Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Melodic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 117 mb

Bio:

IN THE BEGINNING: “I dreamed about being an artist and a songwriter since I was about 9 years old,” recalls the Brooklyn native. “The first song I ever wrote was when I was 10 — ‘The Key to My Heart.’ I was so proud of it. It sounded a bit country, actually.” But, though she was drawn to The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin — and even attended Woodstock at age 12! — she grew up hearing Barbra Streisand on the radio. “So naturally,” she says, “some of her rubbed off on me. I gained a lot of strength imitating other singers. I was a bit of a parrot. This became very useful later on in years.” Though Beck didn’t have any formal vocal training, she learned a lot about music on the streets of her old neighborhood. “There were a few boys that used to gather on the corner with a guitar, and I was drawn to the sound like a moth to a flame,” she admits. “They always invited me to sing, and” — no surprise here! — “I was loud!”HER BIG BREAK: Beck was still just a kid when she left home for Daytona Beach to chase her dream of singing in a rock band. By the time she was 17, she had achieved it — she was on the road with a group called Deep South. Soon after, she signed her first recording contract and released her debut single, “Still in Love.” But it wasn’t until after that, back in New York, that things really started to take off for her. While working on everything from a Broadway musical (“Got to Go Disco”) to her premier album (1979’s “Sweet Talk,” with Kenny Lehman of “Dance, Dance, Dance”), she got to collaborate with some of the greatest musicians in the world as part of, of all things, the jingle biz! In fact, it was when her song, “First Time,” was chosen for use in Coca-Cola commercials in 1988 that her name became a household one! (Not only that, but the song became a huge hit around the globe and spent three weeks at No. 1 in the UK!)ALL-STARS: By then officially a Very Big Deal, Beck fielded contributions for her next album, “Trouble or Nothin’,” from such A-listers as Steve Lukather (Toto), Paul Stanley (KISS), Diane Warren, Desmond Child and her long-standing writing partner, Jeff Kent. “Human Instinct,” released in 1992, again featured the crème de la crème of the session world (Jeff Porcaro, Kim Bullard, Tim Pierce, Michael Landau, Lee Ritenour, Michael Thompson, etc.) and a line-up of blue-chip songwriters (Mark Spiro, Jeff Kent, Journey’s Jonathan Cain, Heart’s Ann and Nancy Wilson, Sue Shifrin, Glen Burtnik etc.). Two years later, “Can't Get Off” included songs co-written by everyone from Clif Magness (Avril Lavigne, Steve Perry) and Steve Kipner to Michael Bolton and Marc Jordan.TIME-OUT: During a break from the music biz, Beck met and married James Christian, a record producer and singer with the rock band House of Lords, and they had a beautiful daughter, Olivia. But Beck still couldn’t stay entirely out of the limelight — as if! — so in 1998, she recorded a duet with Italian star Pupo (which she promoted all over Italy and Germany with nine-month-old Olivia by her side!). By 1999, Beck was back in action, putting out singles like “Jewel in My Crown” and “Shut Up and Kiss Me.” Four years later, she released a new full-length album, “Wonderland,” which paired her powerhouse vocals with a more contemporary sound. In 2005, she returned to her melodic rock roots with “Do You Miss Me?” which included songs by, among others, Marc Jordan (Kansas, Cher), Amy Sky (Heart), Desmond Child, Michael Bolton and Chris Pelcer (Peter Cetera, Van Zant). A year later came “Living On a Dream,” which Melodic Rock Magazine’s Andrew McNeice hailed as a Rock Classic Album!BACK TO THE FUTURE: That same year, Beck was asked by Universal Records to rerecord her megahit, “First Time,” with the famed Sunblock remixers. Once again, the song took off, hitting the Top 10 on the UK’s Billboard charts and selling more than 3 million units (so far!). In 2009, Beck kicked off her new label, Her Majesty’s Music Room, with a 20th anniversary Silver Edition rerelease of “Trouble or Nothin’” — completely rerecorded! Explaining why she started her own label, Beck says, “For years, I believed that I had no power because I didn’t sit behind a desk up at a record company drawing a check and calling the shots. Those days are over! In order to live the dream, you have to take stock in it. In order to walk the road less traveled, you have to blaze a trail! So no more passing the buck for this girl!”HITTIN’ THE ROAD: In 2011, Beck put out “The Great Escape,” which included “That All Depends On What You Do Tonight,” her duet with Joe Lynn Turner of Rainbow and Deep Purple, and “Till the End of Time,” her duet with husband James. She then spent 2012 playing arenas all over Europe, starting with 21 glorious performances of “Rock Meets Classic,” alongside Deep Purple’s, Ian Gillian, Toto’s Steve Lukather, Survivor’s Jimi Jamison and Manfred Mann’s Chris Thompson. After an almost 20-year hiatus from performing live, she had been bitten again by the bug and decided to do her own tour of Europe to follow up her acclaimed set at Nottingham’s Firefest. “I don’t think I’ve ever been more happy to be scared out of my wits,” she says. But it’s clear now that her love affair with the stage is one that will never end!WHAT'S ‘UNDERNEATH’?: For her latest album, “Underneath,” Beck took a chance and allowed some new writers to submit material. When she heard their work, she was blown away. “It felt so right,” she marvels, “I just had to have these songs for myself!” So, in addition to Robin and her boys Denander and Christian writing team, she now has Glen Burtnik, Barry Jay and Fiona, “Underneath” includes songs co-written by Germany’s Crush Boys (Daniel Volpe and Thomas Lipp, known for their work with Dutch teen idol Jeronimo and German girl group Monrose), Swedish Eurovision 2013 winners Linnea Deb and Joy Deb (Robin Stjernberg), Charlie Mason (Miley Cyrus), Mark Smith (Cinema Bizarre), Christian Rabb and Frida Molander (Nina Zilli) and more. Plus, with husband James Christian (lead singer of House of Lords) again producing the album (and dueting on “Burning Me Down” — and daughter Liv, herself a star in the making, on backing vocals — “It’s a family affair,” says Beck. “We just happen to be a family whose foundation is solid rock!”

