Code Of Silence - Dark Skies Over Babylon (Japan Edition) (2013)

hudební novinky 2013 / music news 2013
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 10 Máj 2023, 08:22

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013 (Japan Edition)
Style : Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 174 mb

Bio:

In late 2010 an idea was born between Paul Logue (Eden’s Curse) and James Murray to put together a Melodic Metal band of talented musicians that were predominately Scottish based.Logue turned to seasoned Edinburgh based Drummer John Clelland (The Jack), whom he had been working alongside on another musical project, and young Renfrewshire based Keyboard player Scott McLean (Falloch / ex-Concept Of Time), who had auditioned for Eden's Curse previously and shown promise. With Murray taking up the Bassist position, the search proved fruitless in recruiting a Scottish based Vocalist and Guitarist with a certain je ne sais quoi that would separate the band from the herd.Logue, further utilising his contacts, turned to young guitar virtuoso Ben Randall (ex-Power Quest) whom he had previously managed and rated extremely highly. Randall had been gaining a reputation as one of the rising guitar stars of his generation and won the “Most Promising Young Guitarist” title at the 2008 London Guitar Idol contest at just 17 years of age against some 750 international entrants."It was all about finding the right musical vehicle for Ben" stated Logue. "This kid is technically one of the most astute guitarists I have ever come across, yet his ability to produce stunning melodies will embarrass the most seasoned of players. Ben is a massive part of the way this band sounds" he went onto add.The final piece of the jigsaw was the addition of a top drawer vocalist. Enter experienced Brazilian singer Gus Monsanto (ex-Adagio / Timo Tolkki's Revolution Renaissance / Takara) who completed the line up and Code of Silence was born."I met Gus at MelodicRockFest 2 in Elgin, Illinois when Eden's Curse performed there. I was very familiar with his work, with Timo Tolkki (Stratovarius) and especially due to my close links with David Readman (Pink Cream 69 / Voodoo Circle / ex-Adagio), whom Gus replaced in Adagio. In fact, I think Gus was surprised I knew who he was ha ha" commented Logue. "He is a very personable guy and a fantastic vocalist. I immediately thought of him and made my approach and he jumped at the chance. I think we both had a good feeling about working with each other, and we were both proved right" added Logue.With Logue overseeing the writing and production of the album, which begun in earnest, with the group producing a two track demo featuring "Here To Heaven" and "Witches Of November" to test the water. Produced at Masquerade Ball Studios in Bishopton by Logue and mixed by American mixing engineer Fred Slackery, the demo convinced the band that this was more than workable. In fact it exceeded their expectations.Murray added "The sound of the band was exceptional, the musicianship inspirational and the songs were first rate on every level. This was a band with something to say".It was unanimous, an album had to happen, and at haste.Over the following months Logue wrote all of the album tracks, along with his main co-writer Murray, who provided the basis for the majority of the lyrical concepts, based upon the Knights Templar, alongside a couple of musical contributions by McLean and Randall.Logue turned to Eden's Curse colleagues, Pete Newdeck and Alessandro Del Vecchio, for backing vocals and mixing/mastering respectively, with both turning in outstanding contributions.In November 2012 the band signed to Rubicon Music in Japan and the Belgian based label Mausoleum Records, who will release the debut album in January and February 2013 respectively.In December 2012 the band filmed their first promotional video for their debut single "Sky Is Falling Down" which will be premiered in late January 2013.Some two years after hatching the initial plan, Code Of Silence now stand proud beside a stunning debut album that packs melody and power, wrapped in a gloriously punchy and modern sounding metal production. The Melodic Metal world needs to move aside and make room ... there is a new kid in town and this one is silent and deadly!

Album:

CODE OF SILENCE is a Heavy Metal band from UK that was formed recently in 2011, and they have just launched their career with "Dark Skies Over Babylon".The album is a decent effort that promises much better material in the future. The writing of the songs is impressing, although it has nothing special about it. The riffs are kind of "old-school", in a fairly negative way, but still catchy and solid. The Brazilian singer Gus Monsanto proved great vocal skills as well.The best part of the whole album was, in my opinion, the intro "Omerta". It's has some sort of soundscape epicenes with enchanting orchestrations, a sort of "Gregorian" / Ethnic male chant, and heavenly keyboards. This track actually makes you expect an epic Symphonic Power Metal opus à la RHAPSODY / KAMELOT. However, the epic atmosphere roughly changes into a more optimistic yet heavy sound as soon as "Bitter Sweet Paradise" starts. "Sky Is Falling Down" has already been released as a music video, since it indeed captures the substantial sound of this release. Tracks like "Tame The tempest", "Witches Of November" and "Black Abyss" show a great virtuosity in the band's musicianship. More Keyboards and even some female backing vocals are present in the title track, in which we can hear the most impressing solo in the whole album.The epic sound is briefly restored in "Midnight Caphedral (Veritas)" and "Here To Heaven" (which I think is the song I like most) through more intensive keyboards and symphonic interludes."Dark Skies Over Babylon" is a very good twitch. Hopefully their sound will develop a more "modern" and characteristic touch in the next albums.

Line Up:

Gus Monsanto - Vocals (2011-2014) - See also: Burnt City, Eden Myrrh, Human Fortress, Skyeart, ex-Astra, ex-Revolution Renaissance, ex-Seliger, ex-Symbolica, ex-Jade Lizard, ex-Lord of Mushrooms, Marmor, The Yell, ex-Omega Blast, ex-Overdose, ex-Adagio, ex-Lightseekers, ex-Aria Inferno, ex-Takara
Ben Randall - Guitars (lead) (2011-2014) - See also: ex-Power Quest
James Murray - Bass (2011-2014) - See also: ex-Imperial Vengeance (live)
Scott McLean - Keyboards (2011-2014) - See also: Falloch, Healthyliving, Lasse Reinstroem, ex-Ashenspire, ex-Concept of Time, ex-Shelf of the Slain, ex-Torne
John Clelland - Drums (2011-2014) - See also: Eden's Curse, Chris Glen & The Outfit, Highway Jones, McFleetwood, Thundercloud, ex-Karma, ex-Mustang Sally, ex-Ransom, ex-The Crows, ex-The Jack, ex-The Troubleshooters

+ Backing Vocals – Gus Monsanto, Pete Newdeck

Production:

Recorded At – Masquerade Ball Studios
Recorded At – Hidden From The Sun Studios
Recorded At – Studio 73
Recorded At – Higher Studio
Art Direction – Alfie Falckenbach
Design – Didier Scohier
Illustration, Layout – Didier Scohier
Liner Notes – 土屋京輔*
Mixed By, Mastered By – Alessandro Del Vecchio
Photography By – MJ Dixon
Producer – Paul Logue

Tracklist:

01. Omerta (Intro)
02. Bitter Sweet Paradise
03. Sky Is Falling Down
04. Tame The Tempest
05. Dark Skies Over Babylon
06. Seventh Seal
07. Witches Of November
08. Black Abyss
09. Knights Of The Crimson Cross
10. Midnight Caphedral (Veritas)
11. Here To Heaven
12. Witches Of November (Original Demo) (Bonus Track)
13. Here To Heaven (Original Demo) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 7 neregistrovaných