass (1979-1986, 2011-present) - See also: ex-Blood Eagle

Tracklist:

01. March of the Vikings 00:48 instrumental
02. Demon in the Mirror 03:49
03. Ride With the Wind 03:58
04. Metal Nation (Raise Your Hands) 04:29
05. Awakening / Pandora's Box 04:57
06. Axe to Grind 02:56
07. Bird of Prey 04:54
08. Lost Without Warning 03:48
09. Part of the Machine 04:03
10. The Killing of Chelsea 100 05:11
11. Beyond the Veil 01:38 instrumental

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Witch Cross (DEN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 09 Jún 2021, 09:37

Witch Cross - Angel Of Death (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Style : Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 141 mb

Bio:

Legendary heavy metal in the NWOBHM vein from Denmark.Witch Cross only released one album, “Fit for Fight”, and a single, “Are You There”; they then vanished off the face of the earth, as is the case with many NWOBHM bands.Classic European heavy metal band from Denmark. Their debut album was recorded by Henrik Lund, the same engineer of Mercyful Fate's "Melissa" and "Don't Break The Oath", at Easy Sound Recordings, Copenhagen.Singer Alex Nyborg Madsen and guitarist Mike Wlad later turned up in Danish act Harlot, who released one album in 1989. Alex also became the singer of Led Zeppelin Jam. In 1993, the first album with his new band, Savage Affair, was released. He is also a well-known radio host and hosted a TV show in the late 90's.However, Witch Cross (also spelled Witchcross) has a loyal cult following.The members of Witch Cross reunited in 2011.

Album:

I love Witch Cross' 1984 album Fit for Fight and even though the lineup is only 40% original (guitarist Mike Wlad and bassist Little John Field), I enjoyed their 2013 return, Axe to Grind. Eight years later we get the band's third album, Angel of Death, a release I was not expecting, making it that much more of a pleasant surprise.Modern production aside, this is still an '80s band at heard and so you get great, Maiden-style galloping bass and harmony guitar work on songs like "Phoenix Fire" and the echo on singer Kev Moore's vocals on cuts like "Warrior" give just a taste of the band's '80s sound. They may not have been from Britain, but Witch Cross certainly took a lot from the NWOBHM aesthetic. Songs like "The Chosen One" and "Evil Eye" have a streak of hard rock running through their metallic hearts and it isn't hard to conjure up mid-80s Saxon when they are playing. Like a lot of albums these days, there isn't a single killer tune that defines Angel of Death, though the title track comes close. It's more a collection of rocking, metallic music with no dead spots. If you liked Axe to Grind or any of the NWOBHM band releases of the past 10 years, this is one to pick up.

Line Up:

Kevin Moore - Vocals (2012-present) - See also: ex-Son of a Bitch, Kev Moore, ex-Apollo, ex-BC Sweet, ex-Christie, ex-Dedication, ex-Graham Oliver, ex-Paidarion: Finlandia Project, ex-The Gonads, ex-Tubeless Hearts
Paul Martin - Guitars - See also: ex-Jane Doe
Little John Field - Bass (1982-1986, 2011-present) - See also: ex-Blood Eagle, ex-Jane Doe
Mike Wlad - Guitars, Vocals (backing) (1982-1985, 2011-present) - See also: ex-Blood Eagle, ex-Harlot, ex-Storm Island
Jesper Haugaard - Drums (2016-present) - See also: Crime Club, ex-Carmen

Tracklist:

01. Tempus Mori Est
02. Angel Of Death
03. Marauders
04. Evil Eye
05. The Chosen One
06. Phoenix Fire
07. Siren's Song
08. Eye Of The Storm
09. Last Rites
10. Warrior

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HEAVY Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Google [Bot] a 26 neregistrovaných