Album:

Here we are and now it's 2013 and the gloves are off. The new cd about to come out this August is just CRAZY GOOD! I don't know how it keeps happening to me that the greatest song writers in the world just magically appear and share there talents with me. What the hell... I must be going crazy! What did I ever do to deserve this? Thank you Karma . Must be all those years of takin' it in the chin as a kid. Me and my clock radio... Anyone who's ever read my bio will surely understand. Well enough about me lets get to the songs.The first cut on the album: Wrecking Ball is just me all over the place. The sentiment is my life story in terms of dynamics in many relationships... I'm a tough cookie but I gotta soft center. I'm a wrecking ball, and you're lucky that I am... Second cut: Ain't That Just Like Love: So you all know by now that me and Fiona are buds... well in honor of our budship I just had to do one of her songs. Now we all know that she's raw energy and I really can't hold a candle to her to tell the truth... but man this song suits me... Leave it to the woman to explain everything... this song is on a tangent to set things right... Third Cut: "Sprain" How about I'm too tough to get hurt so screw you! No more Mr. nice guy or gal whatever!You wanna be a heart break, but you're a worst a sprain... get it? I sure did Forth Cut: "Underneath" ahhh the title cut of the album... so telling and so intimate that it will cause projectile tears to rush from your eyes... Is this song about me... I don't know... maybe... but then again, who isn't it about just a little bit.Fifth Cut: "Cat Fight" Look out...there's jealousy about... that's all I'm gonna say... ladies... heads up OR OFF WITH YOUR HEADS!Sixth cut: "Check Your Attitude" Well true to form... we all gotta do that sometimes... This is about fairness in love and a no nonsense approach to honesty.

Line Up:

Robin Beck – Lead vocals
James Christian – Guitar / Bass / Keyboards / Backing Vocals
Jimi Bell – Guitar
Glen Burtnik – Guitar
Tommy Denander — Guitar
Jeff Batter – Keyboards
BJ Zampa – Drums
Fiona – Backing Vocals
Liv Beck – Backing Vocals

Tracklist:

01. Wrecking Ball
02. Aint That Just Like Love
03. Sprain
04. Underneath
05. Catfight
06. Check Your Attitude
07. Burnin Me Down
08. Perfect Storm
09. Ya Can’t Figth Love
10. I Swear The Nights
11. Follow You

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Bing [Bot] a 13 neregistrovaných