Mean Streak - Trial By Fire (Japan Edition) (2013)

hudební novinky 2013 / music news 2013
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Apr 2022, 13:44

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013 (Japan Edition)
Style : Heavy Metal , Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 142 mb

Bio:

Mean Streak is a Swedish metal band who manages the legacy of traditional heavy metal. The band was formed in 2008 by Peter Andersson. The general idea was (and still is) to write classic metal straight from the heart.The debut album “Metal Slave” reached the stores in September 2009 and made a huge impact on the European and Japanese metal markets. The album received 8/10 in Rock Hard magazine as well as 89/100 in Burrrn! and got airplay on metal radio stations all over the world including Bruce Dickinson on BBC 6. The reviews world wide was overwhelming. A number of shows in clubs also took place.The second album “Declaration Of War” was released in January 2011 and in conjunction with that the band did their first tour out of Europe. The journey went towards Japan where the album recived great reviews from press and fans alike.During a recreation trip to Thailand in 2012, Peter and Plec started to lay out the plans for a third Mean Streak album. It was decided that the rest of the year would be spent writing and recording new material. This time no stone would be left unturned in the making of the perfect heavy metal album. In March 2013 “Trial By Fire” was ready to be delivered to Black Lodge and Bickee Music/Japan.In February 2015 Peter began writing new material for a fourth album. The writing and demo-recording took place in his project studio in Malaga Spain. 12 new songs made it to the final recordings that begun in December 15 at Panic Room Studios in Sweden. In October 2016, the man behind the mixing desk was no other than the world famous producer Max Norman. Norman is perhaps best known for his work with Ozzy Osbourne and Megadeth as well as Lynch Mob and Y & T.The new album will be called ”Blind Faith” and contains 11 brand new metal classics plus a bonus track in Japan.In January 2017 Mean Streak signed a management-deal with German Rock N´Growl. This resulted in three new record-deals on the Blind Faith album. Avalon/Marquee in Japan/Korea and ROAR Records for Europe and USA via HighVolMusic.Plans are in progress right now for festivals and tours throughout 2017.

Album:

The Swedish axe wielders have returned for some hard pounding, just when the clock hit two years of time, they are out of their battleship ready to plunder in the name of whatever is Rock, or Roll or Heavy Metal. No twists and turns, without pandering on trends and countless of other schemes, they deliver the old burning heat of the 80s. They are the Swedish MEAN STREAK, and from day one, back in 2006, they have been in a streak of releasing great albums, where the ground shakes of the forces of Heavy / Power Metal and the perpendicular enthusiasms of formidable catchy Hard Rock, a place where appeared influences of IRON MAIDEN, HELLOWEEN, GAMMA RAY, ACCEPT, IRON SAVIOR, DEF LEPPARD and WHITESNAKE are evident as the stars up there in the sky above. “Trial By Fire”, the band’s number three, once again via the local label of Black Lodge Records, is without any exception different from the band’s earlier discography, maybe a bit Rockin’ things up just a tad bit, but it didn’t hurt their efforts on turning out sweet.“Trial By Fire” is actually a very simple release, taking out the lead guitar efforts that most where insane shreds, yet that truly had a point somewhere and just for the thrill of it. This is something that needs to be mentioned, if I already raised the subject up. This band two great axmen, David Andersson, that last year joined SOILWORK and took part of the band’s latest release, and Thomas Johansson, the band’s new recruit from TORCHBEARER, where he is in the role of the bass player. In my bill, this duo is quite a powerful unit. Their rhythm guitaring is rather natural to this formation of Metal and Rock styles, but when it comes rapturing with lead licks, their efforts are masterful. Rhythm guitar freaks and fanatics, like yours truly, will have plenty to consume while listening to this piece.Even though I really relished “Trial By Fire”, as a fine piece of 80s divinity, I don’t know why but I have to jump head first with a bit of a discontent show and tell, criticism and not bitching. First there is the sound engineering. I felt a bit of an inconsistency when the drums are involved. Take “Bad Blood” or “Thunderbolt” for example, what is that weakened snare sound? So petite and powerless, thankfully it became alive only on several areas throughout the release. Second, if I mentioned “Thunderbolt”, main riff too much ACCEPT, as I am a big fan of the track “Monsterman”, so it was pretty easy to recognize that one. I am sure that it wasn’t on purpose, or anything similar, but it is hard to ignore. To my delight, the song itself didn’t rely only this riff alone. Third, the acoustic staging, I would consider it and intermission, called “Cast Away”, depressed cry for help. Honestly, with such an energetic song companions, I didn’t see this one coming. In two words: absolute turnoff. On the other hand, if it was a bit spicier, like being formed as a power ballad for instance, as this band is so keen towards the 80s, it would have contracted a different reaction.Other than these three so called complaints, it was yet another MEAN STREAK experience. “We Are One”, while being overly obvious as a swift Power Metal bomber, fulfilling its role as a fast speeding bullet opener, garnered my attention and filled me with pride. Lyrics are heroic and ohh so victorious, like plenty of other examples I know. Nonetheless, this is a hit to be reckoned with, especially with that insane solo effort. “Into The Night”, a tasty killing buzz, sounding like a younger version of EDGUY, back when they used to release golden releases. Such great vocal harmonies, so catchy and vibrant, hard to forget, and I won’t even begin with the suitable riffery written for his scorcher. However, a rather shortened lead guitar effort. “Tunnel Vision”, the solid ground, where I found additional exemplary palate of a DEF LEPPARD and WHITESNAKE flavours. It is crisping the Blues just a little, a great vintage Heavy Metal smacker, great posture as a solid hit. “Trial By Fire” allowing you a final melodic MAIDENish jaunt right before ending this shindig. I believe this one to be one of the only NWOBHM incarnations of this entire album, though fresh sounding; it didn’t matter when that chunky heavy riff chorus turned its gaze. In a nutshell people, go for this album. I liked the debut better, and a slightly the previous one, but this is more of a Rockin’ party, so stick around, it will do you good.

Line Up:

Andy La Guerin - Vocals
Peter Andersson - Bass
Thomas Johansson - Lead Guitar
David Andersson - Lead Guitar
Jonas Källsbäck - Drums

Tracklist:

01. We Are One 04:22
02. Shine On 03:55
03. Thunderbolt 03:18
04. A Heartbeat Away 04:01
05. Bad Blood 05:13
06. Cast Away 03:39
07. Hangman´s Daughter 03:51
08. Into the Night 03:46
09. Let Love Rain 04:38
10. Tunnel Vision 04:13
11. Saints Are Falling 05:04
12. Trial by Fire 04:04
13. The Fugitive (Japan Bonus Track)
14. Crimson Sky (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 22 neregistrovaných